Playstation Vita Discussion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Playstation Vita (formerly PSP2/NGP - $250)

From kojima's twitter:

d5r0f.jpg

Apparently the paper underneath the Vita is a script that contains new dialogue to be recorded for th vita version. Not sure what that entails.

Then don't get one. If you feel that youre going to potentially regret the purchase, wait for the price drop -- especially if there isn't a game you need to play at launch. I just made the decision for you.

Theres def games I want to play for it like uncharted and hotshots golf and i do think its going to be a great system I just wasent sure if Iwant to shell out 300 right away or wait for a price drop.

Who is offering the best bundle? I might have to pick one up with my tax return if I can swing it. I would love to get the Ninja Gaiden game and I am hoping for Monster Hunter.

So I'm deciding cancelling the order I have from Amazon. Should I wait until the 2nd generation for them to fix all the bugs in it ??? I'm SO conflicted.

So I'm deciding cancelling the order I have from Amazon. Should I wait until the 2nd generation for them to fix all the bugs in it ??? I'm SO conflicted.

what bugs do you speak of I havent heard anything bad from people that had them imported.

How often are you going to whip your Vita out to play a game? To me it's a no brainer. I just can't justify owning a hand held when all I do is sit on my couch if I'm not out. I would rather play a game on the big screen in full surround. If I traveled a ton or something it would be different maybe.

Yep. And with the crazy price drop of the 3DS I'd definitely wait. I don't see myself getting a launch system anytime soon because of the recent hardware problems on everything including the 3DS.

:lecture Maybe this time next year I'll venture out there and go with one. I'm still trying to find time to play anymore so another handheld will just sit on the toilet with possible 10-15 of playtime a day.

Anyone into the sports or fighting games? The SF demos look great. Also interested int he FIFA.:clap

:lecture Maybe this time next year I'll venture out there and go with one. I'm still trying to find time to play anymore so another handheld will just sit on the toilet with possible 10-15 of playtime a day.

That's what I'm talking about. :exactly:

Theres def games I want to play for it like uncharted and hotshots golf and i do think its going to be a great system I just wasent sure if Iwant to shell out 300 right away or wait for a price drop.

Don't get it. It doesn't seem like you want it enough to risk the $50 you might save who knows when. The way I see it, that's a couple weeks of buying Starbucks coffee and a night out with the gf or friends. I can swing it, and I assumed people who come to this board could too, since they're paying $200+ for toys every month.

Who is offering the best bundle? I might have to pick one up with my tax return if I can swing it. I would love to get the Ninja Gaiden game and I am hoping for Monster Hunter.

Unless you're in Canada, not many retail-specific bundles have been announced. I think by next week, places like Gamestop and Best Buy will start offering some stuff. Hopefully.

The thing has been out 2 months, no bugs significant bugs to speak of.

Anyway, more teases from Kojima's twitter:

MGS2/3 HD on Vita will utilize the rear touchpad. They're even recording new dialogue for Snake to tell you about it.
23qwf.jpg

23qwe.jpg

AND

a great vid demonstrating Cross-Game Party Chat on Vita:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vPVNN1pF-s&feature=g-u-u&context=G27e5476FUAAAAAAAAAA[/ame]

Last edited:

How often are you going to whip your Vita out to play a game? To me it's a no brainer. I just can't justify owning a hand held when all I do is sit on my couch if I'm not out. I would rather play a game on the big screen in full surround. If I traveled a ton or something it would be different maybe.

That's my argument for cancelling my order. I think I'm going to cancel it for the time being and later on down the line possibly get one.

Hopefully you guys kept your PSPs hahaha.

I don't own any PSP games, so none of this is of concern to me.

Went to my Gamestop to play the Vita and they had it mounted on a wall, under a plastic case, for DISPLAY PURPOSES ONLY

WOW, I am to purchase this device having just looked at it? I was pissed actually. Gamestop deleted my comment on FB within a minute of the post....At this point, SONY can kiss my ass

How is any of that a fault of Sony's? Go to Best Buy, they have their employees wearing the Vita around their necks like jewelry, waiting for you to play it.

There will not be a PSP-to-Vita UMD passport program for North America.

https://kotaku.com/5883089/sony-you-wont-be-able-to-bring-psp-discs-to-vita

Why does North America always get screwed over with things like this? Japan always gets features for things that we don't.

What a big "F-YOU" to North America buyers. At this point, I'm not buying a Vita until they provide the feature. If they don't, then I'll never get one. Promise.

Hopefully you guys kept your PSPs hahaha.

I don't own any PSP games, so none of this is of concern to me.

It's fine with me, I'm getting a Vita to play Vita games anyway, not retread my PSP titles.

I'm a sucker for new hardware and love a new system, but Ill wait until theres some more games Im interested in. It looks to be an awesome machine though.

Some Vita launch games (mostly first-party) are available to buy on PSN now, with 10% discount.

hRyjg.jpg

Uncharted $50 (3.2 GB) (no discount yet, lol)
Hot Shots (1.15 GB) $36 ($40 MSRP)
WipEout 2048 (1.6GB) $36 ($40 MSRP)
Super Stardust Delta (208 MB) $10 - PSN title
Modnation Racers Road trip (1.5 GB) $27 ($30 MSRP)

Also, there was a Vita firmware update today that added video capture, a map app, and Mac OSX support.

Last edited:

Some Vita launch games (mostly first-party) are available to buy on PSN now, with 10% discount.

hRyjg.jpg

Uncharted $50 (3.2 GB) (no discount yet, lol)
Hot Shots (1.15 GB) $36 ($40 MSRP)
WipEout 2048 (1.6GB) $36 ($40 MSRP)
Super Stardust Delta (208 MB) $10 - PSN title
Modnation Racers Road trip (1.5 GB) $27 ($30 MSRP)

Also, there was a Vita firmware update today that added video capture, a map app, and Mac OSX support.

the reason why those download vita games are cheaper than the cartridge base games is because sony wants you to fill those expensive memory cards quick and have to buy more Iread that the 8gb card only holds 4 downloadble vita games so iwill def be buying the cartridge games and not the download games.

Back