Playstation Vita Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Playstation Vita (formerly PSP2/NGP - $250)

Yesterday, a sales associate at Best Buy was wearing a Vita around their neck. He let me play it for a bit, and I gotta say, it was nicer than I expected. The screen is much bigger than I visualized from pics and descriptions. The BB guy kept going on about the brightness and crispness of the screen, but I didn't think it was any better than a 3DS. That said, I didn't have a whole lot of time with it either.

One of the games I played (forgot what it was called) utilized the back touch area and was really kinda neat. Only thing I didn't really care for was that it wasn't multi-touch (the back touch area, the screen is mult-touch).

I dunno, first thoughts are that I was a bit more impressed than I expected to be, but I still think it's too expensive and the software lineup isn't all that impressive. Once we get a good amount of unique titles that aren't just games that could just as easily have been made on a home console or phone, I could see myself wanting one.

I can't wait to see what the Little Big Planet community makes with this thing!

The only way I will buy a Vita is if Monster Hunter Portable 3rdG (Japan) is coming.

The only reason I want a Vita is for the Uncharted title, and wasn't there talk of Vita games being DLC on the PS3?

how did you get uncharted for free is best buy running a promotion

That's a Best Buy Canada promotion, I think.

The only way I will buy a Vita is if Monster Hunter Portable 3rdG (Japan) is coming.

I'm betting it will.

Yesterday, a sales associate at Best Buy was wearing a Vita around their neck. He let me play it for a bit, and I gotta say, it was nicer than I expected. The screen is much bigger than I visualized from pics and descriptions. The BB guy kept going on about the brightness and crispness of the screen, but I didn't think it was any better than a 3DS. That said, I didn't have a whole lot of time with it either.

One of the games I played (forgot what it was called) utilized the back touch area and was really kinda neat. Only thing I didn't really care for was that it wasn't multi-touch (the back touch area, the screen is mult-touch).

I dunno, first thoughts are that I was a bit more impressed than I expected to be, but I still think it's too expensive and the software lineup isn't all that impressive. Once we get a good amount of unique titles that aren't just games that could just as easily have been made on a home console or phone, I could see myself wanting one.

I can't wait to see what the Little Big Planet community makes with this thing!

The rear touch pad is certainly multi-touch.

tTI3i.gif

Went ahead and PO'ed the 3G/Wifi first edition bundle from Gamestop. Its actually a gift from my GF for our 5 year anniversary, originally I wasn't gonna get it till later in the summer. Can't believe I'll have it on the 15th of this month, I'm so stoked.

@TeXaZMsM87 - Nice! I really want the First Edition bundle, but can't justify the extra cost right now. I want a larger memory card. Maybe if I sell the 4gb one included in the bundle...

Anyway, Ninja Gaiden: Sigma Plus trailer:

[ame]https://youtu.be/PWoefn2kCX8[/ame]

New screenshots: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-30-new-ninja-gaiden-sigma-plus-vita-screenshots

Wipeout 2048 'evolution' intro cutscene (really great):

[ame]https://youtu.be/TsDHzBk8P9Y[/ame]

Mortal Kombat for Vita first look:

[ame]https://youtu.be/-RuipBFkZxM[/ame]

Motorstorm RC offscreen gameplay demo:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDihc3_sm58[/ame]

Gravity Rush tv spot:

[ame]https://youtu.be/BcPDYZJYO3E[/ame]

Last edited:

Yeah thats the only thing that I would like to change out but I'm a sucker for new tech and had some store credit left over that I had sitting around so it wasn't that bad of a deal. Uncharted looks sick on this, read some reviews and they say its just like the PS3 versions. Can't wait!!!!!

i was going to wait for a price drop, but then i just saw that thing playing battefield 3 on remote play. does it play all ps3 games like that, or is that a hack?

how did you get uncharted for free is best buy running a promotion

Like plas said, it's a BB Canada promo. It was only offered to Reward Zone members.

i was going to wait for a price drop, but then i just saw that thing playing battefield 3 on remote play. does it play all ps3 games like that, or is that a hack?

People have been able to use a mod for the PS3 to enable Remote Play with more titles. Currently, Remote Play is a dud when it comes to playing PS3 games and people are speculating it will become more operational when it releases in NA.

Went ahead and PO'ed the 3G/Wifi first edition bundle from Gamestop. Its actually a gift from my GF for our 5 year anniversary, originally I wasn't gonna get it till later in the summer. Can't believe I'll have it on the 15th of this month, I'm so stoked.

the first edition bundle is a ripp off you only get a 4 gb car with it you should have preordereeed the 300 dollar 3g one that comes wit hthe 8gb card but you will have to wait till the 22nd for that one .

Its not a ripoff to me.....it comes with a case, memory card, a game and a free PSN game too and you get it a week early. My sisters buying her son a Vita on 22nd so I told her Id sell her my card and I'll probably go get the 8 or 16g.

It all comes down to how much value you feel being able to have the Vita one week early is worth.

I just canceled the Vita order I made months ago. I've been burned on launch models, software offerings and pricing for handhelds too many times in the past.

I'll get one eventually but I'm going to wait until it is worth it to do so.

I just canceled the Vita order I made months ago. I've been burned on launch models, software offerings and pricing for handhelds too many times in the past.

I'll get one eventually but I'm going to wait until it is worth it to do so.

Yep. And with the crazy price drop of the 3DS I'd definitely wait. I don't see myself getting a launch system anytime soon because of the recent hardware problems on everything including the 3DS.

Playstation Vita paid off along with Uncharted: Golden Abyss. get the game on 2/15 and the system on 2/22. Crazy way to do things.

Just got done playing this at my local bestbuy, this thing is sick. They didn't have any games to play but little deviants which had some cool controls. The system is a lot lighter than I anticipated, which is good if your gonna play for a extended period of time. The dual sticks feel great, much better then the one of the psp's. The overall feel of it is just awesome and just feels perfect in hand. Can't wait till next Wednesday to play Uncharted on it.

Im so torn I want to get one but iknow if I buy it now I will regret it cause if sales are not good for launch a price drop will be coming real quick.

From kojima's twitter:

d5r0f.jpg

Apparently the paper underneath the Vita is a script that contains new dialogue to be recorded for th vita version. Not sure what that entails.

Im so torn I want to get one but iknow if I buy it now I will regret it cause if sales are not good for launch a price drop will be coming real quick.

Then don't get one. If you feel that youre going to potentially regret the purchase, wait for the price drop -- especially if there isn't a game you need to play at launch. I just made the decision for you.

Last edited:
Back