Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PS3

Heres some more lair screens for those awaiting it.(Factor 5 rules)Wish they would do another SW title.

lair-20070516063643600.jpg

lair-20070516063641115.jpg

lair-20070516063639631.jpg

lair-20070412062358479.jpg

Check out Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, Heavenly Sword and the new Ratchet and Clank game. They all look absolutley awesome! Personally, the end of this year will be one of the best for gaming ever.

I wish someone would make a new and definitive Alien vs Predator vs USCM game that has a kickass story and both FPS and third person functions (ala SOCOM) with g-mod (ala Red Faction), that ulitilizes all the PS3's capabilities. I'd buy one tomorrow.

Currently playing the Godfather game, I like it over the 360 version for some reason. Everything runs more smoothly, it's hard to describe but when you play, you'll notice.

Really looking forward to Ratchet & Clank and the Drakes Fortune game(s).

bagelsncheesey said:
Currently playing the Godfather game, I like it over the 360 version for some reason. Everything runs more smoothly, it's hard to describe but when you play, you'll notice.

Really looking forward to Ratchet & Clank and the Drakes Fortune game(s).

don't forget transformers the game comes out in june i think...that'll be cool to play..not groundbreaking but cool.

Rah Virginia Mil, btw.

I really hope they will release a G1 transformers game ala PS3's Musou Gundam. I have the Transformers Tatakai Game from PS2, cool if your a G1 Transfromers fan but the game play sucks balls

If anyone's interested in getting a 60GB PS3 anytime soon for the $500 price then you should know that the warehouse stock is empty and the retailers will no longer be getting in shipments, so what's there is it until it sells out at which time only the 80GB will be available, which may or may not go down to the $500 price.

I was looking forward to Heavenly Sword too and it was given a 7.0 from IGN. Oh well at least I can play Halo 3 and Metroid. I will just have to wait for Metal Gear.

But hey, Unreal Tournament 3 is coming out first for PS3 and that game is going to kick some major *** check the walkthroughs on gametrailers.com theres a crazy vehicle that's a ball with long legs attached to it and you drive it around as the legs flail around pushing you along, it's amazing.

That's coming out on Xbox 360 too though, so it's not special. UT3 is only minorly special to PS3 owners because they've got a timed exclusive, they're delaying the Xbox version until next year so that it'll be on PS3 longer (although I'll be getting it for PC which is coming at the same time as PS3)

If anyone's interested in getting a 60GB PS3 anytime soon for the $500 price then you should know that the warehouse stock is empty and the retailers will no longer be getting in shipments, so what's there is it until it sells out at which time only the 80GB will be available, which may or may not go down to the $500 price.

Latest I heard from G4 TV is that the newer PS3 units will NOT be backward compatible with PS2 games.

Maybe not that big a deal in the future but right now the best games for the PS3 are PS2 ones.

What the change is is that in the 60Gb and 20Gb versions it had it in the hardware for backwards compatibility, but in the 80GB one the only support is in software which severely limits it (essentially doing away with it all together) but it is written on the box that it has limited backwards compatibility. Although that doesn't matter to me anyway.

Back