Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol I agree with that guy's vid, it will be mediocre and I've been saying that all along about Brody, I don't care how smart he looks.

Yeah I agree. They've shouldve gone with John Cena. A fantastic actor.

Or some other Rasslin ****** bag right?

Yea... cause you know how I love wrestling movies... :dunno

after your temper tantrums in the new Elm Street thread, I am looking forward to how you react to the influx of people realising this movie is going to be the same money grabbing ploy as that and not some new age masterpiece. :wink1:

Cant wait to see you eat your own idiotic words. :D

(Hey, if you wanted to get nasty....

Plus, you liked that vile excuse of a remake...so I me, trusting your opinion....= Hell no. :D

"Now your getting nasty."

199.jpg

:lol

Hey, I'm not saying I'm not going to see this movie, I'm just saying it's going to be no better then the Elm Street reboot. Both were made to try and make money from a new generation of fans and anything else like plot and actors were an afterthought. That guy in the video has is right, it could still be fun, but given that the only good Predator movie was made 23 years ago, I highly doubt it's going to be anything more.

I think the fact they had to put out 20 differant 5 minute clips and all but give away the movie SM3 style speaks for itself.

I was going to post that exact picture...:lol

But I couldnt find it. Thanks! :D

I read the script. I know what it's about. I know what's in it. I know what happens. Aside from the horrid Dutch ending (which probably wont be in the movie) the film is fun. Good tension, good characters, whom you do care about, and Royce is pretty awesome. He's not Dutch 2. He's his own character.

And there isnt any lame love angle. :D

My feelings on the movie will be similar to my feelings on Terminator Salvation. Salvation was a way better movie than T3, but it in no way holds a candle to T1 and T2, or even registers in my mind as an official Terminator film.

Same with Predators. Likely to be a decent film and better than AVP/AVP-R, but not as good as P1 or P2.

Last edited:
I read the script. I know what it's about. I know what's in it. I know what happens. Aside from the horrid Dutch ending (which probably wont be in the movie) the film is fun. Good tension, good characters, whom you do care about, and Royce is pretty awesome. He's not Dutch 2. He's his own character.

And there isnt any lame love angle. :D
see, this actually makes me want to see this movie. at least Celtic is judging the movie on its merits.

all of you "DUH BRODY/GRACE SUX" dip____s got nothin' so far. like i'm gonna take that seriously. everyone is a seasoned pro casting director now. i bet you think holding a hammer makes you a carpenter too.

edit - i'm gonna agree with Alice and would like to see Randy Savage in this.

I mean, a ton of people have their "issues" with the script. But meh. It's silly silly stuff.

Watch for Edwin. He's awesome.

I like the casting of Brody. Not too fond of the "Small World", affirmative action vibe I'm getting from these "Cool Badasses." The racial diversity feels forced to me, unlike it did in P1. In P1 it just seemed like a team, and I didn't see any of the characters as "token" like I do with this cast. I don't know. I understand the premise, but it feels hokey and heavy handed to me. That's my biggest complaint.

It's not as bad. Read the script.

It's actually pretty refreshing, and right after the first encounter with the dogs, they do work together more. Except Royce. He's a loner...who comes around at the end. It works really well imo.

I started to read the script, but stopped. I imagine just like any "book to movie" a script would just make me enjoy it in my mind, but then not be too fond of how it's actually executed on screen.

In your opinion doesnt save you from ____. How so?

It had an original story...took it off world, has more then just Predators, has unique characters that dont rip off any previous characters from the other movies....cheap cash in my ass.

Obviously if the filmmakers dont live up to the script, then Predator is done. But I have faith. More faith then I did Re-ctum.

lol
Hey, CelticP. Haven't heard from you in a while. Seen the new Guardian Pred figure?

EDIT: Well, you have now :).

Last edited:
In your opinion doesnt save you from ____. How so?

It had an original story...took it off world, has more then just Predators, has unique characters that dont rip off any previous characters from the other movies....cheap cash in my ass.

Obviously if the filmmakers dont live up to the script, then Predator is done. But I have faith. More faith then I did Re-ctum.

Ok, U want a little more indepth deconstruction of the script?
The characters are like cardboard cutouts, 2 dimensional characters that would feel shallow and cliched in a video game. The dialogue is weak and lacks any spark. Weak badly written and juvenile. The plot is non existent. The whole premise feels like it was written around one single concept (a good one) but it has never been developed further.

Listen I read a lot of scripts in my profession, I have read two or three drafts of this, including the final shooting script. It is ____. We can hope for some cool effects and an action sequence or two. IMHO? ok?:thud:

Ok, U want a little more indepth deconstruction of the script?
The characters are like cardboard cutouts, 2 dimensional characters that would feel shallow and cliched in a video game. The dialogue is weak and lacks any spark. Weak badly written and juvenile. The plot is non existent. The whole premise feels like it was written around one single concept (a good one) but it has never been developed further.

Listen I read a lot of scripts in my profession, I have read two or three drafts of this, including the final shooting script. It is ____. We can hope for some cool effects and an action sequence or two. IMHO? ok?:thud:

(says the guy who has that super epic of all movies "Halloween III: Season of the Witch" as his avatar and sig :cuckoo:)

Dude...it's a Predator movie.

This isn't Shakespeare and it's not going to be next on the Oscar nominations...get over yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back