Showtime- Twin Peaks (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Entertainment Weekly Cover Story

mYoDpu5.jpg

000251621hr.jpg

000251630hr.jpg

000251620hr.jpg

000251624hr.jpg

My beloved Twin Peaks cast.....they all expanded and melted.

Father time is a real *****.

Lynch is the oldest one and he looks the best out of all of them. He's full of secrets.

Some aged far better than others But those covers! They all have a murderous look and Fenn looks bat-**** crazy. :rotfl

jVGFbuF.jpg

https://variety.com/2017/tv/features/twin-peaks-revival-david-lynch-showtime-1202419020/

The mystery of the first two seasons of “Twin Peaks” was, famously, “Who killed Laura Palmer?” The mystery of the reboot is nearly everything. None of the 18 episodes will be released in advance to critics, and very few details have leaked out.

Nevins lets it slip that Lynch’s character, the hearing-impaired FBI Regional Bureau Chief Gordon Cole, is “pretty prominent” in the new season. “I probably said too much,” he adds.

For those expecting a similar structure to the original, which revolved around Laura’s death, Mark Frost issues a warning: “It’s going to be very different this time around.”

The scope of the reboot is greater, says Nevins, adding that the new installments of the drama reflect Lynch’s advancement as an artist. “I think he’s evolved to an even more extreme version of himself, but all of the Lynch themes are visible,” Nevins says.

Given the wider scope, it’s not surprising to hear that, though “Twin Peaks” returned to Washington for some filming, certain storylines in the new season take place outside the Pacific Northwest, and the bulk of the new season was shot in Southern California. “There are different threads in different parts of the U.S.” that eventually converge, Nevins says. “It does not go outside the U.S., but it is in multiple locations in the U.S.”

One last clue from Lynch: The film “Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me,” he says, is very important to understanding what’s coming May 21.

Hurry. Less than two weeks for a binge. Most of season 2 is very, very painful to sit through, but the finale makes up for it.

And don't forget the movie.

And "Missing Pieces" from the boxed set.

Hurry. Less than two weeks for a binge. Most of season 2 is very, very painful to sit through, but the finale makes up for it.

And don't forget the movie.

And "Missing Pieces" from the boxed set.

I'm still at S01E02. At this point I've been spoiled already, and it does show its age, so it's kinda difficult for me to press on, considering I have little free time. I'll try to catch up though.

Dammit.

We lost another Twin Peaks alum today. Micheal Parks. "Jean Renault." Of course I loved him in all the Tarantino stuff too...but I couldn't help but notice this is the latest in a string of TP related deaths since the renewal was announced. Spooky.

I'm still at S01E02. At this point I've been spoiled already, and it does show its age, so it's kinda difficult for me to press on, considering I have little free time. I'll try to catch up though.

Well, honestly the second season is mostly crap. Realllly bad. Lynch was busy with a movie and the quality went into the toilet.

If you wanna do a "speed run" I recommend just watching the episodes Lynch directed himself...I think there's about 9? The story won't make much sense, but then again....it doesn't make a whole lot of sense any way.

I remember watching the final episode when I was in junior high, the night it aired. Jesus. It's nightmare fuel. I can't believe they were allowed to play that on network television. When you see these ads saying "There would be no Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc without Twin Peaks" they're not exaggerating. Yes, a lot of it is dated but at the time this series was nothing short of revolutionary.

(David Lynch's episodes, that is.)

Well, honestly the second season is mostly crap. Realllly bad. Lynch was busy with a movie and the quality went into the toilet.

If you wanna do a "speed run" I recommend just watching the episodes Lynch directed himself...I think there's about 9? The story won't make much sense, but then again....it doesn't make a whole lot of sense any way.

I remember watching the final episode when I was in junior high, the night it aired. Jesus. It's nightmare fuel. I can't believe they were allowed to play that on network television. When you see these ads saying "There would be no Mad Men, Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad, etc without Twin Peaks" they're not exaggerating. Yes, a lot of it is dated but at the time this series was nothing short of revolutionary.

(David Lynch's episodes, that is.)

I'm at Ep.3 and it's growing on me. The wacky characters are damn entertaining. As for its impact, yeah, I've read about it.

I skipped the red episodes.

077bfbff24e1c460156af4c7383ca9e3.jpg

I doubt I'm gonna skip whole episodes, but I may fast-forward some. Thanks for the handy guide!

Personally I'd color the yellow ones red too, cause I'm not crazy about the bad guy during that arc. Ridiculous overacting. So cartoony.

IMO, season 2 suffered for only one reason (one root cause). ABC. The other stuff is all a result of network meddling and cancellation.

I don't however recommend skipping any episodes.

Back