Kaustic Plastik Twin Peaks

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Coop is home. Ok, there's no denying it, paint apps are lacking. Few things I noticed: standard base is super light, as well as the diorama base, which is almost made of a clamshell like materials, it's very shiny. But the final effect once Laura is in place, is on point, so I'm overall glad to have gone for the deluxe.

Tailoring is pretty good, definitely above average. Cooper's sculp is good, it's the paint app which is very basic, flat and a tad shiny. First experience with a magnetic stand. Don't like it at all, I find it limiting, and only few spots of the base have magnets. It messes up with the poses.

So, is it overpriced? Yes, catastrophically overpriced, like, at least 150€ more than this should cost. But it's the only non-custom Twin Peaks figure available, so I'll bite the bullet. Plus, local company, have to support them for their efforts.

Anyway, here are some crude pictures, didn't have the time to futz the figure or trying the different outfit and the other accessories (which are beatifully done).

IMG_8706.jpeg
IMG_8707.jpeg
IMG_8708.jpeg
IMG_8709.jpeg
IMG_8713.jpeg
IMG_8714.jpeg
IMG_8715.jpeg
IMG_8704.jpeg
IMG_8705.jpeg
IMG_8695.jpeg
IMG_8703.jpeg
IMG_8702.jpeg
IMG_8701.jpeg
IMG_8700.jpeg
IMG_8698.jpeg
IMG_8696.jpeg
IMG_8697.jpeg
IMG_8699.jpeg

The figure has some early SS aspects to it. The sculpt is better than an early SS sculpt, but it most definitely has the SS paint. Laura looks great, but she's suppose to be dead. I'm no fan of Twin Peaks, but this looks like a nice set to have if you're a fan.

Yeah super plasticky there. I will pull out the studio lights when he arrives (should be soon) and see what I can do. Really excited nonetheless for probably the only licensed 1/6 TP we will get.

Would a solid Matte coat on the hair and face help? I may have someone repaint eventually, as it is outside my skill level but adding matte is easy.
One of the few instances where the hair really was that glossy.

Attachments

• IMG_2353.jpeg
    IMG_2353.jpeg
    75 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2354.jpeg
    IMG_2354.jpeg
    111.7 KB · Views: 0
Looks like an old sideshow figure. The body accessory looks much better than the figure itself.

I just opened mine, and despite its flaws I really like it! Like my Sideshow Dirty Harry, it looks pretty bad in most photos but I'm surprised how much I like it in hand. It would've helped a lot if it was less glossy. Still, I'm really happy with it, and if anyone liked how it looked in the video reviews I think you'll be happy with it! I think the sculpt is great and stands out with some shadows on the face. I hope this sells enough for them to continue this line.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to say imo this looks like ****. It's almost plastic looking. I get being a Twin Peaks fan and this probably being the only figure of Coop brings excitement, but standards must be kept. For the price it's a big let down and almost a crime they released it with this paint job.

Yikes! Yeah, my first and immediate thought was how much it reminded me of old Sideshow figures from 20 years ago. Just a few notches above that quality, but in the same dated field of sculpt finishes. The paint job on the hair and hairline is just lazy and looks clay-like, which felt like a real throwback to that time. I noticed this on some other Kaustic figures where they seemed to try well enough with face paint apps, but let it slide on the hair. Don't know why when that's the easiest area of a sculpt to refine since it doesn't rely on a great deal of recognizable accuracy - sculptors and painters can take quite bait of artistic license with hair to elevate the design of the sculpt. Despite all of this, and in comparison, the Laura Palmer piece is amazing!

It's a little worrying because my only preorders for the next year are 3 Kaustic/Infinite figure sets.

Last edited:
I'm looking at mine in daylight now and bright light doesn't do it any favors lol, but overall mine looks exactly the way it looks in the video reviews, I think the photos enhance the paint in a way that makes it appear almost featureless, but the video shots in slightly dim lighting is how it looks like when I hold it. It really needs light from the side or above.

I wanted to take photos but these screenshots show it best, if you think it looks decent here I'd say you'll be happy with your purchase. :)
1.png
2.png

Last edited:
Paint apps are a little flat, but nothing too bad imo. I think he looks good for the most part.

I'm looking at mine in daylight now and bright light doesn't do it any favors lol, but overall mine looks exactly the way it looks in the video reviews, I think the photos enhance the paint in a way that makes it appear almost featureless, but the video shots in slightly dim lighting is how it looks like when I hold it. It really needs light from the side or above.

I wanted to take photos but these screenshots show it best, if you think it looks decent here I'd say you'll be happy with yo

I wanted to take photos but these screenshots show it best, if you think it looks decent here I'd say you'll be happy with your purchase. :)
I thought the sculpt looked quite good and to be honest even a little better than the promo pics showed, but the paint makes it look lifeless. Although the sculpt does feel like it's MacLachlan almost 5-10 years later, maybe closer to Showgirls era. LOL! The Laura Palmer accessory looks more "lifelike" for something that's really supposed to look dead.

View attachment 650379View attachment 650380
It honestly works for me. So I am very excited.

Kaustic Plasik just posted these images on IG claiming they are production samples. They are clearly not. I had to go have a look at my sculpt again, and those details are nowhere to be seen. That's a pretty shady thing to do.

361550081_667649978558352_8501288394177639071_n.jpg
361230578_235253825526182_2732915168845691738_n.jpg

Back