SS Arthas WOW Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The shipping cost to Russia is 264$ for EMS. O-M-G! :thud::gah:
Does it really SOOOO big and heavy, guys?!?!? I've got my Alien 1 Maquette shipped from USA for 180$ previous summer and this thing is HUGE. Now I just don't know if I should get it, that's one insane shipping cost.

Does it really SOOOO big and heavy, guys?!?!? I've got my Alien 1 Maquette shipped from USA for 180$ previous summer and this thing is HUGE. Now I just don't know if I should get it, that's one insane shipping cost.

He is a pretty heavy sucker.

uhm... can't you get him locally? It's not an exclusive

buy it direct from sideshow shipping for me was about 100$ problem is is they have it in two brown shipper boxes, with the second much larger with more protection.

jesus ****ing christ, setting this thing up is like trying to disarm a chinese spike trap. There is no place to put your hand with spikes everywhere and they just have to add the damn light up features, more pain in the *** to test. It's a miracle i got everything installed without breaking a spike

jesus ****ing christ, setting this thing up is like trying to disarm a chinese spike trap. There is no place to put your hand with spikes everywhere and they just have to add the damn light up features, more pain in the *** to test. It's a miracle i got everything installed without breaking a spike

Yeah. I returned mine because of this. I wasn't about to F with the cape and the ice shard. Pulling on the cape and trying to bend it to get him on the base. What were they thinking? All they had to do was flair the cape out a bit or do something with the ice shard so they aren't in each others way.

Yeah. I returned mine because of this. I wasn't about to F with the cape and the ice shard. Pulling on the cape and trying to bend it to get him on the base. What were they thinking? All they had to do was flair the cape out a bit or do something with the ice shard so they aren't in each others way.

it does look really nice if you manage to set it up without breaking something though, it has a presence to it. But god help you if need to move or sell it later on, 99.99% guaranteed breakage.

arthas1.jpg

it does look really nice if you manage to set it up without breaking something though, it has a presence to it. But god help you if need to move or sell it later on, 99.99% guaranteed breakage.

arthas1.jpg

Without question, this is an AWESOME looking statue. I liked it so much that I bought it only because it looks so bad @ss. I know nothing about the character but he looked so good I didn't hesitate to buy him. Ultimately, that is also why I returned him when I couldn't get him on the base without the risk of breaking him. If he would have been simple to put on the base, he'd still be in my collection.

Wait a minuteyou returned your statue for what exactly? Seems like a very minor reason to return a perfectly good statue.

Wait a minuteyou returned your statue for what exactly? Seems like a very minor reason to return a perfectly good statue.

Hardly a minor reason. He wouldn't fit on the base. I would have had to pull on his cape to even attempt to put him on the base. What happens if it breaks? At the very least, the paint on his cape would rub/scrape against the ice shard on the base and damage the statue. This is an obvious production defect. Why should I pay $400 and run the risk of damaging a statue just so I can fit him on the base? SSC let me return the piece with no problems.

Can anyone confirm if the new batch of statues are coming in with the cape/shoulder pad issue resolved?

Shot almost 50 photos of this today and it's fine and dandy as far as I can tell, though they didn't yet fix the shoulder/cape issue and I'm guessing if they haven't now, they won't.

That said, this is - in fact - one of the most down right gorgeous and truly fine statues I've seen come from Sideshow - the piece is HEAVY and massive and awesome and even my wife, who's not often impressed by collectibles, commented on how detailed it is.

A few photos online HERE.

A few here...

DSC_00951.JPG

DSC_00684.JPG

DSC_00376.JPG

DSC_00409.JPG

DSC_00419.JPG

It's seriously an impressive piece - well made, durable, and very cool light up feature.

If anyone is interested in it, LMK. Selling HERE for $325 dlvd, which is the lowest you'll find this shipped.

Back