1/6 Spider-Man: Far From Home - 1/6th scale Spider-Man (Homemade Suit Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I passed on this suit before but I'll probably order it this time around. I'm not overly enthusiastic about those pixilated effects, but the drone is a must have. Between FFH and the video game versions, I'm pretty much all-in at this point for the PPP (Peter Parker Protocol) suits.

Hopefully we also get that Mysterio. It would be beyond cruel to tease us like that at this point & not release it. So SOP for HT. :lol

Super excited to see Mysterio!! Not so much on yet ANOTHER reissue. Hot Toys needs to cut this crap out.
They are so de-valuing their already heavy priced product. Ugh.

And yeah, this base SHOULD have been with the Upgraded Suit.
Anyone who says "smart move" by Hot Toys is delusional. They are just being a-holes with stuff like that.
These are well over $200 figures now, give us the appropriate accessories with the correct figure.

De-valuing? This is not investment stuff. Just collectibles toys. If company see gap on market (this selling for absurd money on eBay), they will fill it and take the money. Simple as that.

Folks - please don't buy this. When you support the purchase of rehashed items like this, you encourage Hot Toys to make figures such as this as opposed to what is really wanted (Mysterio). Their sale number then tell them that "people want Spider-Man figures" which we DO, but not like this. C'mon now.

The tailoring on this suit seems to be improved over the original

spider-man-homemade-suit-version_marvel_gallery_5c4d5379d18f1.jpg

IMG_1175.JPG

I doubt the tailoring is much different, and quite honestly the first release was pretty great, as far as that goes.

They should have done a Homemade Suit "Battle Damaged" version and marketed it under the Homecoming banner if
they were going to do anything at all more with it. The suit was barely even in Far From Home, lol.

yea...because people should just continue to pay resale prices if they really want to add it to their collection.....

This is a never ending debate, so just like standard American politics, people will come down on both sides
of the argument every time. I missed plenty of figures over time and "oh well, too bad... so sad" is how I look at it.
I have never begged Hot Toys to re-issue anything, because I missed it. If I want it, I will pony up the secondary market
money to get it. 'Nuff said.

They should not be taking up factory time and resources to keep re-hashing the same damn figures.
Where does that crap end? With a warehouse full of pieces that no one wants to buy and the company
tanking because of it? These figures have a HUGE pre-order window as it is, if anything they should be
taking a step back with production numbers instead of increasing them and re-issuing everything.

These are a niche collectible to begin with. They don't need to be mass marketed to death.
Much like any collectible, there is an investment component. High-End collectibles are their own beast
and 75-80% of them are limited runs as it is. Hot Toys will never put numbers on their products, I think we
can all agree on that. But each figure should be one run and done. Move on to the next NEW thing.
Battle damaged variants can work, though Hot Toys doesn't seem to like dirtying their figures
out of the gate very much, lol.

Again, everyone has their opinion. The world we live in, yada yada.
But having something in your collection that is "expensive, special and limited" is part of the fun of it.

Last edited:
I doubt the tailoring is much different, and quite honestly the first release was pretty great, as far as that goes.

They should have done a Homemade Suit "Battle Damaged" version and marketed it under the Homecoming banner if
they were going to do anything at all more with it. The suit was barely even in Far From Home, lol.

I'm just judging by the photos, the original def looks a lot more "baggy" than this new one.

I need to re-watch the movie, because I don't remember the homemade suit being in the movie at all.

I'm just judging by the photos, the original def looks a lot more "baggy" than the this new one.

I need to re-watch the movie, because I don't remember the homemade suit being in the movie at all.

It only showed up in Mysterio's nightmare sequence, when he said that Peter was just a scared kid in a costume.
All of two minutes of screen time.

Just like the SE Cap, you're buying this for the accessories and not the figure. That drone is pretty awesome, but I'd rather get it on ebay or whatever than buy the whole set.

I don't see it de-valuing the original, initially it will bring the prices down the same way the Movie Promo version of the tech suit did. After that sold out right away the original shot up in price. The issue with a re-release is if you decided to go ahead and pay a little more for a figure in the after market and a week later they re-release it. The original release has the Tom Holland head sculpt going for it as well.

If you need "expensive, special and limited" figures so you can validate your collection and puff your chest out, I don't know what to tell you.

De-valuing the original be damned, haha, don't bother me none. There can be a million of these sitting on retailers shelves after others collectors and myself make the purchase for all I care, I'd just like to have this suit in on my shelf at a retail price or thereabouts. I mentioned in a previous post why I passed on the original suit, but I'm glad that I will be able to circle back and pick this one up. Collectors get into the game late, just stumbled across HTs, don't pre-order for whatever reason at the time, buy it then sell it on, etc. What difference does it make if Hot Toys re-release a figure? If some folks have it in their collection at the time of re-release, great. They can opt to sit the re-release out and I'm pretty sure there will be plenty folks to pick up the slack. They are in the business to make a profit I assume and if there is demand for a figure that has long since sold out, what's the harm? I'm all in it for having particular figures and the sense of exclusivity, but not at the expense of having something that others can get at a decent price and join in the enjoyment of having a great figure as well. I don't see the fun in the "chase" of these figures by paying out the nose just to say that I was able to track it down. That's nonsense.

I might bite on this release. Homemade suit is one of the best figures for posing. I really like the pics of him on top of the drone. Would look really good on a shelf

I might bite on this release. Homemade suit is one of the best figures for posing. I really like the pics of him on top of the drone. Would look really good on a shelf
Totally agree tho Im torn between this or the stealth suit. I do prefer the look of the stealth suit but I rather have the drone than the molten man base. But the stealth suit does not fight with the drone in the movie... Sigh why hot toys!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Im glad for this release, I already had to many pre orders coming when this was originally announce and it sold out before I could budget for it.
I am more in favor for these Hot toy re release, then supporting scalpers.
We create this demand , not Hot toys, when they see ppl buying their figures from other sellers at such a high markup, what message are we sending them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back