Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
brutal enough. Cause the one who gets his spinal ripped off is still alife during the act. If I remember right!

One thing I couldn't quite figure out and I won't go into specifics so this will just be for those who have already seen the movie but why were there 3 shots from the Preds shoulder cannons and all had different results. 1 completely exploded the target, one immobilized but left the target conscious and the other shot in a similar location knocked down the target but still left him mobile? This was so different from the shots we've seen in P1 & P2 like the Ventura kill shot or the Poncho head shot. I guess they can control the shot or the power of the shot maybe?

Spoiler Spoiler:

One thing I couldn't quite figure out and I won't go into specifics so this will just be for those who have already seen the movie but why were there 3 shots from the Preds shoulder cannons and all had different results. 1 completely exploded the target, one immobilized but left the target conscious and the other shot in a similar location knocked down the target but still left him mobile? This was so different from the shots we've seen in P1 & P2 like the Ventura kill shot or the Poncho head shot. I guess they can control the shot or the power of the shot maybe?
I believe Stans had armour that he got (stolen) from Noland's place that took the direct blast.

Spoiler Spoiler:

That's another scene that threw me because it didn't seem that as bad-ass as Mr Black was he could get snuck up on like that even when cloaked.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Its a spoiler thread therefore you dont have to use spoiler tags.

But I dont completely understand. Classic was cloaking and Mr. Black didnt see him?

Spoiler Spoiler:

In script, Nolan was wearing some sort of animal skin that blocked the body heat. Dunno about the movie though. Havent seen.

As for theorizing, their cloaking was described as "its somehow able to bend light" in P2. Now that would have to be the visible spectrum of EM, maybe the UV aswell, but definitely not IR and presumably lower frequency EM waves. If IR was bent away from them too, they wouldnt be able to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back