Showtime- Twin Peaks (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"HelllOOOOOOooo!"

Also, did anyone else notice that John Ennis of "Mr. Show" fame was the guy that got the first jackpot while Dougie/Coop was watching? Amounted to maybe one minute of screen time but I was happy to see him.

I'll admit I got goosebumps hearing that haunting theme again!

I've watched the first four episodes and I'm really digging the show so far. Wish Showtime would put all 18 episodes on demands as I would lock myself in my house, and binge watch the whole series. Picked up Mark Frost's The Secret History of Twin Peaks to kill the time until episode five.

"HelllOOOOOOooo!"

Also, did anyone else notice that John Ennis of "Mr. Show" fame was the guy that got the first jackpot while Dougie/Coop was watching? Amounted to maybe one minute of screen time but I was happy to see him.

I only noticed Eugene from the Walking Dead quick cameo.

I loved seeing Gordon and Albert together again!

Chrysta Bell's acting is a little weak, But she is sure nice to look at.

Wait, so how have they been airing the episodes? I caught 1 and 2 last Sunday and then episode 3 last night. Did episode 4 air last night too?

Each episode is an hour long. They aired episodes 1 & 2 together last Sunday (shown as two hours with credits played at the end of part 2). Same with 3 & 4 last night.

First 4 episodes have been available separately for stream and On Demand since last Sunday's premiere.

Starting next Sunday, they will air one new episode every Sunday, until the final two (17 & 18) which will be shown together.

After years and years with Lynch's movies, i didn't pay attention to a small detail that could be a major part in Lynch's weird world, until today.
Just watched one of Lynch's shortfilms "Lady Blue Shanghai". I haven't really thought about this before, but after watching this one i find it interesting that in most of his work you see the colour blue being linked to dream like scenarios.
-Remember when Gordon talked to Albert in episode 4 about "Code blue rose"?
-The name of this shortfilm "Lady Blue Shanghai" and a blue Rose in a blue purse i linked to a dream/imagination.
-The box in Mulholland Drive is blue and linked to the main character's imagination when she entered a whole new world.
On a side note, the dark creature you see in the cell next to Hastings in Twin Peaks resemble the dark creature that holds that blue box in Mulholland Drive. Hastings talks about his dream to his wife, and i don't think it's a coincedence that that creature is there when he does if Lynch's intention was to refer to Mulholland Drive.
-Blue Velvet
-In Fire Walk with me, there's this woman in a red dress with a blue rose. When Kiefer Sutherland mentions it, the other agent says he can't say anything about it. But he says the Red dress she wore, means drugs is involved. Many theories about ancient Native American tribes and their "Magic", but we know by now that Season 3 will involve Hawk's heritage(Native Americans) linked to Laura Palmer's death. Not saying Coop has been on drugs and his head "Went places", but with all this linked together, it makes you wonder.
Also,Cooper mentions that Teresa Banks' murder was one of Gordon's Blue Rose cases. Killed by Leland, possessed by Bob, again...same case as Hastings and his dream.

Now, going back to season 3. When Cooper is in "Space". What does Major Briggs say? Exactly, Blue Rose.

So where Lynch go from here should be interesting to see if this is the answer to how the show ends. If he decide to do the same as Mulholland Drive, Lost Highway, Lady Blue Shanghai or do something else. With all this put together, you can make your own theory, but if it wasn't for the Dougie/Coop switch that actually seemed real by the way the prostitute reacted, i would believe that Evil Coop was Coop all along, and that there is no second or third Coop. Just another Mulholland Drive/Lost Highway type of thing.

I think you are bang on. The blue rose I believe is a reference to the supernatural.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As my previous post suggest, my theory is a Portal where their mind travel between 2 worlds.
If The Red dress from Fire Walk with me does mean Drugs like the Agent says, you start to wonder about the red curtains in the Black Lodge, and actually the woman with no eyes in EP3 wears a red-like dress too, she drifts off in space and coop goes back down to enter the portal.
Also, the Blue Lady Shanghai film i watched today, she lived in a red room. With a blue rose in the middle of the room.
The curtains at Club Silencio in Mulholland Drive has red curtains like the Black Lodge, while the guy on stage says nothing is real. Only imagination.
The Dougie/Coop switch is the only thing that doesn't make sense with my theory.

