Playstation Vita Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The White Vita is really enticing. Thinking about selling my current one something after summer and picking up the ACIII White Vita bundle when it hits in...October? I think.

ACIII - Liberation trailer:
[ame]https://youtu.be/lUJfiroYTho[/ame]

wcDc9.jpg

The White Vita is really enticing. Thinking about selling my current one something after summer and picking up the ACIII White Vita bundle when it hits in...October? I think.

I wonder if it will be offered separately at the same time.. The new color came out pretty quickly. It took a while for other PSP colors to come out IIRC.

I wonder if it will be offered separately at the same time.. The new color came out pretty quickly. It took a while for other PSP colors to come out IIRC.

If Vita's colors are anything like the PSP colors, they'll only be available initially as bundles.

New ACIII Liberation pics, and bumped the trailer and bundle to this page:

ACIII - Liberation trailer:
[ame]https://youtu.be/lUJfiroYTho[/ame]

wcDc9.jpg

psv-game-6178-ss1.jpg

psv-game-6178-ss2.jpg

psv-game-6178-ss3.jpg

psv-game-6178-ss4.jpg

I might end up getting that bundle then. Thanks for gathering all the stuff onto this page plas.

wonder if ishould cancel my 360 preorder and get the ps3 version instead wit hthe vita version cause stuff you unlock in ps3 you can use in vita version.

Man I am super exicted for playstation battle allstars im getting it for vita and ps3https://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/05/e3-2012-ps-all-stars-beating-down-drake-using-a-vita

So is vita going to die-slowly? When can I expect a price drop? I really wanted to get this system. :/

I dont think it will die theres over 60 plus games in development for vita. Gravity rush comes out tuesday and that game is amazing.

The game didn't look as good as those screenshots during the press conference. Something doesn't smell right.

Wait until the holiday season, I think there will be a temporary drop then?

Sony says no price cut for Vita for the foreseeable future:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...vita-price-cut
"Oh, absolutely." Yoshida replied when we asked him whether it was too soon for a Vita price cut in 2012.

"From the value for money standpoint, we think we have a good price for what the system is. And our priority is to achieve the potential through more games and services.

"Of course people who are looking to buy are also talking about the price of PS Vita, especially when they have to buy a memory card as well. That's something we have to spend time to cost reduce and address in the future. But now, our laser focus is to increase the content and to realise the potential of the system."
Quote:
Yoshida blamed Vita's sparse showing on Sony's attempt to cut the length of its press conference compared to previous years.

"As far as how our conference went - it went as well as we thought it could," he said. "I'm getting lots of tweets from people saying, 'where are PS Vita games?' That was, in retrospect, our fault - not looking at every angle when we designed the programme for the show. We have 25 new games, Vita titles, playable on the show floor.

"We could have spent more time - probably we should - showing off those games coming out this year.

"That aside, we got a very great response to our new IPs - Beyond by Quantic, and The Last of Us. So I'm very happy."

I wouldn't rule it out completely for winter 2012, but it's not looking likely.

Anyway, Vita game demos shown during E3 (on the showfloor):

(quoted because SSF automatically embeds youtube links, which is annoying for posting large number of vids in one post)

Last edited:
I still think they will drop the price a bit, maybe during BF? ESP if the wii u does come out during the holidays, to take away some of the hype sales.

Black Friday prices are usually set by the retailers and are temporary, but yeah the price should drop for shopping season. Many places are already giving out large gift cards for buying one, so a temp. price reduction is not out of the question. I'm willing to bet that what Sony said above is just a diversionary tactic. It's not like he's going to say "yeah, there's a price drop coming". Bad for business.

I hope so because I want a white Vita when it comes out later this year. :lol

Black Friday prices are usually set by the retailers and are temporary, but yeah the price should drop for shopping season. Many places are already giving out large gift cards for buying one, so a temp. price reduction is not out of the question. I'm willing to bet that what Sony said above is just a diversionary tactic. It's not like he's going to say "yeah, there's a price drop coming". Bad for business.

I hope so because I want a white Vita when it comes out later this year. :lol

When the ps3 dropped to 200 for that bundle, that was set by Sony.

You're right, and that was temporary. It could happen to Vita, but it's still the Vita's first year, whereas the PS3 has been around for a while. I don't remember if the PS3 had a price drop in the same year it was released.

Who knows what will happen.

It's mind-boggling that Sony didn't run this official sizzle reel during their conference:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fEX9-LR9tg&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Back