Resident Evil: Retribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BUT omg woo carz cuz ;leik dis is da unternet not da skool dood. lol....y r u so meen? teh persun was jus tryn 2 rtie a revew 2 tell u bout da moovie rezident evl retrabewshun. gawd lol china tockyo whu carz....

Would be the reply you would've gotten from one of that girl's (gotta be a chick) friends.

Shouldn't expect much in the education department considering her grammar, sentence structure, and the fact that she like(d) the movies (hey-oh!). "OMG China and Tokyo aren't the same thing?" I want to falcon punch people in the face that stupid :lol

Wez ain't the only one, he's just the biggest contributor here. I've disliked (as a film lover) and hated (as a true RE fan) the movies since the second one.

So, people are kicking up a fuss because

Spoiler Spoiler:

Last edited:
It's odd that no one is able to comprehend this one seemingly obvious fact about Wesker.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thing is in the games no one knew Wesker was bad until the end. In the eyes of the main characters, it wasn't "bad-good-bad" it was "good-bad" in the games. Kind of hard to become friends with a guy again after he tried having you and your friends killed and mostly succeeded. Games > Movies, always has been, always is, always will be.

Either way, trying to justify something terrible is an oxymoron.

So you don't like that an evil character is doing what ever he has to for his own personal benefit?

If that is the case then how do you justify nearly every single major comic book villain having to team up with the hero at some point in time? Joker, Lex Luthor, Magneto etc etc., they have all had to be "good" at some point in time, even if it's only to benefit them in the end by turning on the hero or revealing it was all a set up from the start

I don't care how bad the movie is, I've never taken them seriously, so I know I'll like it for what it is. And that's a mindless action film, a movie to watch when there's nothing else to do. lol

If that is the case then how do you justify nearly every single major comic book villain having to team up with the hero at some point in time? Joker, Lex Luthor, Magneto etc etc., they have all had to be "good" at some point in time, even if it's only to benefit them in the end by turning on the hero or revealing it was all a set up from the start

Apples and Oranges my friend. Resident Evil =\= 50-70 years of comics where that kind of stuff is expected. Wesker was pretty much raised evil in the games, he was never once a shred of good except when he had to fool STARS and even then I'd hardly call him "good." He was very emotionless when he was with STARS.

Last edited:
I wouldnt say Wesker was completely evil with no good in him. He stepped on whatever got in the way of his vision. its not to say his vision was to step on everybody. We now know hes got a Son, we dont know the circumstances of how that came about or if he was indeed married to Jakes mother at all. He also seemed to have a "brother-like" Relationship with Billy Birkin. And Chris + Wesker fought against Alexia during Code Veronica so theres lots of glimmers of things not being 1 dimensional with him, as it pertains to game wesker being pure evil. In fact, in CV and RE5 he almost kind of made a sport of things, giving people a chance to survive. (until he obviously got uroboros'd at the end when he lost his rag)

I wouldnt say Wesker was completely evil with no good in him. He stepped on whatever got in the way of his vision. its not to say his vision was to step on everybody. We now know hes got a Son, we dont know the circumstances of how that came about or if he was indeed married to Jakes mother at all. He also seemed to have a "brother-like" Relationship with Billy Birkin. And Chris + Wesker fought against Alexia during Code Veronica so theres lots of glimmers of things not being 1 dimensional with him, as it pertains to game wesker being pure evil.

-True, but if it's revealed he had some goodness in him to spawn Jake, then that's a retcon if I've ever seen one.

-This is also true, but they were rivals at first and I'm surprised he didn't try to save him honestly. But then if he did, we wouldn't have G-Birkin!

-This never happened, Wesker basically left him to her after Chris came out of hiding.

-This was weird, it kept making me think he wanted to be stopped or something. But as Chris said, he's like a comic book villain and he needs to have his monologues instead of outright killing the heroes. Chris and them really would be no match against Wesker in all honesty, it did seem like he held back. That or Capcom held him back. "Oh noes its dark I can't see!"

-This never happened, Wesker basically left him to her after Chris came out of hiding.
It was true for the 2 seconds they both rolled away from the same bit of flame it was like OMG ! Chris and Wesker are gonna have to work toge-oh wait Weskers left :(

But he did take Steve's body, and elude to the fact he might of brought him back to life. (And its still on the cards, that Jake... Steve... something could be going on there...)
-This was weird, it kept making me think he wanted to be stopped or something. But as Chris said, he's like a comic book villain and he needs to have his monologues instead of outright killing the heroes. Chris and them really would be no match against Wesker in all honesty, it did seem like he held back. That or Capcom held him back. "Oh noes its dark I can't see!"
He did seem to hold back alot. He also let Leon be in RE4 too until the point he started to heavily interfere with the overall plans. He doesnt seem to just mindlessly eliminate people unless hes pushed to it. But then you get what he did to Excella. So its up in the air

Back