Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue PF

From 2/15/2011....

Oh yes! This will be mine!!!!

1000000000% full of win :yess:

Exlusive or fail! SS did a great job........on the prototype. Fingers crossed production holds up.

Thanks for ____ing the production up Sideshow. I know I can always count on you to ____ on a otherwise great product with mediocre paint apps.

Re: Rogue

rogueproto.jpg

https://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/equi-nox76/rogueproto.jpg

rogueinhand.jpg

https://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa20/equi-nox76/rogueinhand.jpg

Re: Rogue PF

That was my original intention, but bro, look at those pics. Even if we consider the fact that they haven't been taken in the best conditions, we still can see some unforgivable flaws.

Sure there are flaws, bro, we're always gonna get flaws on statues because nothing is ever perfect.

But I'm still gonna wait until I get mine before I make any comment. I'm just being a cautiously optimistic now.

:exactly: Same here. Rogue is my last statue purchase this year and I'm still looking forward to her, even if the current in-hand pics have sapped my optimism a little. But I refuse to panic until I have her here in front of me. :lecture

:lecture

Same here, homie. Like I've said so far...I'm not gonna comment until I have her in hand and see for myself. Other people's opinions are irrelevant to me, if I like Rogue when I open the box then that's all that matters. :lecture

Actually, my wife has a fancy-ass $700 Nikon, I just have no clue how to work it.

while she's not perfect, when was the last time we got something perfect from ssc?? she still looks good imo, and the ass still smokes:lecture

:lol at the idea that Disney had anything to do with this. I guarantee you that SS really probably had little to do with it. I'm sure it's a factory issue where the molds weren't exact in the buttcrack department.

It would have appeared changed at SDCC if it were consciously done, although it should have never made it past QC neither should those eyes....

:goodpost: Well said, Mike.

hmmm this is worrying... just started my collection earlier this year with an exclusive gambit pf and the back-in-black spiderman comiquette which i got off the secondary market, and i'm really impressed by the both of them. POed the reg edition for this (1st ever PO for a SS statue)... expectations have taken a beating so far... hopefully it'll look better when it arrives:dunno

I think the butt mold is the same as the prototype. All the "wrinkles" in the costume are still there. The reason it looks different to me is because the in hand pieces seem to have more paint applied to the crack area. You can see the orange tint that has been applied on top of the yellow to add shading. The prototype does not appear to have this orange paint. Compare the two photos above. The orange runs all along the crack and under both cheeks (and yes I'm giggling as I write this as I cannot believe I am scrutinizing this so much). :lol

While this change is not for the better, I can live with it. The changes/bad paint job on the heads is what is really unacceptable to me. I do respect people's opinions, but I do not agree with the statement that we never get anything perfect from Sideshow anymore, so this isn't that bad. I don't want perfect. I just want something that is close to the prototype we were shown. The prototype clearly shows that they are capable of making an awesome looking statue. However, when it goes into mass production over in China, there is way too much that is getting lost in translation.

We should not have to make excuses for Sideshow's shoddy workmanship - especially at the prices we are paying.

Just finished inspecting mine, #556. Honestly, the piece looks great to the naked eye. Her eyes have a bit of an issue but it depends on which angle you view the statue. And for some strange reason, the nicer the camera used to shoot this statue, the more flaws it can pick up. There are things that I hardly noticed with the naked eye that show up vividly in the pictures. Usually it's the other way around. I can honestly say that I am content with mine and plan on keeping it. Here are the pics of the heads. I used my Iphone to shoot the pics, since it gives a truer representation of what it looks like in person

This is probably one of the most accurate statement when talking about how this statue looks in person as compared to in hand photos. When I look at mine from different angles her eye(s) don't seem to be wandering as much. That's probably why I didn't want to take out the better camera, because of all the things my smaller camera at worked brought to my attention. At the end of the day I still think the paint apps are off and could've been better. I like the overall sculpt as much as before.

:exactly: :lecture

With 750 EX pcs, they are definitely going to have stock sitting around in their warehouse.

I personally still believe that even though we are having some problems. She is still going to be a hard find down the road. Because as I previously alluded to, it looks different from the naked eye as opposed to seeing the statue from behind the lens.

I personally still believe that even though we are having some problems. She is still going to be a hard find down the road. Because as I previously alluded to, it looks different from the naked eye as opposed to seeing the statue from behind the lens.

Darth Talon had wandering eye complaints and now it's an in demand statue. It looks like the paint apps are very hit or miss here but I think this will be a very popular statue down the road.

I think the reason they filled in the butt crack was more for practical reasons rather than Disney. To be able to paint the crack without paint clumping in between the cheeks during mass production would be very difficult ( think Scarlet witch comi cleavage )

Cant honestly believe anyone cares about the butt when there are such ridiculous paint issues. How many people are really gonna display this with the ass facing forward?

*insert virgin collector joke here*

Cant honestly believe anyone cares about the butt when there are such ridiculous paint issues. How many people are really gonna display this with the ass facing forward?

*insert virgin collector joke here*

Darth Snoopy will be. :lol

Did you even go on the waitlist for this Ski?

I did, this was one of them that I somehow missed because I was out of town or somewhere....

They closed the list on me though. So anyone that is not happy wit hur, give me a hollar!!! :lecture

Back