Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone play Heavenly Sword yet? I bought it but have not opened it yet. I have heard it's similar to God of War....which I absolutely love.

Anyone play Heavenly Sword yet? I bought it but have not opened it yet. I have heard it's similar to God of War....which I absolutely love.
I've played the demo, it's amazing, the gameplay and graphics are stunning.

If you don't want it, I'll buy it fom you! :D

I like to refer to it as 'Goddess of War' :rock

I've played the demo, it's amazing, the gameplay and graphics are stunning.

If you don't want it, I'll buy it fom you! :D

I like to refer to it as 'Goddess of War' :rock

Hehe, no I definitely want it now. Goddess of War- now that sounds f'n awesome! I will probably open it and play a little tonight!! :rock

damnit now you guys making me want to buy heavenly sword...:emperor

I read about that UT3 delay this morning. That sucks. I guess they have to iron out some problems with adapting the Unreal 3 engine to the PS3.

There has got to be some sort of price drop around Christmas so since UT3 isn't going to be ready before then, do I wait or just take advantage of the 2 extra blu-ray movies I can get from Amazon right now. I think that ends today. The 5 free dvds is still valid until the end of the year I believe.

I honestly don't think there will be a price drop for the PS3 around Christmas time. They just kind of had one with the release of the 80bg model and Sony knows during that time of year people are shop crazy and just buy to buy.

I bet their will be a new bundle with an extra controller and game. I would expect a price drop a few months after the Holiday season when sales really start to sag.

So I ordered a PS3 on Amazon tonight. :eek:

I just couldn't resist. I have to get 7 free bluray movies. Plus I bought one as well so I'll have 8 dvds. Although four of the 5 free mail away offer dvds I couldn't care less about. :lol

It kind of pisses me off that it only comes with a standard av cable rather than at least component cables. Well I guess I'm just going to have to hit up eBay for an hdmi cable and an optical audio cable. :rolleyes: :cuss

I read about that UT3 delay this morning. That sucks. I guess they have to iron out some problems with adapting the Unreal 3 engine to the PS3.

There has got to be some sort of price drop around Christmas so since UT3 isn't going to be ready before then, do I wait or just take advantage of the 2 extra blu-ray movies I can get from Amazon right now. I think that ends today. The 5 free dvds is still valid until the end of the year I believe.

Well, it's not absolute that it's delayed until 2008, just most likely. But at least the PC version is still on schedule, I'm planning on getting that version so I can make some mods, and hey, if the PS3 version is delayed then there'll be a good amount of mods already available for download by the time it comes out.

The $399 40GB PS3 is probably gonna get released next Wed, the 10th. No official word, but way too many rumours flying around for it to be all a dream.

The $399 40GB PS3 is probably gonna get released next Wed, the 10th. No official word, but way too many rumours flying around for it to be all a dream.

this is what im waiting for. if they break loose with that im totally gonna jump into he PS3 world. then i'll just wait for metal gear to come out .

So I ordered a PS3 on Amazon tonight. :eek:

I just couldn't resist. I have to get 7 free bluray movies. Plus I bought one as well so I'll have 8 dvds. Although four of the 5 free mail away offer dvds I couldn't care less about. :lol

It kind of pisses me off that it only comes with a standard av cable rather than at least component cables. Well I guess I'm just going to have to hit up eBay for an hdmi cable and an optical audio cable. :rolleyes: :cuss
Nice score!!

Out of curiosity, which 7 movies did you get? What are the 4 Mail Aways you couldn't care less about? :D

Dude, I bought an HDMI Cable on ebay for $7 and it works perfectly. My brother has a Monster HDMI cable he paid $100 for and we compared them, it was the same damn thing!

I have found that only over long runs will the quality of the cable come into play... at that we are talking over 20'

Nice score!!

Out of curiosity, which 7 movies did you get? What are the 4 Mail Aways you couldn't care less about? :D

Dude, I bought an HDMI Cable on ebay for $7 and it works perfectly. My brother has a Monster HDMI cable he paid $100 for and we compared them, it was the same damn thing!

Well the DVDs that I ordered from Amazon shipped today but not the PS3. I don't understand why since everything was listed in stock. :confused:

Yeah the cables are cheap on eBay, I'm not going to Best Buy for any of the $100 monster cables, that's for sure.

The two free ones I got with the system are Underworld:Evolution and PotC:Dead Man's Chest. Plus I also bought Underwold. :rock Kate Beckinsale :drool

The 5 free I'll have to mail in the form when the PS3 arrives buy my choices are...

Group A. No brainer, I took Pirates.

The Prestige
Wild Hogs
Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse Of The Black Pearl

Group B. Ejoyed them all but no desire to have them in my library

Swordfish
Superman
Full Metal Jacket

Group C. No desire to have any of these in my collection so Devil's Rejects wins

Stir of Echoes
American Psycho
The Devil's Rejects

Group D. Yawn. Will go either the Patriot or Ultraviolet.

The Patriot
S.W.A.T.
Ultraviolet

Group E. Worst group choice, I don't think I'll ever re-watch any of these.

Chain Reaction
Omen 666
Flight of the Phoenix
Species
Hart's War
The Last Waltz

Best Buy already has it in their systems, basically the same day of SM3 release.

Last edited:
Back