Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the new predators movie!

super predators ?. :monkey4
Sounds a bit stupid to me. I hate when they do things like this. Whats an elder then if there super predators ?.

The story that site was talking about kind of reminds me of the movie " The Condemned " with Steve Austin which is kind of another twist on a Japanese movie named " Battle Royale ". They basically invlove putting a load of peope on an island to fight to the death. Cool idea but to match all that with predators and adding all these new things in seems a bit dodgy to me.

This could go either way , I'm not going to get excited.

From reading different Predator websites, I thought the Predator Home world had a lot higher gravity than ours and a lot hotter. How could humans survive on their planet let alone fight.

Quick interview I found

MovieHole caught up with KNB's Howard Berger whose company are doing the special effects on Predators. He basically just says they're going to be faithful to Stan Winston's work in the original movies.

“I just saw some photos today and they look absolutely fantastic!”, says Berger, who got his start working with Stan Winston on films like “Predator” and “Aliens”. ‘’Greg [Nicotero] is supervising and masterminding that one. So we're in pre-production on [it] right now...

...we wanted to have the Predator look as it did in the original film. We went back and looked at the original. I actually worked in the shop with Stan Winston on the first film. It was great to be able to go back to the series having not been involved in any of the sequels, and it was also great to be able to make sure we built them as Stan Winston did... They look really fantastic. There's a whole bunch of cool [Predator's] in the film, and everyone's going to be very happy that we've been very faithful to the Stan Winston designs.

I thought all the movies were faithful to Stans designs. I will say that I always felt the first Predator had a very real look to it, like it could be a real creature. The AVP Preds did look more like guys in suits and masks but still the same design unless Im not seeing something.

That being said I am one of the few that doesnt totaly hate the AVP movies:eek:

Sounds a bit stupid to me. I hate when they do things like this. Whats an elder then if there super predators ?.

The story that site was talking about kind of reminds me of the movie " The Condemned " with Steve Austin which is kind of another twist on a Japanese movie named " Battle Royale ". They basically invlove putting a load of peope on an island to fight to the death. Cool idea but to match all that with predators and adding all these new things in seems a bit dodgy to me.

Im thinking they're like the Arnold Schwarzeneggers of the predator species. Elders are Elders theyre the old battle hardened soldiers so theyre still bad asses. and these "super predators are just the jacked up muscle predators. it might turn out lame but who knows.

and yea it does sound like those movies/book (battle royale was a book first i believe) but...its predators hunting...so i think it could be cool.

So arnold gonna have a cameo?

I thought all the movies were faithful to Stans designs. I will say that I always felt the first Predator had a very real look to it, like it could be a real creature. The AVP Preds did look more like guys in suits and masks but still the same design unless Im not seeing something.

That being said I am one of the few that doesnt totaly hate the AVP movies:eek:

gotta agree with you there, in terms of realism, it did in fact nail it

I have to be honest and say that when I first heard about this script way back in the 90s I thought it was a stupid idea. And I still do.

With todays tech this could be fantastic but still its a big task. The predator homeworld !?.
Probably for 95% of the movie too. I like the idea of realism behind these movies , like at the end of the first predator , Billy cracks up and attempts to face the predator and people start loosing control and acting a little nuts.
If these people are taken into space and thrown into a jungle fighting aliens and don't crack up a little I wont be able to take it seriously and for some reason I can imagine things like this happening becase I can see the whole movie being focused on the action and special effects.
Introducing all these awesome sounding characters may get some awesome figures/statues and we might get some awesome scenes but for me personally and I'm sure alot of people that ins't what makes a movie.
It sounds like in all these interviews there just talking about how awesome people are going to look and how amazing things will be. The story to me simply sounds like a rehash of something thats already been done ....but with predators.

That might be cool but I think theres a high chance it probably wont be.

Oh and there better be no aliens. I can picture a scene now of one of these prisoners being forced to fight an alien or being in a cell next to one.
Something stupid like that anyway....

:lol

I for one loathe the idea of a super predator. The thing I liked abt th orignal predator was it looked more like a hunter instead of a wrestler. It was subtle and quiet in the way it hunted. Pls no more brutes :(

With todays tech this could be fantastic but still its a big task. The predator homeworld !?.
Probably for 95% of the movie too. I like the idea of realism behind these movies , like at the end of the first predator , Billy cracks up and attempts to face the predator and people start loosing control and acting a little nuts.
If these people are taken into space and thrown into a jungle fighting aliens and don't crack up a little I wont be able to take it seriously and for some reason I can imagine things like this happening becase I can see the whole movie being focused on the action and special effects.
Introducing all these awesome sounding characters may get some awesome figures/statues and we might get some awesome scenes but for me personally and I'm sure alot of people that ins't what makes a movie.
It sounds like in all these interviews there just talking about how awesome people are going to look and how amazing things will be. The story to me simply sounds like a rehash of something thats already been done ....but with predators.

That might be cool but I think theres a high chance it probably wont be.

Oh and there better be no aliens. I can picture a scene now of one of these prisoners being forced to fight an alien or being in a cell next to one.
Something stupid like that anyway....

:lol

i remember reading a while back that they were going to make this more character oriented like the first one was. which i hope is true. with this latest info I'm interpreting it like they're going to have interesting and well developed characters to fight these predators...i just hope they're not caricatures of humans just there for kill count.

and as for the alien...yeah i hope there are none. Aliens and Predators need a time out from each other for a while.

i dont think id mind if they developed a little bit of the predators character as well. show some camaraderie between them and such. or a show some of they're rituals and traditions.

I want a bad blood invloved. One bad ass one who kills alot of them. Predators fighting predators is about as awesome as it could get. :D

Yeah, why have a SUPER predator? how lame! No need for a SUPER predator.. I mean.. they are already bad a$$'s as it is..i really hope they stick to SWS designs and not go over board on this..

I thought the avp were built like super predators already lol. I loved the look of the avp preds but I hope these ones are little more minimalistic and we can get to see different weapons besides a net, spear, plasma cannon.

Super Predators = Fail

We dont need those, just bring back the original designs, a good cast, good script, blood and thats all we need.

-The script isn't PG13, it's a 'bloody, violent, hard R script reminiscent of the original'.
-Story takes place on the Predators' homeplanet... Picture it as one big jungle from the cretaceous period.
-Opening sequence takes place with our main character, Royce, chasing down something on a rooftop. The sequence ends with him killing his prey with the Predator watching. The Predator then kidknaps him. We next see the character parashooting onto the Predator planet.
-Soon after we meet seven other characters who also parashooted onto the planet: Cuchillo, Nikolai, Isabelle, Stans, Mombasa, Hanzo, and Edwin.
-They soon realise they're prey in a game of cat and mouse and they take off on the run in the jungle. The Predator planet is a game reserve.
-A 'Black Super Predator' leads the hunting party of two other Super Predators.
-The characters eventually hook up with an American soldier called Nolan hiding in a cave. They find out that the Predators have been dropping humans into the game preserve for years.
-The script includes a cameo appearance from Arnie.

Last edited:

Actually sounds pretty cool... but yes the "super Pred" is stupid.

-A 'Black Super Predator' leads the hunting party of two other Super Predators.

ok , so 3 more hot toys figures then
lets hope the desing is more pred 1 tha AVP
the AVP looked like stuntmen that could hardly move in those suits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back