Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For iPhone and iPod Touch

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/6ixdHFGROFo&hl=es_ES&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/6ixdHFGROFo&hl=es_ES&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Well, I hope you hate the movie then.
Character >>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Creature

Fact.

What's wrong with you people! Everyone's a BAD critic these days!

Why would the movie be a mistake if they focus on the Creature?
Creature from the Black Lagoon! It can be both...right...

Why does the movie have to be structured like the above?
Film is Art!

Don't you think that the the staff working on the film would have devoted there best time and thought about things before they began production on the picture?

I mean c,mon. I highly doubt that Robert Rodriguez takes any note of anything negative said on this forum about his picture, and why should he?

Who does he listen too, the fourteen year old back home from school articulating his opinion, or his own.

This all just seems like nonsense too me.

I don't think you can ever know if your film is going to work until its released and received by the public/fans. Steven Spielberg could tell anyone this! Sorry Steve.

But any filmmaker will tell you this. We all want to make the best picture. We all approach a project with the 'this is going to be the best film ever made' frame of mind, and most times it isn't bust some times it is.

I just don't think you can ever tell...

Well, that's just my opinion anyway....

(says the guy who has that super epic of all movies "Halloween III: Season of the Witch" as his avatar and sig :cuckoo:)

Dude...it's a Predator movie.

This isn't Shakespeare and it's not going to be next on the Oscar nominations...get over yourself.

Haha. At last someone noticed!:lol
Don't tell me you didn't like Halloween 3?!!?
It's a Classic. Classic what I'm not sure though.:lol
Classic ____ probably.!

For iPhone and iPod Touch

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/6ixdHFGROFo&hl=es_ES&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/6ixdHFGROFo&hl=es_ES&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Why do all these games insist on using Wolf? The designs from the new movie look cooler than that! Either way, pretty sweet :).

I havent read the script but it feels kinda odd the predators know who has done something bad. For instance, how the heck would they know about the serial killer/doctor when he's undetected amongst humans?
Makes them look like pervs watching us from the sky.

I havent read the script but it feels kinda odd the predators know who has done something bad. For instance, how the heck would they know about the serial killer/doctor when he's undetected amongst humans?
Makes them look like pervs watching us from the sky.

Actually makes some sense. Snipers in our army perform recon far more than they actually snipe. So if the preds are hunters, it's natural that they'd observe the nature and habits of their prey, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

Actually makes some sense. Snipers in our army perform recon far more than they actually snipe. So if the preds are hunters, it's natural that they'd observe the nature and habits of their prey, waiting for the perfect moment to strike.

Yeah I get the point, but the way its put it feels like the predators are watching every single human on Earth. The guy seems ordinary/average. How would they know he's a serial killer?
Ofcourse, maybe they just "happened" to notice it on a hunt, but what are the odds for that? Seems a tad far fetched.

I really cant think of another creative solution to it. Unless they got a "bad-guy-detector 2000."

They travel through space, having cloaking devices and hunt humans for sport. I'm guessing they could hook up some sort of device like I dunno a satellite and get our news broadcasts.:yess:

What's wrong with you people! Everyone's a BAD critic these days!

Why would the movie be a mistake if they focus on the Creature?
Creature from the Black Lagoon! It can be both...right...

Why does the movie have to be structured like the above?
Film is Art!

Don't you think that the the staff working on the film would have devoted there best time and thought about things before they began production on the picture?

I mean c,mon. I highly doubt that Robert Rodriguez takes any note of anything negative said on this forum about his picture, and why should he?

Who does he listen too, the fourteen year old back home from school articulating his opinion, or his own.

This all just seems like nonsense too me.

I don't think you can ever know if your film is going to work until its released and received by the public/fans. Steven Spielberg could tell anyone this! Sorry Steve.

But any filmmaker will tell you this. We all want to make the best picture. We all approach a project with the 'this is going to be the best film ever made' frame of mind, and most times it isn't bust some times it is.

