Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the new predators movie!

When is the proposed release date again? July 2010? Not much time to shoot / CG FX for new environment, Predators, etc. Sounds like a studio rush to match up against other "summer disposals"?

Funnily enough, Stan Winston himself did a creature which would make an ideal "Predator Beast" - the Kothoga from "The Relic". Have a quick google for it -an awesome creature, something half that good could make for a neat subplot.

Funnily enough, Stan Winston himself did a creature which would make an ideal "Predator Beast" - the Kothoga from "The Relic". Have a quick google for it -an awesome creature, something half that good could make for a neat subplot.

untitled-2.jpg

its defn going to have a look to the movie that is appealing to fans for them to like it, for some, that is more important than the story itself. I would think after seeing that biref seen in APR that it has to be a very humid, jungle atmosphere. I am sure there will be a wide variety of interesting creatures, King Kong kinda comes to mind, they did a great job with all the insects and other animals and such.

I think this planet needs to be:

Small
Climate with appropriate regions
Indigenous Creatures (Non-Pred Orientated)
Strong group who works well but has a lovable rogue who argues with leader, saves his ass in end ;) :lol
Band of THREE Preds only! (One leader = Super Pred)

that word keeps getting to me. :lol Super predator.
I think leaving just predators would be the best idea. We'll see though I guess. Maybe its just the idea of introducing all these new things.

that word keeps getting to me. :lol Super predator.
I think leaving just predators would be the best idea. We'll see though I guess. Maybe its just the idea of introducing all these new things.

They could solve that problem. Replace Super with Elder:rolleyes:

OK. slight issue I have with this. The guys around say the predator can jump massive heights and live in the trees because the predator isn't a high jump althete, but rather the predator planet is high gravity. So when he comes to earth, he moves with a moon jumping quality (sort of).

So when we transport Adrian Brody (lol) as the No. 1 commando. Is he going to crawl on the ground for 18 days till he gets used to it?

Stupid insight I know, and it does take away from the hollywood of it all, but It's an interesting gripe nonetheless.

OK. slight issue I have with this. The guys around say the predator can jump massive heights and live in the trees because the predator isn't a high jump althete, but rather the predator planet is high gravity. So when he comes to earth, he moves with a moon jumping quality (sort of).

So when we transport Adrian Brody (lol) as the No. 1 commando. Is he going to crawl on the ground for 18 days till he gets used to it?

Stupid insight I know, and it does take away from the hollywood of it all, but It's an interesting gripe nonetheless.

Anti-Grav Boots? :lol Paul W.S Anderson Answer

Just do me a favour and have proper lighting this time :)

Movie update. Thanks to Darkness.

"There's further news on Tim Ryan's Reel Hawaii which describes some of the scenes shot in Hawaii. They mention a scene where the characters are following a river, another scene with them discovering empty cages and wild dogs chasing after them.

Predators shot six days a week while here, some 22 days of the film’s total 53 days, which also is being done at producer Robert Martinez’s studio in Texas. All the five primary locations were on the Hilo side of the Big Island, including some Bishop Estate-Kamehameha Schools forest and jungle areas, a state road which had to be blocked for a scene at the Umauma River Bridge showing the cast walking along the river below, Kole Kole Beach Park, and the rocky ridge lookout at Waipio Valley off Highway 240…The Waipio Valley lookout scene was shot Oct. 26. That exterior shot follows the eight main characters approaching the rocky ridge from the adjacent jungle to get a view of “the alien plant.” Alice Braga who plays Isabelle tells the group in the scene that “the plan stays the same to follow river” towards the rocky ridge…In that scene Royce (Adrien Brody) definitively says the crew will go after the Berzerkers.

The production had one major location, which is privately owned — not the Kamehameha Schools location — on the mauka and makai side of the Highway 240. The Kole Kole Park location saw the eight-member cast following tracks in the jungle and first finding an empty cage with a parachute then some two-dozen other empty cages. It is during the chasing dogs scene that the group hears something crashing fast through jungle.

Stans (Walton Goggins, above) breaks down and demands a gun. Royce (Brody) tells the group “The sun hasn’t moved.” Then the group — knowing they’re in the “Hunting Dogs Area” according to the script — prepares weapons for “the imminent danger.” Suddenly, one member of the group sees nearby human forms.

They go on to say the Predator character wasn't used on the Big Island, neither was the wild dogs and instead requires CGI."

That doesn't sound god awful yet, I'm really hoping this turns out it could be a great time for fans if it does.

I thought this movie was supposed to be about Predators :confused::lol

Hell, the first one took half the movie before you even realized it wasn't human or even got to see it.

So, what's the difference?

I just hope it more about the Predators than the humans.

i have read rodriguezs script for this movie and all i can say is oh no. i can also confirm that ian whyte (who played all the preds in avp and wolf pred in avpr has not been signed up for this one either. which is a big mistake as the best thing from the two avp films was his portrayal of the preds!) adrian brody is confirmed in the lead role but aside from that i have heard no confirmation to other actors involved.

Hell, the first one took half the movie before you even realized it wasn't human or even got to see it.

So, what's the difference?

yeah, but that was when the Predator was more of a mystery. Now that we know a lot about Predators, I would like to see more screen time about how they live in their world, I get to see humans everyday, so theres no mystery there

yeah, but that was when the Predator was more of a mystery. Now that we know a lot about Predators, I would like to see more screen time about how they live in their world, I get to see humans everyday, so theres no mystery there

Well, this movie IS set on a Pred planet...so....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back