Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue PF

I think it's time to really believing that these NRD are working. So far only one Marvel NRD statue has been released (Hobgoblin Comi' Ex.) and it has yet to come back up for 2nd chance. Plus haven't heard of many talking about having WL converted. Now it we don't see the Cyke PF going back for 2nd chance or many WL converting. I really think it's going to be really hard getting your WL converted for Rogue.

My wait list for the Hobgblin converted over and should be getting it soon. :hi5:

even with the NRD there will be cancellations but maybe not as many as before

Jean/Marvel girl yes. Phoenix, no. People that are thinking that a Phoenix PF will get made in the Jim Lee line are mistaken. Phoenix played no part in Jim Lee's run on the X-MEN. I think if we see a Phoenix statue it would be as a comiquette. I can't see SSC making a Jim Lee marvel girl PF and then turning around and making a Phoenix PF.

The thing is the "Jim Lee costumes" as drawn by Lee lasted less than 8 issues. Therefore I prefer to call these PF costumes "early 90's" as opposed to Jim Lee. He really gets too much credit, since half the team was designed by Whilice Portracio.

And during this early 90s era Jean did eventually adopt the Phoenix codename and even the costume.

667400-2.jpg

a_jea1.jpg

j079.jpg

uncanny_x-men_356m.jpg

Both costumes would work

Jim Lee defined a look, subsequent artist, even on the X Men, were trying to replicate his look.

Jim Lee defined a look, subsequent artist, even on the X Men, were trying to replicate his look.

I would say Portacio and Lee started the 'look' since their styles are very similar; Portacio started penciling Punisher a few years before Lee and X-Factor a year after Lee started Uncanny X-Men. I really think that is what defines comics in the early 90's- Lee, Portacio, Larson, McFarlane, and even Liefield completely reinvented comics and each person put their own spin to the art.

I think Lee is more consistent with quality/style, but Portacio's X-Factor and Uncanny X-Men runs were fantastic; it is too bad his diabetes made his art so inconsistent once he left Marvel. I met him in person at SDCC several years ago and got a Wetworks #1 signed. He is taking over X-Men later this year and I can't wait; I may start buying comics again. :lol

who are you kidding? the xmen kept those designs until the new xmen started up

Read what I said again. I didn't say that the costumes lasted for 8 issues. I said the costumes as drawn by Lee lasted less than 8. They debuted in #1, he was gone by issue 10 with some fill in art issues.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Jim Lee's first x-men comic was Uncanny X-men 248 (or 9) and from what I can tell that went on into the 300s

Read what I said again. I didn't say that the costumes lasted for 8 issues. I said the costumes as drawn by Lee lasted less than 8. They debuted in #1, he was gone by issue 10 with some fill in art issues.

Jim Lee's last X-Men was issue 11.... :slap

....Anyway, although Jim Lee only drew the costumes for 11 issues, they were his design and they endured long after he left. He defined the character's looks for that era - same as John Byrne and Marc Silvestri did before him - which is why he gets the recognition. :lecture :lecture :lecture

Correct me if I'm wrong but Jim Lee's first x-men comic was Uncanny X-men 248 (or 9) and from what I can tell that went on into the 300s

You're right, Lee worked on Uncanny first but not all the time. He didn't redesign the costumes for Cyclops, Rogue, etc. until X-Men 1 in 1991, when the original X-Factor team rejoined the X-Men. His last Uncanny was issue 277. :lecture :lecture :lecture

....Anyway, although Jim Lee only drew the costumes for 11 issues, they were his design and they endured long after he left. He defined the character's looks for that era - same as John Byrne and Marc Silvestri did before him - which is why he gets the recognition. :lecture :lecture :lecture

You're right, Lee worked on Uncanny first but not all the time. He didn't redesign the costumes for Cyclops, Rogue, etc. until X-Men 1 in 1991, when the original X-Factor team rejoined the X-Men. His last Uncanny was issue 277. :lecture :lecture :lecture

This man knows his X-Men comics. :lecture

However they lived on in the animated series, which is all that matters :wave

So 8 vs 11, sue me. lol

The point he didn't draw them in these costumes as much as people like to remember he did.

Also he only designed the blue team. The gold team was designed by Whilice Portracio. He doesn't get enough credit.

However they lived on in the animated series, which is all that matters :wave

Yep, did I ever say otherwise or that they weren't iconic in their own way? nope. Just that Lee doesn't deserve all the credit as he drew the early 90s costumes for a short amount of time, Whilice Portracio designed half the team, and the cartoon gave the exposure.

Back