Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the new predators movie!

Their atmosphere is similar, in P2 I think the smog and heavier pollution was getting to him. From what I read somewhere the reason the Predator is so strong is their gravity is much higher on the planet so when they get here they are strong and can jump really high. The other thing is their planet is HOT because of the 2 suns like in AVP-R so how can humans fight on their planet that has higher gravity and is hotter.

Their atmosphere is similar, in P2 I think the smog and heavier pollution was getting to him. From what I read somewhere the reason the Predator is so strong is their gravity is much higher on the planet so when they get here they are strong and can jump really high. The other thing is their planet is HOT because of the 2 suns like in AVP-R so how can humans fight on their planet that has higher gravity and is hotter.
depends on which "somewhere" you read it.
Predator isn't like Star Trek/Wars where there's an officially sanctioned canonical universe.
so, really, unless something is expressly stated in P1 , this movie can do whatever it wants with the predator home world.
Predators doesn't recognize the sequels or spinoffs. none of the games. or comics/novels/fan fiction.

it's like a cross between a reboot and a sequel. think Superman Returns.

I say give us 7-8 foot tall Predators with different builds...hell, give us a short Predator and he could be a tween for all I care. Possibly have this clan capture some humans to bring them to another planet that they like to hunt on.
~~No "Super" Predtors - they are awesome enough.
~~No stupid Arnold cameos other than a mention of his name and/or squad from the first movie.
~~No stupid "love" stories need to be involved---unless they have Scarlett Johanssen getting naked.
~~Yes for cool death scenes.
~~Yes for cheesy, nonsense one-liners.
~~Yes for lots of dismemberment, impalements, decapitations, explosions---I want it ALL.
~~Yes to seeing the Predators hunting some other cool alien life forms before we get to the puny humans.

I'd watch 2 hours of Predators washing dishes, so I will see this movie.

I know it's quite a departure from Arnie, but I'm not disappointed by the choice, because he's a really good actor. And by choosing him it looks like they might have a good story to tell, as well as a great action extravaganza.

king_kong_adrien_brody_jack_driscol.jpg
arnie-predator.jpg

I know some people are going to hate it, but just think they might have picked John Cena

Here's the report if you don't want to go to the link

The latest installment of Predators, which is being executive-produced by Robert Rodriguez, casts Brody as a mercenary hired to fight monsters, something fans are having a hard time imagining given that Arnold Schwarznegger starred in the original 1987 Predator.

Schwarznegger he certainly isn't but Brody and his representatives actively pursued the role, according to reports.

Variety is reporting that Alice Braga, Danny Trejo, Walt Goggins, Oleg Taktarov, Mahershalalhashbaz Ali, and Louiz Ozawa will join Brody in the cast of the new film.

The movie will take place on a jungle planet on which a crew of Earth's worst criminals and killers are hunted down for sport.

It is also reported Topher Grace is in negotiations to star as the unassuming serial killer in the bunch.

The cast and crew are said to start filming in Hawaii soon with a planned release date for July 9, 2010.

I cant wait to see the trailer.

I hope stan winston now legacy effects are doing the costumes not ADI.

I hope the predators look just like part 1 and 2 not those bulky preds from AVP.

I have just noticed that Natrix posted most of this news before me, so before you get upset and start posting your quote to show you were first, I will acknowledge it. :D

Can't wait to see Ahnold's cameo!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/zUAB2jmS8Mo&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/zUAB2jmS8Mo&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I say give us 7-8 foot tall Predators with different builds...hell, give us a short Predator and he could be a tween for all I care. Possibly have this clan capture some humans to bring them to another planet that they like to hunt on.
~~No "Super" Predtors - they are awesome enough.
~~No stupid Arnold cameos other than a mention of his name and/or squad from the first movie.
~~No stupid "love" stories need to be involved---unless they have Scarlett Johanssen getting naked.
~~Yes for cool death scenes.
~~Yes for cheesy, nonsense one-liners.
~~Yes for lots of dismemberment, impalements, decapitations, explosions---I want it ALL.
~~Yes to seeing the Predators hunting some other cool alien life forms before we get to the puny humans.
Dude!! I love the way you are thinking here! Give us a shorty pred! haha.. no dumb super preds.. that is so lame

lollllllllllllllllll

by my count, Brody has been in several "action" movies.
and unlike Arnold, he can be taken seriously as an actor.

all good news to me.

Kong and Thin Red Line are all I can think of.

I don't need my action hero to act, just kick ass. And Arnold topped the chart there.

The latest installment of Predator, which is being executive-produced by Robert Rodriguez, casts Brody as a mercenary hired to fight monsters...

The movie will take place on a jungle planet on which a crew of Earth's worst criminals and killers are hunted down for sport.

It is also reported Topher Grace is in negotiations to star as the unassuming serial killer in the bunch.

This sounds putrid. :monkey4

Casting Brody does seem like a move that indicates it won't be just an action movie, but something special. Getting a bit more hopeful...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back