SS Arthas WOW Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so now that you've seen my pics and you know how much I love him I'll allow myself 2 nitpicks.

First like you all know the cloak cut off is a bit weird but the statue is so busy that honestly I barely notice it.

Second I don't know if it's just me but the left pauldron is much bigger than the right one. it doesn't seem to go in the 'peg' but holds mostly by the magnet and resting on the shoulder.
Anyone else notice this?

I just opened up mine amazing sculpt... But there were a few breakages which is disappointing.

I see the cape not cutoff there, but then it hides the spikes underneath the cape as well, so hmm... not sure how I feel now lol. Either way I still love it.

I see the cape not cutoff there, but then it hides the spikes underneath the cape as well, so hmm... not sure how I feel now lol. Either way I still love it.

Yea, I really don't care either because its a very "busy" piece.

Should I paint the trim gold? I was thinking of painting the face the light purplish blue in some of the early pics too.

Should I paint the trim gold? I was thinking of painting the face the light purplish blue in some of the early pics too.
It already is gold though. The way it is now looks game accurate.

I'd love to see someone do a custom of Arthas without the helm.

I just opened up mine amazing sculpt... But there were a few breakages which is disappointing.

That's a shame, especially since the packaging on this piece is really top notch.

Really liking him. That cape is keeping me from purchasing though.

Don't let it. I agree about the cape but like I said the statue has so much presence you barely notice it. This guy is amazing.

Honestly I've looked at screen grab from the game and his face looks pretty black so I consider him accurate as is.

I'd have loved a switch out head with Arthas still only halfway corrupted.

The statue doesn't have gold trim. Look in this video of the ending of Wraith of the Lich King. His armor is trimmed in gold as is the DC Unlimited Arthas figure.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAIrj_Vqdfc[/ame]

The statue doesn't have gold trim. Look in this video of the ending of Wraith of the Lich King. His armor is trimmed in gold as is the DC Unlimited Arthas figure.
You're wrong, the statue does have gold trim. It's in every photo. What are you talking about?

This thing is going back to sideshow, one of the leg came cleanly broken off... And I really hate the fact they used cheap toy plastic for the main sword frostmourne, looks and feels cheap and destroys the whole appeal of the statue. Add insult to injury the sword isn't even very well made with uneven edges around like something you find in the 99cents bin at toys r us.

Wtf is wrong with sideshow if I wanted cheap plastic would gotten an action figure. Understand making the spikes plastic to prevent damage but should not have cheapened out on the main weapon. Barbarian was perfect and costed less why can't the same material be used for arthas.

What a joke for otherwise an awesome statue.

This thing is going back to sideshow, one of the leg came cleanly broken off... And I really hate the fact they used cheap toy plastic for the main sword frostmourne, looks and feels cheap and destroys the whole appeal of the statue. Add insult to injury the sword isn't even very well made with uneven edges around like something you find in the 99cents bin at toys r us.

Wtf is wrong with sideshow if I wanted cheap plastic would gotten an action figure. Understand making the spikes plastic to prevent damage but should not have cheapened out on the main weapon. Barbarian was perfect and costed less why can't the same material be used for arthas.

That's sad, such a great character and sculpt.

When Arthas was first teased a year ago I knew there's no way they can ship it safely to the collectors. This piece is just too fragile.

You can tell they put extra effort in packagings like corners foams and double boxing cardboard but it still came broken.

Good luck with replacements. Heck you can get a full refund and try to find a good one in LCS (because there's no exclusive)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAIrj_Vqdfc

I'm not sure what you're talking about, the statue has gold trim all over except on the helmet... :dunno

That's a shame on the breakage. Did you have a QC sticker on it because mine was REALLY well packaged.
I don't really agree with Frostmourne though I think the plastic looks nice and the lines on mine are very straight.

Okay, is there a trick to getting him to light up? He's on the base, sword in hand (yes, batteries are in) yet nothing happens when I push the button.

Amazing looking piece otherwise. Though, I do think the armor could be more silver.

The trim isn't gold. Look at comic con videos, there it is gold.

So, should I paint the trim gold? Would you guys have preferred the gold trim to add more color to the piece?

Okay, is there a trick to getting him to light up? He's on the base, sword in hand (yes, batteries are in) yet nothing happens when I push the button.

Amazing looking piece otherwise. Though, I do think the armor could be more silver.

Make sure Frostmourne is pushed in all the way.

Back