1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse - Spider Man 2099 Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fabric > Jointed

I don't see what other way they can go about doing this. If I wanted a fully jointed 2099, I would just pick up the SHFiguarts figure. It goes with their other jointed Spider-Verse figures and is consistent with that line.

Hot Toys went with fabric on both Miles and Gwen. I'm just not displaying this guy with both of them if he was a fully jointed 1/6 figure. Having fabric better matches the seamless look that he had in the movie and the figure doesn't look as cheap.

h63BYrx.png

hH5Dwpj.jpg
Where is the first picture from?

But this shouldn't look like any other Spider-man suit right? I get what you're saying but I also feel like this is why it looks off.

The previous version looked closer to me but didn't feel in line with what Hot Toys does as a company. This new version feels closer to what we should expect in theory, but I don't think it visually works as well.

I honestly don't like either version, they both look odd to me
Glad to see I'm not the only one not feeling this. The original version may have looked like an overgrown toy, but was at least kinda impressive to look at and better captured the angular animated style of the movie. And I'm sure could be put in some much more extreme poses as well.

Now he just looks all smooth and shapeless and has this weird distracting pattern all over. He may fit a lot better with the other Spiderverse figures, but would be a pretty boring figure in hand I imagine.

As I said before, Hot Toys isn't coming out unscathed with either choice. I understand the pros for each version but you also get cons. Beside Miles and Gwen, the 1st version just looks very out of place.

Hot-Toys-Across-The-Spider-Verse-Miles-Morales-005.jpg

But with the new one, the body doesn't have the same definition.

Hot Toys could have avoided this problem if they initially went with the fabric version. Nobody would know any better or what the alternative might have been.

Hot Toys hot take: None of their fabric Spider-verse figures look good. They don't capture the stylized look of the characters as well as the nude 20.99 body does. But I'm also not willing to pay what they want for that nude figure. And the effort they put into this revision looks minimal. They literally just threw a fabric suit on it, so now it looks chunky, because they didn't originally intend for that body to have fabric on it.

Hot Toys hot take: None of their fabric Spider-verse figures look good. They don't capture the stylized look of the characters as well as the nude 20.99 body does. But I'm also not willing to pay what they want for that nude figure. And the effort they put into this revision looks minimal. They literally just threw a fabric suit on it, so now it looks chunky, because they didn't originally intend for that body to have fabric on it.
So basically they can’t win?

I love how he looks thicc now. Wasn't interested at all in the overgrown SHF but now I'm definitely adding this to cart! :love: I hope they update the Miguel HS too!
The comparison is like macaroni & hot dogs VS steak & potatoes lol
spidey2099.jpg

Last edited:
PO'd this even though I preferred the OG one. 2099's entrance has to be the one of the coolest superhero entrances I've seen from any superhero movie. When I saw him filling up the cinemascreen, and with that score....
So good. So much violence, speed and momentum.

Glad HT keeps the halfcape, a long cape doesn't look right.

Actually in my opinion Mondo isn't bad at all I guess whatever floats your boat, considering their whole team is like four people. I enjoy them anyway. But this thing compared to the Masters of the Universe by Mondo not even close.

Back