Rambo V - CANCELLED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RAMBO V-Greenlit

I can tell where Sly wants to go with the notion, he's trying to explore the psychology of soldiers and get into that warrior spirit that Rambo himself embraced in part 4, but the context in which that's explored, in a summarized article like this, sounds terrible.

I've not abandoned hope, but my "In Sly I Trust" attituded towards Rocky and Rambo films after the recent entries in both, is now lost until I start to see more information on how this plays out.

As a Rambo fan,
I am fully prepared t go down with the ship. If this gets made, I will be there.

Sly needs to go full retard with this and set it in space.

Sly needs to go full retard with this and set it in space.

:lol

predator-v-rambo-copy1.jpg

As soon as "The Expendables" is finished Sly will start working on Rambo and get his mind into it so im sure it won`t be as bad as it sounds,hopefully he know what he is doing,he doesn`t want another "Rocky 5" which bothered him for 15 years before he made "Rocky Balboa".

As soon as "The Expendables" is finished Sly will start working on Rambo and get his mind into it so im sure it won`t be as bad as it sounds,hopefully he know what he is doing,he doesn`t want another "Rocky 5" which bothered him for 15 years before he made "Rocky Balboa".

I actually liked Rocky 5. :dunno

I actually liked Rocky 5. :dunno

Rocky 5 is likable as a film in a series, it was a poor final chapter to a series, which is why I'd use it as example of fearing what Rambo 5 could be. Rambo 4 was a perfect conclusion to Rambo's story, I'm always up for more Rambo stories, but if you're going to end a series, Rambo 4 wrapped things up about as nice as possible, it's hard to imagine what story for a 5th could do anything but ruin that because 4 didn't leave much room for ideas as to what else was left for the character, but I figure if Sly makes it, he'll be behind the story like Rocky Balboa and Rambo, but so far, early leaks on the story for this one aren't looking good, hopefully like Rambo's early story ideas, this one isn't final or at least not refined.

https://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=25751

"The true plot, according to Sly, is much stranger, borderline sci-fi territory for the lunkish Vietnam vet. Set back in the Pacific Northwest where the whole saga began, it involves a secret US military installation where experiments are being carried out on elite soldiers, with a view to enhancing their primal savagery. This, needless to say, Ends Badly, and one John Rambo is brought in with a squad to shut the place down."

This is the first thing i thought of when i read that....

:chew

This is an intresting theory in the comments...

I agree whole-heartedly with Larusso. I think the ending to rambo 4 was the best place to end the series, no doubt. However I totally understand what Stallones getting at with this one. They won't be super-soldiers, theres no genetic enhancement, they'll be like he used to be in the first movie. They'll be brainwashed almost into being people who only understand how to be soldiers. He'll be fighting the younger versions of himself! And i suppose that's the relevance of it, you know the way that ..

He'll be fighting the younger versions of himself! And i suppose that's the relevance of it, you know the way that ..

Which is a cool concept, I think the concept behind this plot sounds solid, it's just a bit concerning that if not handled right, it could be executed poorly.

Essentially, this could be the Rocky Balboa of the Rambo series, skill versus will, the brute force of young newbies being nothing compared to the seasoned, raw energy of Rambo.

Which is a cool concept, I think the concept behind this plot sounds solid, it's just a bit concerning that if not handled right, it could be executed poorly.

Essentially, this could be the Rocky Balboa of the Rambo series, skill versus will, the brute force of young newbies being nothing compared to the seasoned, raw energy of Rambo.

It could go the other way. They might end up killing him. He might just give up in the end after maybe killing a few or nearly all of these guys.
I actually like that idea too. Similar to when Ripley kills herself in alien 3 to rid herself of the madness and horror that follows her.

Last edited:

That plot has to be fake.That sounds HORRIBLE!

With his new SLIMMER, stacked body, he could be shirtless for Rambo 5, cuz lets face it sly in rambo 4 was not that great lookin cuz he had a lame ti shirt on the whole time and didnt look as awsome as he did before. prolly cuz he was still very husky and bear like from rocky. judgeing from his new "Expendables" body, he could actually be shirtless for rambo 5! look at this pic (forgive me but i made this in a quick hurry dont own photoshop):

i dont see why he cant be shirtless and AWSOME in the new one.

Back