SS Arthas WOW Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope it doesn't look like that finished in the video, there is like no paint work, its all black with some grey lines... There is no frost on the armor, its looks like someone blotted the entire statue with charcoal and painted a few grey lines.

Last edited:
Looks fine to me, everything that needed some silver (hair, boots) is there, and there is intricate details in the armor and shoulder pads. Not sure what you're expecting from a character that wears primarily black.

That fact that he is mostly black doesn't bother me, I'm starting to think that video isn't a final product, the studs on his armor aren't even grey the boots don't look frosty enough like the website photos and the black just looks rough to me, I'm not sold till I see in hand photos, had high hopes for this statue but I don't see it yet.

Edit: That video I guess is the new design, since pre-order went up till now haven't looked at website photos but the paintwork is obviously different from all the photos in the light up function photo which looks more like the video one, but I thought Arthas's armor is silver, and in the video game looks like he does have gold lining and at the end of the cinematic when he looks over the valley of undead you can see some gold lining and def silver armor haha so many different versions, any experts have knowledge on all this?

Last edited:
That fact that he is mostly black doesn't bother me, I'm starting to think that video isn't a final product, the studs on his armor aren't even grey the boots don't look frosty enough like the website photos and the black just looks rough to me, I'm not sold till I see in hand photos, had high hopes for this statue but I don't see it yet.

Edit: That video I guess is the new design, since pre-order went up till now haven't looked at website photos but the paintwork is obviously different from all the photos in the light up function photo which looks more like the video one, but I thought Arthas's armor is silver, and in the video game looks like he does have gold lining and at the end of the cinematic when he looks over the valley of undead you can see some gold lining and def silver armor haha so many different versions, any experts have knowledge on all this?
In the game, Arthas has always had dark metallic grey armour with dull gold trimming.

In the video, I think the dullness of the gold is causing people to mistake it for silver. The matte black with silver dry-brushing must be Sideshow's solution to achieving an ancient armour look. It's a tried and true method for Warhammer miniatures but on a 1:5 scale statue, looks sloppy.

Judging by Sideshow's latest gallery photo, the matte black looks slightly greyish and might have a hint of metallic paint mixed in. It's hard to tell. It could just be the lighting. Whatever the case, there's definitely something creating a contrast between the black cape and armour.

Last edited:
Yeah the video looks very dull but it's just one video so I don't want to freak out. I'm just suddenly very anxious.

yeah i have that one, the bronze orc wolfrider statue, the diablo diorama, the kerrigan bust and the diablo treasure goblin statue

Do you have pics of these? I'd love to see them.

yeah i have that one, the bronze orc wolfrider statue, the diablo diorama, the kerrigan bust and the diablo treasure goblin statue

Tychus Findlay?

I'm looking forward to putting this guy next to Tychus (StarCraft), Diablo 3 Overthrown (Diablo), and then Arthas (WarCraft 3 and World of WarCraft).

My favorite video games ever, StarCraft Broodwars, Diablo 2, WarCraft 3: Reign of Chaos, and the original World of WarCraft. I know Tychus is in SC2 but he's just a marine, the Barbarian is the same one from Diablo 2 but older, and Arthas is in both games.

I sold my WOW Diorama because I didn't like it that much and never got the bronze wolf rider for the same reason.

Regarding that video, that has to be some unfinished piece. If you look closely, the face looks unpainted and he's missing the little skull piece on his left pauldron.

I got a UPS notice last night but I'm not sure if it's for him or the Witch King... :panic:

Yep, just called to make my final payment now and the lady said it should leave their warehouse in 3-5 business days.

Back