I gotta say that dougie surrounds himself with some pretty ****** people. He's walking around like he's had a massive stroke and everyone just shrugs it off and goes back to doing their thing. Only a cop kinda realized how ****ed up he is and he doesn't even know him.

This Dougie nonsense has gone on far, far, far too long. I don't think Coop is gonna wake up til episode 18.

I like most of the other stuff, but man, there's so much going on I can barely keep track of it. And then the Dougie scenes just draaaaaaag on.

It's been 6 hours already. And I'm afraid to say I don't love it so far. I want to love it! But Lynch is not helping me.

This Dougie nonsense has gone on far, far, far too long. I don't think Coop is gonna wake up til episode 18.

I like most of the other stuff, but man, there's so much going on I can barely keep track of it. And then the Dougie scenes just draaaaaaag on.

It's been 6 hours already. And I'm afraid to say I don't love it so far. I want to love it! But Lynch is not helping me.

That's the way I feel. It just doesn't feel like Twin Peaks to me. I know Lynch has always done things differently, but this just doesn't seem like the same show. It's like another show with a few Twin Peaks characters mixed in.

Staring-Confused-Ron-Swanson.gif

Finally, an actual episode of Twin Peaks!

I'm sure longtime fans are with me when I say this was the best episode so far. THIS is what I had hoped we'd be seeing every week. The old cast and some new faces investigating a new mystery, and getting to the bottom of the Coop/Black Lodge thing.

So much fan service in this episode. It was great seeing the TP Sheriff's department putting the pieces together thanks to some clues from Fire Walk With Me. And at the same time, the FBI guys and Air Force investigators are all also on the trail.

I have a theory...this ep was the handiwork of Mark Frost. I read "Secret History" before the new show started, and it was pretty tedious at times, but it dropped a lot of little hints and clues about what to look for. I think everything tonight was Frost's work, along with that New York City building mystery box we haven't seen since the beginning.

Unfortunately, Lynch is the one overindulging. Like the aforementioned shot of a guy sweeping the floor for three minutes. I started to fast forward cause I was afraid it was gonna go on for the last 7 minutes of run time. The "Eraserhead"-like second episode seems like that's all Lynch too, as is....sigh.....Dougie.

I actually let out a groan when we switched to Vegas 30 minutes in. More Dougie. It's so damn tedious. And Naomi Watts is completely shrill and unlikable. I was hoping the little hitman would take her out. (She, Diane, Truman's wife...lots of terrible shrill women in this show...what is Lynch trying to say?)

As bad as the Dougie stuff is, at least we saw him leap into action and got to see the "arm" again. Good Coop is never coming back. It's so frustrating.

Also....what in the hell did Ashley Judd do to her face? Yikes.

Even though reading one reviewers interpretation kinda made sense, almost this entire episode was just one big what the **** moment. I hated it even though it kinda makes sense now.

Wow. That was the weirdeset hour of TV I have ever watched. If it makes sense, please explain it to me.

f59e107ba06ca75f9319bdf8c463526d.gif

That was the most Lynch thing that has ever Lynched.

Unfortunately, this pretty much cements my theory that by the end of this 18 hours very little is going to make sense and there will be more unexplained/throwaway scenes than Fargo/Mr Robot/Legion combined. "Amateurs," I can imagine Lynch saying.

If you're into "Eraserhead" and experimental/surrealism, this was probably a good episode for you. If you tuned in for sequential television, this was an exercise in futility. Too much Lynch; not enough Frost.

I can already picture the hipsters and art snobs saying this was "brilliant" and "you just don't get it." Well, I'll call a spade a spade: this was just utterly unnecessary overindulgence.

If Lynch wanted to make more art movies, he had every chance. Why come back to Twin Peaks after 25 years and then decide to NOT tell the story?

I enjoyed some of the sequences. I liked seeing The Nine Inch Nails. The black and white stuff was creepy as hell, especially with the sound editing. "Gotta light?" guy was terrifying, but not as scary as Bob. (Nice to see him even if it was just a still image.)

But overall I was just bored. And I don't like feeling bored by this. I waited so long for this. I want to love this. But I have to concede that it's just not very good. We're almost half way through too. I don't have high hopes for a satisfying conclusion.

My only consolation is that maybe the loose ends will be tied up in Mark Frost's follow up book that comes out after it's all over.

Back