I just don't think you can ever tell...

Well, that's just my opinion anyway....

Your opinion sucks.

If the audience has nothing to relate too, they WILL NOT CARE. Period. That's a fact. You can make a movie about ____ing Predators jumping through the trees and killing things for 90 minutes, but I can assure you, it would be the lamest thing ever put on film.

Sure, some movies we can get empathy from the creature, but we need a guide to get us to our destination.

You could argue that a film like Apocolypto had no english and bearly any talking in it.

But guess what, they were still HUMANS. We HUMANS connect to OTHER HUMANS.

We dont connect to Predators or Aliens.

And honestly, if all you want is a movie without humans, then you really missed the point of these movies. Because they're all about the human struggle with overcoming the impossible.

Last edited:
Your opinion sucks.

If the audience has nothing to relate too, they WILL NOT CARE. Period. That's a fact. You can make a movie about ____ing Predators jumping through the trees and killing things for 90 minutes, but I can assure you, it would be the lamest thing ever put on film.

Sure, some movies we can get empathy from the creature, but we need a guide to get us to our destination.

You could argue that a film like Apocolypto had no english and bearly any talking in it.

And honestly, if all you want is a movie with humans, then you really missed the point of these movies. Because they're all about the human struggle with overcoming the impossible.

Yep, what CP said.

Yeah I get the point, but the way its put it feels like the predators are watching every single human on Earth. The guy seems ordinary/average. How would they know he's a serial killer?
Ofcourse, maybe they just "happened" to notice it on a hunt, but what are the odds for that? Seems a tad far fetched.

I really cant think of another creative solution to it. Unless they got a "bad-guy-detector 2000."

Well, they check out all the "hot spots" in the world. They see someone who is well above thier expectations, and follow them. Lets say they follow Person A. Then person A dies next "mission". Well, he's out. Oh look at the guy who killed him, follow him.

They're Aliens. It's not that deep. They go to the places where violence is most abundent and hunt there. But they felt like changing their tune. They wanted to learn, so that another human being would never ever kill a Predator again. That's their whole goal.

Police do it all the time too. Right place, right time kinda thing, like maybe they're watching someone else and have their curiosity peaked by an oddball and switch the mark to him? :huh

Your opinion sucks.

And honestly, if all you want is a movie without humans, then you really missed the point of these movies. Because they're all about the human struggle with overcoming the impossible.

OK, first of all. My opinion does not suck. Why the hostility. Or can't you express yourself in any other way. How rude! Just because you don't agree, doesn't make it right for you to say that my opinion sucks. Why would you say that? That Hurts!

Second, I never said that I wanted a movie just about predators. I never said that I wanted a movie with no humans. So, NO, I haven't missed the point of those movies. If anything you've missed the point of my post.

I don't understand why it didn't read for you.

Look, even if I had said those thing that you made up, so what. It's just my opinion and it's as invalid as yours. If my opinion suck, so does your, is what I'm trying to say.

I think were coming from two different worlds. Kinda like my mother! https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/images/smilies/rotfl.gif:rotfl:rotfl

Well, they check out all the "hot spots" in the world. They see someone who is well above thier expectations, and follow them. Lets say they follow Person A. Then person A dies next "mission". Well, he's out. Oh look at the guy who killed him, follow him.

Police do it all the time too. Right place, right time kinda thing, like maybe they're watching someone else and have their curiosity peaked by an oddball and switch the mark to him? :huh

As I already mentioned in my last post, isnt this situation abit far fetched? They just follow an ordinary looking guy, like Dexter, and look at how he secretly kills?
I mean, I understand the situation, but its weird as hell. I understand them capturing a supahl33tkilla military guy and so forth, but a medical doctor who's a psycho?

Im not trying to bash the idea or anything, infact it looks somewhat original.. But if they make my childhood superhero a perv, that I wont forgive.
But its too early to say since the movie isnt even out.

those wrist computers dont play mp3s, but its internet capable too y'know:monkey3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back