SS Arthas WOW Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to get one, but I first need to sell my Blood elf vs. Draenei diorama.

Anyone interested?? just pm me.

i think the open es also lets them be more loose with the final amounts instead of stopping at 1000, if there is alot of demand they go for 1500 or even 2000 production.

just wanted to ask what is the highest es number for a higher end ss statue?

The unspoken threshold for sideshow statues are around 1500-2000 ES. But since this doesnt have an ex vs reg edition, it may go as high as 2500.

On the flip side, those video game characters are not very popular and gamers rarely can afford those $300+ statues. Just look at this thread of all the people that said i have no idea wtf this is but because it looks cool i am ordering lol

Realistically, probably a 1500 ES, just guessing of course.

I ordered 2, this is too good not to have a backup in storage.

if you're in this for the investment aspect, then you're in the wrong hobby :dunno

Of course the hobby is not about the investment. But being able to recoup a portion of the cost of a statue or sometimes more when the time comes to sell is definately the icing on the hobby cake.

I think you guys are misunderstanding this. There WILL be an edition size, it's just sideshow is delaying to announce it nowdays. However a year later once this statue is sold out, it wont make any difference. It will be another soldout statue with a limited edition size of xxx.

Although i absolutely hate this ES TBD sideshow is doing nowdays, it's not THAT big a deal down the road. Now if they did ES: Limited Edition like on the stormtrooper pf then it makes the statue less desirable as it basically means there is no limit, they can make as many as they want for as long as they want.

I am not misunderstanding the edition size. I realize SS will eventually put an edition size on the statue. What they are waiting for is to see how many people order them because the vast majority of collectors / retailers will order these within a few days of release. In a few days, months or a year from now or whatever it ends up being of course the statue will be sold out, however, there is usually enough supply from collectors who sell for whatever reason and flippers that are now brave enough to buy the statue to more than fill any demand from the few collectors who come along several months or a year or 2 after the statue is released. Especially when Sideshow now KNOWS about how many statue they will need to make to meet demand because they are basically waiting to find out the demand before they decide how many to make.

In the past, the statues that end up being worth the most are the ones where Sideshow basically underestimated the demand and ended up putting an edition size of say 500 when there was really demand for 1000. Those days are over. For collectors who regularly watch the forum etc, we usually order when they come out. Even if you don't decide to sell for a while it always feels good to look on eBay and see you could get more money for it.

Again, obviously this hobby is not a sound investment but as I stated previously it is icing on the cake. If this type of thinking wasn't on the mind of many of the collectors of these products there would be no point in having them be LIMITED EDITION statues. People that collect stuff whether it is coins, comics or limited edition statues prefer items that are less common, or even rare.

Sideshow is effectively making their statues more common and less rare and this does have a negative impact on some collectors, myself included. Obviously Sideshow feels that this negative impact on some collectors is more than made up for by selling a number of statues that almost exactly meets the amount of demand. I don't know if in the end they gain a whole lot because less statues end up being bought by flippers and retailers are less likely to order because the risk of being able to sell after the fact is higher.

Last edited:
I ordered 2, this is too good not to have a backup in storage.

was thinking about ordering a second myself, worried the paint apps might not turn out great, if love the statue I would get a second one.

They need to get started on an illidan ASAP

I am not misunderstanding the edition size. I realize SS will eventually put an edition size on the statue. What they are waiting for is to see how many people order them because the vast majority of collectors / retailers will order these within a few days of release. In a few days, months or a year from now or whatever it ends up being of course the statue will be sold out, however, there is usually enough supply from collectors who sell for whatever reason and flippers that are now brave enough to buy the statue to more than fill any demand from the few collectors who come along several months or a year or 2 after the statue is released. Especially when Sideshow now KNOWS about how many statue they will need to make to meet demand because they are basically waiting to find out the demand before they decide how many to make.

In the past, the statues that end up being worth the most are the ones where Sideshow basically underestimated the demand and ended up putting an edition size of say 500 when there was really demand for 1000. Those days are over. For collectors who regularly watch the forum etc, we usually order when they come out. Even if you don't decide to sell for a while it always feels good to look on eBay and see you could get more money for it.

Again, obviously this hobby is not a sound investment but as I stated previously it is icing on the cake. If this type of thinking wasn't on the mind of many of the collectors of these products there would be no point in having them be LIMITED EDITION statues. People that collect stuff whether it is coins, comics or limited edition statues prefer items that are less common, or even rare.

Sideshow is effectively making their statues more common and less rare and this does have a negative impact on some collectors, myself included. Obviously Sideshow feels that this negative impact on some collectors is more than made up for by selling a number of statues that almost exactly meets the amount of demand. I don't know if in the end they gain a whole lot because less statues end up being bought by flippers and retailers are less likely to order because the risk of being able to sell after the fact is higher.

