Resident Evil: Retribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend was at the premiere last night in LA. He said it was a good movie. But of course he's best friends with Oded Fehr (Oded invited him as one of his guests on the red carpet, the premiere, and afterparty) so I guess his opinion is a bit biased! LOL!!

Just came back from a showing. This is easily one of the best entry into the series!!!

Starts off with a fantastic opening sequence and everything quickly picks up and never let you go until the end. In fact, at the end, you really wish the movie has just begun (it will make sense to you once you see it)

Lots of breathtaking action sequence and the last fight is especially brutal. I didn't watch this in 3D but I am very sure it will look breathtaking. In fact I am going to watch it in 3D again soon.

The score is again fantastic and the soundtrack is a must get on my list. My only nitpick is that the rest of the cast are really just a back drop. Pretty much zero backstory and zero development. As with the series, the focus is on Alice and while the appearance of Leon and Barry is cool it doesn't really add much to the story. They could have been anyone really and it doesn't really matter. They are some hints here and there that seem to reveal more but it doesn't go beyond that. (I suspect those parts are the one Sony forced Paul to cut).

This movie as has been hinted is really just a prologue to the finale. They really set things up for a fantastic showdown in the next and probably final movie.

Her appearance is cool (I am a fan) but they didn't do much with her (Hope she has a much bigger part in the next movie since they did set her up as some kind of super Umbrella agent).

Li BingBing looks the part but lack the sex appeal of the videogame version. She looks like a little girl next to Milla (probably cause she is still so much shorter that Milla despite wearing heals and she looks 18 when she is actually close to 40, Asian women just don't age!!!)

Basically it is better to just watch this movie knowing that it is an Alice vehicle and everyone else is just cameos she met along the ride.

There is however one scene that will really make lots of fans of the game very angry.

Her appearance is cool (I am a fan) but they didn't do much with her (Hope she has a much bigger part in the next movie since they did set her up as some kind of super Umbrella agent).

Li BingBing looks the part but lack the sex appeal of the videogame version. She looks like a little girl next to Milla (probably cause she is still so much shorter that Milla despite wearing heals and she looks 18 when she is actually close to 40, Asian women just don't age!!!)

Basically it is better to just watch this movie knowing that it is an Alice vehicle and everyone else is just cameos she met along the ride.

There is however one scene that will really make lots of fans of the game very angry.

How is Jill and Leon ?

I bet its gonna be either Leon dying or barry dying. maybe even jill. I also heard that Aeon/leon and ada love are in this movie. Maybe that gets the shippers mad i guess.

I really like Jill in this one. Very evil and the actress seems to be really enjoying herself in the role. And she is more than a match for Alice!!! She is hot as hell too!!!

Spoilers Alert

Spoiler Spoiler:

They are many scenes which feels have develop or maybe even missing some development. I am really hoping the Director's cut will restore that. As of now, it is pretty much pure action and some character development scene will really even out this movie.

Overall, it is a good fun flick and fans of the series will love it. Those who hated it will likely hate it even more.

I really like Jill in this one. Very evil and the actress seems to be really enjoying herself in the role. And she is more than a match for Alice!!! She is hot as hell too!!!

Spoilers Alert

Spoiler Spoiler:

They are many scenes which feels have develop or maybe even missing some development. I am really hoping the Director's cut will restore that. As of now, it is pretty much pure action and some character development scene will really even out this movie.

Overall, it is a good fun flick and fans of the series will love it. Those who hated it will likely hate it even more.

Thank you now I don't have to see this now.:goodpost:

Back