Rambo V - CANCELLED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RAMBO V-Greenlit

also dont wanna see rambo in love cuz you KNOW that would suck. i found these photo's and thought that these summed it up best.

so it turns out that sly has dropped a few hints about what the new movie is gonna be about. some kinda creature who i cant tell if its some kinda human or animal, i cant tell, and that rambo is gonna fight it. here is the audio feed from sly himself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTa7kuDxnYU

i think this sounds awsome. will be the first rambo i ever see in theaters!

It's not going to be a creature like Predator or something, that's just his way of conveying it.

What he's saying is that Rambo is going to be facing a human being running on pure instinct and emotion in raw from, un restrained, essentially himself but minus the humanity and restraint that Rambo does have. His initial description, or at least the published articles, gave the notion that it'd be like Rambo against a group of soldiers in some base that are genetically bread and trained and such, as he said, like a Univeral Soldier type situation, but apparently his actual vision is an inhuman human being, I'm almost envisioning First Blood with 2 Rambo's going at it in the woods, since it is to take place in the same region as First Blood.

I think the concept could be very exciting, but as a short, 1 line summary of the movie, it's a bit concerning, you can either go really wrong or quite right with the concept, just have to see how things develop.

It's not going to be a creature like Predator or something, that's just his way of conveying it.

What he's saying is that Rambo is going to be facing a human being running on pure instinct and emotion in raw from, un restrained, essentially himself but minus the humanity and restraint that Rambo does have. His initial description, or at least the published articles, gave the notion that it'd be like Rambo against a group of soldiers in some base that are genetically bread and trained and such, as he said, like a Univeral Soldier type situation, but apparently his actual vision is an inhuman human being, I'm almost envisioning First Blood with 2 Rambo's going at it in the woods, since it is to take place in the same region as First Blood.

I think the concept could be very exciting, but as a short, 1 line summary of the movie, it's a bit concerning, you can either go really wrong or quite right with the concept, just have to see how things develop.

OK this sound much better....

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl Nice. Those pictures are hilarious.

LOL i know, the one with him holding flowers and choclates, with that expression, looking like some nervous little kid hiding behind a tree from some girl, it had me on the floor.

So they are no longer going to use the 'Taken' (Liam Neeson) plot, where his alleged-daughter or maid's daughter will be kidnapped by South Americans? :)

Really, whatever the plot will be, I am watching this. It's the least I could do to catch up (joined the Rambo action figure collecting late in the game). :)

If there is gonna be a rambo v, I demand a Cobra 2

Stallone's 'Rambo 5' loses sci-fi twist
*Source: https://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a186829/stallones-rambo-5-loses-sci-fi-twist.html
Saturday, November 14 2009, 00:10 GMT
By Mike Moody

Sylvester Stallone has reportedly called off plans to take his Rambo series into the realm of science fiction.

The 63-year-old earlier revealed that the next Rambo movie would feature John Rambo leading a squad into a secret military base to shut down a man-beast mutant "supersoldier" project gone wrong.

The sci-fi plot was based on the novel Hunter by James Byron Higgins. Stallone owns the rights to the book and now plans to use it as source material for another film, according to an email he sent to fansite StalloneZone.

The star announced that the forthcoming Rambo update will feature the iconic hero "heading over the border to a violent city where many young women have vanished".

Stallone's next project The Expendables opens in cinemas next August.

Rumoured Rambo 5 Plot
*Source: https://rambo-5-trailer.blogspot.com/

The production of a Rambo 5 movie has been confirmed via variety. Nu Image/Millennium Films has indeed greenlit this new Rambo movie, the fifth in the franchise, and most probably the last one. Sylvester Stallone will starring and directing.

The plot of Rambo 5 has also been revealed:

Rambo 5 Synopsis:
"Rambo 5 revolves around Rambo fighting his way through human traffickers and drug lords to rescue a young girl abducted near the U.S.-Mexico border."

Filming should start in Spring 2010, so the release date of Rambo 5 is most likely early 2011, or December 2010 if we are lucky.

Please take all the time you need while developing this movie: if Rambo 5 is closing the Rambo movie series it has to be the best Rambo movie ever!
;-)

Posted by Rambo V Movie at 10:27 PM 0 comments
Labels: Movie, Plot, Rambo 5, Sylvester Stallone, Synopsis

Definitely a modification of the original Rambo 4 story, at least it's no longer his housekeeper's daughter or whatever weird thing they originally planned.

Sounds a lot like Commando but with Rambo instead of Matrix.

I hope that we get to see some of his home life explored, maybe even some conflict, like his father disapproving of the war and soldiering and all, and a new conflict when Rambo's pulled into this mission and his dad doesn't want him going.

I also saw a rumor at one point that Rambo had an estranged daughter (not housekeeper's daughter), and was kidnapped by South Americans (specifically Mexicans).

If they do go down this path, it sounds like a plot similar to Liam Neeson's Taken movie. I just hope they incorporate Rambo's personality well enough to differentiate it on-screen with Taken's environment & feel.

I'm sure Rambo will be set in a more primitive, savage setting. Taken was set in more civilized settings with technolog being a big part of things, Rambo will be set in jungle/forest with nothing but raw tools at his disposal.

aah i dont know, the "new" plot sounds kinda lame, like one of those movies that tries to bring an "issue" to light like he did with burma. i liked the supe rsolider idea better.

Back