Premium Format SS Rogue Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rogue

yeHH ur right ......I recd Picture Perfect Rogue PF as shown in Prototype ........:yess:

Congrats bro.rogue had too many issues. I got one with the lazy eye with the high mascara dripping on her eye. paint apps is so so. But I saw another one at a comic shop, it was not much better either. I decided to keep mine as long as it not broken or have any cracked paint. I'm not going to risk it. But overall I love this statue. It's going to be one of my favorites. I really want to see GG make one like the quality of those sucker punch statues. It would be insanely well detail. :)

To everyone on here who has said "yeah, I'll just accept it for what it is" or "the original was better than the replacement so I'll just keep that" - you are all the reason that Sideshow's QC has gone to ____ and they don't care.

If you weren't happy enough to keep your crappy original when you first received it then why is it suddenly good enough now?

Just because something is slightly less of a turd than another turd doesn't mean it isn't still a turd. Stop accepting inferior products and maybe they'll finally up their game.

Love this statues! Feel sorry for ppl who received the flaw ones.

To everyone on here who has said "yeah, I'll just accept it for what it is" or "the original was better than the replacement so I'll just keep that" - you are all the reason that Sideshow's QC has gone to ____ and they don't care.

If you weren't happy enough to keep your crappy original when you first received it then why is it suddenly good enough now?

Just because something is slightly less of a turd than another turd doesn't mean it isn't still a turd. Stop accepting inferior products and maybe they'll finally up their game.

should work, but it wont since there's way to many new comers to the hobby and they're more than happy with the turds cause they know no better...

Same here. I liked the original shading and colors better (kind of darker...)

The replacement heads look 100% better though. Especially the EX one.

The shading on the yellow is a darker golden yellow on the original, while the green is brighter and lighter than the replacement. The new one had a much simpler almost non shaded, more lemon yellow than a true yellow, and there is more shading on the green, which looks like more like a forest green than the original, which looks more like an emerald green.
Actually, the shading is better on the original hair, too., as well as the skin shading. The only problem is the sloppy eyes and lips.

I went to go add my 2 cents to the complaint thread for the Rogue PF in the ask SS section but it was closed due to trolling. I was thinking about ordering PF Rogue since she's still available on the site and looks amazing in the proto pics! Then I came here on the forums and YouTube to see how the final product came out and man... 1 word. Unacceptable.
SS displayed an amazing proto of Rogue at the 2011 Con so there's no reason that same figure couldn't have been reproduced for their ES on the EXs and Regs. Shame on you SS. How could all these disgraceful Rogues pass through your QC? I didn't even buy one and I'm completely dissatisfied. The product you sent you your customers is complete trash. I was appalled to see the sloppy paint apps, the googlie eyes, the giraffe neck for the exclusive head, the jacket that doesn't fit and the butt reduction re-sculpt (probably the BEST part about this statue!) Unbelievable. Have the Rogues you're still offering for purchase on the website been rechecked through QC? I'd hate to see with complaints like these and your obvious disregard for and lack of QC on Rogue that you haven't pulled the remaining stock and fixed these issues.

Yeah, I ended up destroying my replaement body because I like the original better, just accepted it for what it was

I did too. The shading was better on my original.

They promised me they would personally inspect the replacement body before sending but when I got it the black lines were very sloppy in some areas.

Wow. They couldn't even get it right the second time. This is absurd.

Is it just me or did SS change the proto pics to update customers on what they'll really be getting? The eyes are looking up now not to the left as they were originally and the butt also looks different.

So the eyes are no longer meant to be looking to the left? The fix has the eyes looking up? As if towards the sky? And the butt will be less bubble like?

This will stop me from buying the Rogue PF all together. It's just too risky. Why can't I just have the prototype!

I have got Rogue PF Reg recently direct from SS head is perfect. I recommend u to buy directly from SS

I have got Rogue PF Reg recently direct from SS head is perfect. I recommend u to buy directly from SS
Can you post some pics please? I'd like 3 shots. 1. Headshot 2. Full Body 3. Booty
This would help and I would much appreciate it! :)
Ehhh, from a normal viewing distance, I'm able to ignore the less than perfect paint job. My replacement Rogue is better than the original one I got which I couldn't display at all due to glaring paint work faults.

Depending on the price, and if you have a strong enough nostalgic connection; then I'd say she's still worth getting.

I've posted these pics before, but, maybe they'd help?
Rogue05.jpg

Just, whatever you do, don't click the first link in my sig to hunt down my close-up shots. Don't - do - it. :lol :dunno
This first one looks pretty close to the proto as far as her eyes go on the reg head sculpt. I like it. Can you post a couple pics for me? One of her butt please. Oddly enough this is very important. And another of her face looking directly at her. It looks like that angle may be playing tricks on me. Is Marvel really owned by Disney or was someone just jerkin my chain?

Will SS inspect Rogue for me before they ship her to my address? Can I have them put her though QC again before she gets shipped? Also can I have them redo the eyes like the proto if necessary?

Will SS inspect Rogue for me before they ship her to my address? Can I have them put her though QC again before she gets shipped? Also can I have them redo the eyes like the proto if necessary?

1. They may tell you they will, but I don't think so.
2. Same question as 1.
3. Keep dreaming.

From what I understand with the remaining stock SS has customers will be getting this: Pay attention to the direction the eyes are looking and the sculpt of the butt.
securedownload.jpg

roguebackside.jpg

Customers were originally shown this: SS captured Rogue's southern charm with their proto pose. But the figure they're offering now with the eye's looking up the southern charm just isn't there. And neither is the amazing booty sculpt. :(

photo-1.jpg

securedownload3.jpg

securedownload1.jpg

securedownload2.jpg

This is why I'm upset. Great character. Great figure. SS knocked it out of the park with the proto they showed at SDCC11. The color, the curves etc. Since SS is not going to redo this figure I'd like to get one if I can. Don't get me wrong. I don't want to cave and accept the sub-par quality SS put out on this one, but I also don't want to miss out on it if I can get a good one.
Also just a side note: small gripe about the yellow paint apps. I like the proto again with the solid yellow. The edition sizes look like they ALL will have the yellow mixed with the red orange creases. I guess to aesthetically add definition?

Last edited:

Does this really explain why Rogue wasn't allowed the butt she was given?! Damn you Disney!

Not to :horse but that really pissed me off, Marvel/Disney needs to pull there collective heads out of there political correct asses and stand by the prototype, Thanks for the rant; Safara

Back