Resident Evil: Retribution

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked it. Although you know what these movies are like goin in..I felt like maybe Anderson actually gave a **** more for this one. While they all sort of flow together they never really consider the previous movie. Like 2-3 the whole US is a desert. then 3-4 there are no more deserts. In it's own sort of dumb way, I feel like they tied together all the films pretty well in this one.

It was cool to have a really simple linear story to do this. Its basically just like the first resident evil movie with all the tricks from the past 3 thrown in with some fan favorite characters from the games. I liked Leon and Ada because they seemed really rigid...like they do in the video games I've played. I guess thats the same reason I like cheeseball movie wesker. None of them seem like human beings...as much as video game characters. I think that's kind of amusing.

My only disappointment, since the bar is set very low and I have not much expectations to be blown away by this franchise, was that Luthor, Barry, and Leon didn't really have much to do. They shoot guns and look tough walking around and thats about it. It woulda been cool to see them do something memorable. I did think Ada was kinda rad. But Jill, once again, is like a not-so-good actor trying to play a brainwashed rigid robotic video game character.

Also, i'm pretty sure they reference: aliens, the matrix, terminator, and possibly some musical ques from inception in this movie. Which I see as a hollywood shmuck kinda paying homage rather than ripping off. But that is a thin line. I did like that they decided to make a road warrior resident evil...so this isn't so far off from that.

For a popcorn movie that doesn't have much uniqueness about it, I really enjoyed the experience of watching it. It kept my attention throughout, while the last fight sequences did feel alittle tedious. Also, the 3d didn't feel very necessary...I liked it more in 4. While 4 was slow..it kinda took it's time to look visually interesting.

I look forward to the next one!

You sure do ask a lot of questions. Lol don't you hate the movies as well?

Yea but im not going to complain that they arent like the game. I just want a great movie dont feel like ill get that as long as milla is in it.

Milla is actually really good. She gives 100% to the movies. She goes above and beyond what other actors and actress need to. But she is surrounded by a group of "yes men" who will not question or strive for perfection or betterment of the movie. Her & Paul and the rest of " camp evil " have grown that close that nobody dare say, or question the direction of the movies anymore because they have an unhealthily close relationship. And they dont want to rock the boat.

Are they making two more or just one?

Paul said if this one does good at the box office they will make one more, then final one, the 6th one supposedly is the end

but if this one tanks at the box office, then this one will be the final one,

it is actually funny, because they leave it open for a sequel, the whole thing is made to have a final sequel, and it depends on the money, is like they know there is a chance they won't finish their retarded story, but they still leave such an open ending like this

Paul said if this one does good at the box office they will make one more, then final one, the 6th one supposedly is the end

but if this one tanks at the box office, then this one will be the final one,

it is actually funny, because they leave it open for a sequel, the whole thing is made to have a final sequel, and it depends on the money, is like they know there is a chance they won't finish their retarded story, but they still leave such an open ending like this

it will do good only cost $65 mill to make .

it will do good only cost $65 mill to make .

yeah the good thing is that we will have a final movie,
even if it sucks, we at least will have a final movie, it would suck big monkey balls if they ended here, at the peak of the conflict

Paul w s Anderson is now gonna work on monster hunter. Anybody play that before ?

Yeah, fun but difficult games. Monster Hunter has a tight-knit community much like the Resident Evil game fans. Doubt he could disappoint too much since MH doesn't really have a story, just your custom character killing big dragons.

Back