SS Arthas WOW Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the photos on sideshowtoy.com the trim is gold. I have currently have the statue in hand and am looking at it right now. There is absolutely no gold or any gold on this statue.

Then you got a defect or something cause the statue has gold trim, just look at my pics.

It's a duller gold and not bling-bling but it's a gold trim.

The trim isn't gold. Look at comic con videos, there it is gold.

So, should I paint the trim gold? Would you guys have preferred the gold trim to add more color to the piece?

Firstly, I don't go by the in game graphics of Arthas. The definitive look for him and his official look to me is in the CG of WotLK. There his armor is more chrome like in appearance. While there may be a small hint of gold on a few parts, the trim is mostly chrome.

The trim as they have it now is more closer to the cinematic, but it's still to gold to me.

Btw, in response to Gagaliya about the sword, I was a taken aback a slight bit, because I too was thinking it would be metal. But when I think about it, while they could do the sword in metal, it would have pushed the statue to about $379 - $399. This statue was already expensive enough as is.

Lastly, even though the sword is plastic, it is still an incredible sculpt, and as such, it definitely stands out. Like I said in my review of SF, to truly be the centerpiece of any collection (and it should be, its that great!), this needs a good chrome or stark silver like paint up on the trim and other pieces of his armor where the skulls on the shoulderpads and kneepads are.

This is still the best 1/5 I think SS has ever done. But, NO STATUE IS PERFECT! Every statue ever made has flaws or inconsistencies I can identify.

damn, mine came damaged, broken pit on left arm

if they don't send me replacements, it's hammer time

Last edited:
Firstly, I don't go by the in game graphics of Arthas. The definitive look for him and his official look to me is in the CG of WotLK. There his armor is more chrome like in appearance. While there may be a small hint of gold on a few parts, the trim is mostly chrome.

The trim as they have it now is more closer to the cinematic, but it's still to gold to me.

Btw, in response to Gagaliya about the sword, I was a taken aback a slight bit, because I too was thinking it would be metal. But when I think about it, while they could do the sword in metal, it would have pushed the statue to about $379 - $399. This statue was already expensive enough as is.

Lastly, even though the sword is plastic, it is still an incredible sculpt, and as such, it definitely stands out. Like I said in my review of SF, to truly be the centerpiece of any collection (and it should be, its that great!), this needs a good chrome or stark silver like paint up on the trim and other pieces of his armor where the skulls on the shoulderpads and kneepads are.

This is still the best 1/5 I think SS has ever done. But, NO STATUE IS PERFECT! Every statue ever made has flaws or inconsistencies I can identify.

Quoted for righteous truth!! :goodpost:

Make sure Frostmourne is pushed in all the way.

Appreciate the help but it wasn't just Frostmourne, nothing was lighting up. Turned out I just got some bad batteries. Switched the ones he came with out and it works beautifully.

I don't have a ton of high end stuff, just a handful of statues and HT figures but, this is easily the centerpiece of the collection. For now, at least.

Got my statue, and would love to enjoy it with all of you, but I can't get Arthas to go into the base. It's not even close. His cape hits that broken off shard of ice on the left side of the statue before the peg even hits the hole. Long time to wait for such epic disappointment. :(

Appreciate the help but it wasn't just Frostmourne, nothing was lighting up. Turned out I just got some bad batteries. Switched the ones he came with out and it works beautifully.

I don't have a ton of high end stuff, just a handful of statues and HT figures but, this is easily the centerpiece of the collection. For now, at least.

It's not just Frostmourne but it also needs to be fully in otherwise nothing lights up.
Think of it like kitchen under cabinet lightning. If one neon light dies the whole array doesn't light up.

Got my statue, and would love to enjoy it with all of you, but I can't get Arthas to go into the base. It's not even close. His cape hits that broken off shard of ice on the left side of the statue before the peg even hits the hole. Long time to wait for such epic disappointment. :(

I'm not sure I see what your issue is. Is the peg just not in the right place?

No, the cape is too close and hits the ice preventing the peg from aligning to the hole.

Got Arthas yesterday and he is fantastic! Quite Bad that on some pieces you can feel the plastic (sword and helmet). But its worth every dollar :) Took a while to get ihm on the base, you have to move the Cape a little bit because Base and cape come together on the left side. It seems very fragile but your power is not too much for the cape ;)

Last edited:
Got this baby today, it is gorgeous! Love the paint, and the sculpting details is top notch.

003sqh.jpg

great picture :hi5: can't wait for mine end of the month after a year of wait its finally here :yess:

It's not just Frostmourne but it also needs to be fully in otherwise nothing lights up.
Think of it like kitchen under cabinet lightning. If one neon light dies the whole array doesn't light up.

Ah, I see. I'll keep that in mind if a similar problem ever pops up in the future.

Getting charged for mine tomorrow. Should have it by Weds or Thurs of next week. These pics look so damn good. What an incredible looking sculpt. This has to be one of the finest statues I have ever seen SSC release. Can't wait to see what it looks like in hand.

Pretty good looking statue! I hope Sideshow sell out all 3000 statues soon and get to work on a light up Queen of Blades! Be nice too if they mark 1/5 dioramas of zerg units, terran units, and protoss units.

Back