That's exactly correct, the underlying reason however is not to stop flippers or anything noble, it's purely profit. They simply sell more statues this way and will never make the mistake of putting a too low ES and be soldout quickly letting the flippers make a quick buck (although those patient flippers still make some money).

The plus side is we dont have to deal with the crazy preorder day madness or worry about missing the order if busy on that particular day. Remember the madness of clicking refresh for an hr while their website keeps going down?

The downside of course are those statues are more common and worth less.

All in all, it benefits the casual collectors as they get a chance to order the ex but hurt the flippers and hardcore collectors who are willing to sit there hitting the refresh button to order.

Look at the joker ex, it was very interesting. They put TBD, then had an "oh _____" moment when it hit 1000+ within a day and made a tactical decision to close the ES, basically sideshow was willing to LOSE MONEY to keep the edition size at around ~1000 which in turn protect their brand.

was thinking about ordering a second myself, worried the paint apps might not turn out great, if love the statue I would get a second one.

They need to get started on an illidan ASAP

I have faith in this one, both of blizzard's statues - tychus + barbarian are some of sideshow's BEST work. Besides can always return/exchange if there is an issue.

I ordered both from sideshow's website.

is anyone ordered him from Secret Compass Collectibles? I m ordering from them coz SS will save some price on shipping but will cost tOoo much on Customs

I like this TBD thing. It stops flippers ruining it for those who just like displaying statues.

:exactly::goodpost:

Stop worrying about ES, flipability profits and value and just collect what you like. If I like how badass Arthas looks, I dont care if they made 100 or 12,000. I don't see my statues as "investments" and it makes being in the hobby so much less stressful. Im also a HUGE fan of the NRDs. I absolutely HATED Friday Priority-Preorders, things selling out in 2 minutes and then half being cancelled 2 weeks before shipping. SS made some good calls in this arena.

Last edited:
I collected baseball and basketball cards to collect them and also it was really fun to try and get expensive inserts and rookie cards. When I collected comics, when the industry was going completely ____ing insane with new Image #1 comics every week and all those chrome covers flooding the scene in the early 90's, I bought a lot of them with hopes of the value increasing.

Collecting things of value is fun. Value adds a nice touch to the hobby. I would say it's definitely quite satisfying to admire a beautiful statue of yours and know that there aren't to many of them and it's rare. It's just nice.

Not as nice - you admire your statue but know there are thousands of them out there and anyone can get easily a hold of your statue if they want.

Me, save me lots money.

really? they seem to be jacking up the price lately. They had this for $350 with a $50 shipping! I offered them $250, basically 10% off with free shipping which is the normal price for non-ex PO, but this time they countered with $325, i just denied and bought from sideshowtoy instead.

Not as nice - you admire your statue but know there are thousands of them out there and anyone can get easily a hold of your statue if they want.

I could care less if thousands of them were out there.
If there were no super low quantities of these things then everyone could collect the characters they wanted without having to pay 4x retail on the secondary market.

I HAD a GG Babydoll on preorder since the first say it went up for sale. The diamond fiasco ordeal happened and my order got cancelled a couple of weeks before it was supposed to arrive at the retailer. At that point my only option was to pay $1,000 on ebay to some scumbag for a $200 statue that hadn't even technically released yet. I got lucky and won a spot in the Japanese BD Lotto.

Would have been nice before that happened knowing if I wanted a BD in my collection, or a Doom PF, that as long as I had a little $$, I could grab one.

So I completely disagree with you

I'm all about the mystery ES. Hopefully they are taking as many orders as they can and basing the ES off of that. Works for me.

Hm this is tempting. I've been following WarCraft since the release of the second but stopped at WoW (I already have too many hobbies to be suckered into another, especially one that is very time consuming). But I need to save up just in case they announce Tyrael, Zeratul, or Kerrigan. What are the chances of finding this on ebay for less now that larger ES are common? Or maybe it'll become as unaffordable as the barb and tychus.... Ugh I can afford it but just barely.

If your a big Warcraft fan and can afford it, preorder and save yourself the worry. He looks awesome.

I collected baseball and basketball cards to collect them and also it was really fun to try and get expensive inserts and rookie cards. When I collected comics, when the industry was going completely ____ing insane with new Image #1 comics every week and all those chrome covers flooding the scene in the early 90's, I bought a lot of them with hopes of the value increasing.

Collecting things of value is fun. Value adds a nice touch to the hobby. I would say it's definitely quite satisfying to admire a beautiful statue of yours and know that there aren't to many of them and it's rare. It's just nice.

cards aren't worth ____ unless you have the big names

For a second I actually thought there was a light-up feature when I saw the last picture... :slap :eek:

But I'm actually glad it doesn't since there could've been a chance that it would hinder rather than compliment the piece.

really? they seem to be jacking up the price lately. They had this for $350 with a $50 shipping! I offered them $250, basically 10% off with free shipping which is the normal price for non-ex PO, but this time they countered with $325, i just denied and bought from sideshowtoy instead.

I do save a lot with them because the ca tax is killing me.

Back