Sideshow Bith 'Modal Nodes' Cantina Band

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6th Creature Cantina band

If anyone wants to compare it to the original, here's a photo I took as a kid in 1978 at Rick Baker's house, when my family visited CA, of one of the original masks used in the film:

cantina-band.jpg

Sean

Great picture!!!

I wouldn't say nothing like the original, it's not dead on, but without a few reference pics and studying it I don't think many people will be able to tell the difference.

Good point.

When I saw the Sideshow preview pic I thought it looked spot-on, it's only when you compare them side by side you notice the difference.

If I recall correctly the Endor trio were sold individually and as a bundle with a slight discount. Hopefully they do these the same way. I hope they do like Habro and have all the instruments with them so if you buy two sets you can have the whole band.

If I recall correctly the Endor trio were sold individually and as a bundle with a slight discount. Hopefully they do these the same way. I hope they do like Habro and have all the instruments with them so if you buy two sets you can have the whole band.

No discount, just discounted shipping and a gift card.

Ah, too bad. Those gift cards are damn near useless. Hopefully they'll do free shipping or a nice little discount or something. I'd even spring for double rewards points, and that wouldn't cost them much.

After looking at Hasbro one, Sideshow pics and the Baker ref pic side by side, Hasbro head is closer to the original mask especially around the mouth, and has the bit more bulbous head - but the sideshow one may have been based off a slightly different mask (not sure if all members are exact same mask or have some slight variations.)

I am pretty certain all the original Cantina band masks used in the film came from the same mold.

Sean

No discounted shipping and a giftcard. Just sell the whole band for $200,- and I think most people will buy them :D

The price will be the deciding factor on this for me, 1 band members seems useless, its all or nothing, so unless SS does something for multiples Ill probably pass for now

One of the things that I found funny. In sw, they look very real. In tpm the masks just sucked. You would have thought with the newer technology, they would have looked better. Just proof posiitive old ways are better.

I can only see three in the pic. Where are the other two?

You can make out the head of one, Doikk(or whomever is on the omni box, I used to pride myself at remembering who's who) sitting down and you can see the instrument of the fifth.

If I had any computer skills, I'd circle them.

Back