Showtime- Twin Peaks (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just rewatched the entire series in the blu ray box I bought last summer. It was awesome.

But....all this stuff that's come back after 20 some years....has any of it actually been GOOD?

Lynch hasn't made any full movie since 2006, he only does a few short films once in a while. He's a perfectionist who doesn't make anything half assed, so i truly believe he has ideas for Twin Peaks, or else he wouldn't have done it.

Me personally am glad i watched the 90 minute long Missing pieces from "Fire Walk with me" from the "The Entire Mystery" set, as well as the Novel released in october. Ties up loose ends well and sheds light on what the good and evil spirits are and where they come from, The Ring, the Portals/entrances to the "lodges" in the forest and how all this is linked together.

Really excited for this. One of my favorite shows ever, me and my dad watch the show about once a year together.

Fingers crossed.

kTZNUzW.jpg

Following the TV premiere, Showtime subscribers can watch the third and fourth hours of “Twin Peaks” on Showtime’s streaming service, Showtime Anytime, and Showtime On Demand. In the second week on TV, the third and fourth hours will air back-to-back on the network, starting at 9 p.m. One-hour episodes will air in subsequent weeks. There will be 18 hours.

“We’ve seen the whole thing,” Showtime president David Nevins said on Monday at the Television Critics Association winter press tour in Pasadena, California. “David Lynch is one of the great film masters of my lifetime. I think this is the pure heroin version of David Lynch and I’m excited to put it out.”

“The thing about Twin Peaks, and this new version of Twin Peaks, is it rewards close watching,” Nevins said. “It was an original social media discussion show before the tools of fan engagement really existed. That’s one reason why David is so particular about secrecy. It will really reward close watching and [piecing] things together over time.”

The executive also confirmed that despite his enthusiasm for the project the season is being planned as a limited series — so don’t expect a second season. “It’s designed to be a close-ended, one-time event,” he said.

Another thing not to expect: A trailer (at least, not a traditional one). “I don’t know whether we’re going to have a traditional trailer,” Nevins said. “You might start seeing some filmed pieces coming out but there definitely won’t be trailers that give away all the big plot points as is traditional in the movie business.”

Asked if the network actually gave Lynch “notes,” the executive said the process wasn’t exactly traditional either. “We talked,” he said. “I wouldn’t call it traditional notes. But we had deep discussions on the script and on the cuts. But it was David’s choice what to do and what not to do … the core of it is Agent Cooper’s odyssey back to Twin Peaks.”

Lynch, not surprisingly, served up episodes to the Showtime executives with donuts and coffee.

https://ew.com/tv/2017/01/09/twin-peaks-premiere-date/

Last edited:
There was a panel today with Lynch and several of the original cast.

It was a good day for peakers.

Now, a bad day for peakers. Miguel Ferrer, aka Albert Rosenfield, has died.

'Now you listen to me. While I will admit to a certain cynicism, the fact is that I am a naysayer and hatchetman in the fight against violence. I pride myself in taking a punch and I'll gladly take another because I choose to live my life in the company of Gandhi and King. My concerns are global. I reject absolutely revenge, aggression, and retaliation. The foundation of such a method... is love. I love you Sheriff Truman.'
– Albert Rosenfield

Godspeed, Albert.

I wonder if they have more planned? I would love to have a Leland. It could include brown hair and white hair variant heads. Midget and Giant would be awesome too!

Just finished reading the Secret History of Twin Peaks.

Not very much revealed, but some definitive answers about the fates of SOME of the characters were revealed.

Worth a read for hardcore fans.

I am about 2/3 through. Some of it has been fascinating but (not going to lie) some of it has been pure drudgery. :lol

Back