Slave Leia VS Jabba the Hutt Diorama - NL PREORDER 1/14

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jabbavsleiadio6.jpg

I like the paint overall, although I'm not sure about the very wide pupils. It's probably accurate but makes him look a little strange.

Awesome...As opposed to you, I think the pupils and soon-to-pass-out-eyes are what I like about this.Great paint.Really nice.

The chain looks really loose for something that is supposedly choking Jabba to death :lol

And why doesn't anyone seem to be able to paint Jabba the orange and green he was in the film?

And why doesn't anyone seem to be able to paint Jabba the orange and green he was in the film?
This has been something of a mystery to me, too. I have every Jabba statue and figure and I can count on one hand the number that use an orange and green color scheme. Most either make him almost entirely green, or tan and green. While I'm not one of the people who blame Lucasfilm for everything, this is systematic enough that I think they must have an official color scheme for Jabba that they have licensees use. I don't think it's a coincidence that the CGI Jabbas from the prequels follow this tan and green color scheme.

That said, this version is a lot closer than most -- I see some orange there and I'm sure if we could see the rest of the body we'd see it fading to green. Unfortunately I don't really expect it to look so good on the actual production piece.

This dio and the Mola Ram PF have me really excited for placing my pre-orders...

This should be available for preorder in a couple of hours. I'm hoping for an exclusive of some kind, since if they make a faux bronze version I'd probably feel the need to get it. ;)

Back