Rambo V - CANCELLED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RAMBO V-Greenlit

Every Rambo's shed light on something in the real world.

First Blood - Truama to the vets
Rambo 2 - POWs still remaining from Nam, though it's as much speculation as fact
Rambo 3 - Fight of the Afghans
Rambo 4 - Burma

Stallone likes the stories to be grounded in some reality, that's why he chose Burma, he researched current situations around the world and felt that the Burmese story should be told and that it would be a fitting climate for Rambo to found in.

If anyone can successfully use a film to bring light to a real world struggle, I think Sly can do it.

Sly can actually use the suffering of the Southern Philippine Muslim civilians against the MILF & Abu Sayyaf rebel groups [See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abu_Sayyaf]. This is almost the same tone as that of Burma, though (local genocide), but at least he can yet again show the public another catastrophic case not yet resolved by local/UN government.

If he does use this idea, I hope it prolongs Rambo.. This can be Rambo 5, and whatever idea he has to culminate the movie-series can be Rambo 6! :naughty

The only thing I'm curious about with this project is how Sly feels there's more to this character's story. I really wonder what unexplored thing he's thinking of to do another film. Rambo 4 left no gaps in the character's arc that I could notice, except his relationship with his father, which so far, both ideas for a story don't seem like they'll touch upon.

Yeah, the ending of Rambo 4 kinda closed the book.. Could it be that the global success of the movie motivated Sly to make another one, hence forcing Rambo 5 to happen even if the story arc really says the book is closed?

I would also be interested in a sort of 'Chronicles of Rambo', wherein his accounts in the 20 years between Rambo 3 & Rambo 4 could be told. :) The possibilities are endless! :)

Yeah, the ending of Rambo 4 kinda closed the book.. Could it be that the global success of the movie motivated Sly to make another one, hence forcing Rambo 5 to happen even if the story arc really says the book is closed?

Sly said during press interviews for Rambo, before it's box office numbers came in, that he wasn't ready to walk away from Rambo. He's done with Rocky, but he said he's not ready to walk away from playing Rambo, I think as a character he feels Rambo has more to explore. Rocky's pretty clear, an underdog with a will to win, but Rambo has more depth, more scarring and the evolution of life with him to explore.

Thanks for that trivia, bro. :D Rambo's mythos expansion potential is huge!!! I hope that he really develops Rambo 5 in to a story weavable into the Rambo quadrilogy's chronology.

Sly said during press interviews for Rambo, before it's box office numbers came in, that he wasn't ready to walk away from Rambo. He's done with Rocky, but he said he's not ready to walk away from playing Rambo, I think as a character he feels Rambo has more to explore. Rocky's pretty clear, an underdog with a will to win, but Rambo has more depth, more scarring and the evolution of life with him to explore.

Well the good news is, I really don't believe Rambo 5 will actually be produced unless Sly is 100% confident in the story, and his handling of stories with Rambo 4 and Rocky Balboa were strong, so if he's behind it, I trust him, but Rambo 4 was talked about for a long time and it didn't move forward until the Burma plotline developed and he really felt strong about that one.

At least he trusts the quality of the story even before moving towards production. :)

God, another one?

Guess Sly's gotta eat...

Here is a shot I took of his penthouse in Manhattan ................

IMG_4325.jpg

............ i'd say he's eating very well. :D

Stallone may not want to let go of his stardome but he's no "washed up" celeb. Thats for sure.

I can almost guarantee you that is not the script that will be used for Rambo 5,it was a alternate script for Rambo 4 so this used for Rambo 5 is just a rumor.

Stallone's 'Rambo 5' loses sci-fi twist
*Source: https://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a186829/stallones-rambo-5-loses-sci-fi-twist.html
Saturday, November 14 2009, 00:10 GMT
By Mike Moody

Sylvester Stallone has reportedly called off plans to take his Rambo series into the realm of science fiction.

The 63-year-old earlier revealed that the next Rambo movie would feature John Rambo leading a squad into a secret military base to shut down a man-beast mutant "supersoldier" project gone wrong.

The sci-fi plot was based on the novel Hunter by James Byron Higgins. Stallone owns the rights to the book and now plans to use it as source material for another film, according to an email he sent to fansite StalloneZone.

The star announced that the forthcoming Rambo update will feature the iconic hero "heading over the border to a violent city where many young women have vanished".

Stallone's next project The Expendables opens in cinemas next August.

Here is a shot I took of his penthouse in Manhattan ................

IMG_4325.jpg

............ i'd say he's eating very well. :D

Stallone may not want to let go of his stardome but he's no "washed up" celeb. Thats for sure.

WHOA. that is like, whoa..

just found this pic, made me chuckle.

reminds me of all the manips ppl did of an "old" indiana jones when KOTCS came out.

Hey guys.. Just found a website when I searched for Rambo 5 in Google. It's the first one to come up in the search results, but it doesn't look official: https://rambo5.com/.. even though it does say 'Official Website'.

Maybe it looks less-fancy than the Expendables website, which is what made me think it's fake (https://expendablesthemovie.com/)

:dunno

The most reputable source of information (albeit scarce) is IMDB: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1206885/

I hope we get more details soon! :rock

No way that's real , even the cut out of Stallone is a pretty crappy job on that banner at the top. Fan made.

Sly said he will work on Rambo after Expendables is finished,so don`t worry about not seeing Rambo back again,just be patient,early 2012 is my guess.

Not to mention this project is far from having a website, they probably don't even have a completed script yet, there's really no information to share.

Back