Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the new predators movie!

meh, probably no more than a rumour. Just like john connor being killed in T:salvation and having his skin put on marcus :rolleyes: I claim BS, pred dogs dont really fit in with the predator mythology of stealth hunting.

They'll look like those dobermans from Blade with the split mouth, except no hair and dreds!

They'll look like those dobermans from Blade with the split mouth, except no hair and dreds!

Yep thats pretty much what I was thinking of...

Blade 3 = Fail

ANY hybrid type thing is a definite no go. But like I said if its just an animal they use for tracking then I'm ok with it. It might even look cool, keep the figure possibilities in mind!!! Terminator Saliva wasn't too hot but still lots of awesome figs!

How funny...
A lot of people praise that Pred on a Horse POS...
yet, somehow Pred Dogs are wrong??... :dunno

Well that statue may look cool but I wouldn't nessacerily see it introduced in a movie, some things just don't translate well. The integrity of the oringinal concept is what I was expecting. I mean the predators themselves have always been extreme hunters in their own right using kickass technology... where do dogs and birds come in?

The home planet thing is a strech in itself and I won't say the actors are terrible but I do I think they are wrong for this franchise (maybe with the expection of trejo). I don't feel that they look the part, say what you want about Arnold's acting but he and his co-stars did look the part. I realize thats not everything but it at least starts there. I really want this movie to be great as we all do and I don't think any of us are being close minded but some of these ideas so far..... really left field. :confused:

I have no problem with a dog type animal being in there. I think it would be kinda neat to see a predator pulling down a giant dinosaur type thing.

How funny...
A lot of people praise that Pred on a Horse POS...
yet, somehow Pred Dogs are wrong??... :dunno

piece of ^^^^ ?. :monkey1
Thats a bit much , and yeah I do think its a great statue but I wouldn't want it in one of the films. Its a completely different idea to have it in a movie.

Less is more. Simplicity is Key.

Predog, SuperPredators, Flying Predators ? ? ?

OH MY GOD

as long as there aren't any xenomorphs in this movie, they can put all the dogs they want in it.
you people are already nitpicking a movie that doesn't exist yet. get a ^^^^ing grip.

I won't say the actors are terrible but I do I think they are wrong for this franchise (maybe with the expection of trejo). I don't feel that they look the part, say what you want about Arnold's acting but he and his co-stars did look the part. I realize thats not everything but it at least starts there.

Thats a fair point but if the cast so far was John Cena, The Rock and Xena everybody would be hitting the roof right? I suppose someones always gonna have a problem with these choices which brings me neatly to...

you people are already nitpicking a movie that doesn't exist yet. get a ^^^^ing grip.

100% right sir and I intend to stop now :D:D
Although i wasn't trying to nitpick, just trying to defend some of these choices because it doesnt exist yet. Nonetheless point taken!

Wild story. I am very skeptical.

If it's perfectly executed we could be in for a treat, but I highly doubt it.

Predator is my favorite film/character, I have every right to be critical.

Thats a fair point but if the cast so far was John Cena, The Rock and Xena everybody would be hitting the roof right? I suppose someones always gonna have a problem with these choices which brings me neatly to...

Well no, what I was trying to say is that it sounds rushed and perhaps these ideas don't seem well thought out as of yet. I would like to see a cast that is balenced instead of picking the direction of "good acting" talent or people "who suck acting but look the part", a happy medium kind of thing.

I don't think any of us mean to "nitpick", just expressing that aspects of this film's very earlier stages sound wrong, the same way some feel it sounds like something they look forward to. Everyones has their own oppinon...just sharing thoughts.

I'm just gonna wait and see how it turns out.
But whatever the Pred home world is like it's got to have it's own eco system with flora and fauna to match it. And seeing how the Preds have evolved it can't be the kindest of environments.
And lets face it when unarmed and out of our comfort zone it alters our place in the food chain, do you fancy taking on a bear, tiger, shark, alligator of wolf for that matter?
Who's to say that won't be the case here in this movie?

Really, lots of this will depend on design work too, their homeworld, various animals and even the costumes for the humans...if they all look cool we'll all be happier I think. As everyone has said its a wait and see deal...

meh, probably no more than a rumour. Just like john connor being killed in T:salvation and having his skin put on marcus :rolleyes: I claim BS, pred dogs dont really fit in with the predator mythology of stealth hunting.

The T:S rumor was true though, and it came this close to happening, but then McG changed the entire last 1/4th for some reason.

The T:S rumor was true though, and it came this close to happening, but then McG changed the entire last 1/4th for some reason.

I still say it would have been better if he hadn't!!!

I still say it would have been better if he hadn't!!!

It could have been an interesting twist; but I am glad he changed all that stupid "Angel" stuff, or whatever it was. Skynet wanting to protect humanity by turning them into cyborgs, FFS...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back