Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i think there putting zombies in the specer mansion you can see a zombie faintly in the trailer.

i think there putting zombies in the specer mansion you can see a zombie faintly in the trailer.

i thought so too, but it might actually be this guy.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I love the design of the new monster. Totally has a vintage RE look to him.

I hope with the Gold Edition comming out, maybe HT or at least Neca will decide to make some more RE figures. I'd love to add a Neca RE5 Jill and Wesker to my collection.

check it out guys new info on the extra scenarios, be warned there be spoilers ahead

Spoiler Spoiler:

i love the part where it says you cant fight the enemy because you don't have your weapons. that sounds like its gonna be intense!

Definately. One of the real disapointments of RE5 (for me) was the lack of intensity throughout most of the game. Seriously, the only part that I found somewhat intense in the entire game was the first encounter with the Lickers. Don't get me wrong, RE5 is a great and fun game but lacked many of the elements that makes a Resident Evil game scary and intense. Hopefully this will make it feel a little more survival horrorish.

Cool news, although the 2 new costumes for chris and sheva just look crap, for chris I mean the spikey shouldered semi-naked wierd one. I'll never play in these just as I never played as safari chris last time round. Why not give us some really cool commando looking outfits, jungle camouflage or something. Something at least soldier-like. Would be a lot cooler imo.

As for characters, i'm hoping for Leon and HUNK, Krauser would be cool too. Maybe a classic zombie :lol

I agree. I don't really like the new costumes, and I didn't like any of the alts in the original RE5. I thought Chris' and Sheva's standards were great, grounded designs. Yeah, I can understand how people would want some more crazy or fun costumes, but what we got and what we're getting is just too out there.

the new costumes arent too bad IMO, but what i really want, is the ability to play as Wesker and Jill in the main game

second that! That is what really gives replayability for me. Although the tangible differences can be quite slight the intrinsic effect is so cool.

I just picked up RE5 from a BF sale and started playing tonight. This game is friggin hard. I can't get past the first level, where the dude on the megaphone calls for all zombies to attack you. Looks like I need to go to beginner mode or look up some cheats, both of which I hate doing. But I've already tried that scene like 5 times and I'm not getting any better. Keep running out of ammo and then getting swarmed.

Not many cheats for this game. My advice is try to do as many physical attack as possible. To take out the Exacutioner, use the enviroment to your adavantage i.e. flameable and explosive canisters, electric transformers etc. There are also several grenades and a machine gun in that area too.

Or you can do what my friend did and just run around in circles avoiding enemies and wait for help to arrive.

if you wanna feel like a badass you can run and gun. Headshot them to stun and then melee attack them. Also using the surrounding area's like barrels and flamable cans comes in handy.

For a little easier you can run around and jump on top of the bus. The Executioner can't get up there so your safe from him. Just gotta watch the one direction mostly, and check behind you on occasion to make sure no one is sneaking up on you.

How you jump? Or is it an intereactive action once you get close to the object. I gave up for the night. Managed to make it through the gate and then just ran around, but still died eventually.

I think I'm going to set it on easy until I get hang of controls. There wasn't much of a tutorial at all and I haven't played an RE game since the first playstTion 1 (RE3 ?)

Damn: Damn iphone keyboard and my bad typing skills

Last edited:
Would be wise to set it on easy till you get the controls.

Try shooting them in the legs to drop them to their knees then run close to them and perform a punch or kick. This conserves your ammo alongside wounding the enemies. 2 in 1. It also knowks a few of the zombies over in one go if there are a group of them stuck close together. This can be helpful in preventing getting surrounded.

Yeah, definitely learn how to melee effectively (shot to the knees and heads, run up and bash; use the environment as much as possible [barrels, shooting them off elevated areas]). Seems like you're trying to play the game too much like a standard third person/first person shooter, which you can't do.

But keep at it and practice. RE5 isn't the best RE game, but the experience is worth it. :D

I just picked up RE5 from a BF sale and started playing tonight. This game is friggin hard. I can't get past the first level, where the dude on the megaphone calls for all zombies to attack you. Looks like I need to go to beginner mode or look up some cheats, both of which I hate doing. But I've already tried that scene like 5 times and I'm not getting any better. Keep running out of ammo and then getting swarmed.

About halfway between the building you start in and the sewer, there is a transformer hanging from a building. Shoot that down and when "zombies" get close shoot the transformer. They will be stunned and easy to take down.

Like the others said, if you're getting nailed, there should be some health in the room that has the transformer. Or just run around for a while

Okay, I just restarted on easy level, no way to do it once game is in progress. And I finally finished level 1-1. After about 5 attempts. Is it just me, am I getting too old for these, or is this game a little difficult?

I'm trying to use the environment to my advantage, so I started shooting the gas barrells, but there are still a lot of zombies and I don't seem tot have the time to look everywhere I want for interactive environmental objects that I can shoot down or objects I can pick up (ammo, health, etc.).

I'll keep on keeping on, but usually i'm halfway decent at videogames, but for this one, I just feel like an amateur.

I thought this one was one of the easier RE games (and I suck at most video games). Again melee attacks are your friend in this game. If you think it's hard now though, try it on Pro mode. I single hit from an enemy puts you in a dying state and you only have an instant to revive you partner (or you partner to revive you).

Back