Playstation 3 Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can someone explain to me how the bluetooth headsets work on this?? i have it turned on and i registered it on the system and everything. is there a display icon on screen somewhere that show's it is connected with the system?? i tried playing online last night and couldnt get it working so im clueless.

Okay, I couldn't decide whether to get Ratatouille in standard def or to hold off until I got an HD player, so I bought a 80 GB PS3 just to put myself out of the HD agony.

So what's the absolute best, must have game for the PS3? I like Doom, Castle Wolfenstein and strategy games such as Caesar and Civilization, and I'm a big WoW player. But the original Spiderman game was beyond me - the controls were too hard to learn.

So what game(s) should I get that are out now and are specific to the PS3?

Okay, I couldn't decide whether to get Ratatouille in standard def or to hold off until I got an HD player, so I bought a 80 GB PS3 just to put myself out of the HD agony.

So what's the absolute best, must have game for the PS3? I like Doom, Castle Wolfenstein and strategy games such as Caesar and Civilization, and I'm a big WoW player. But the original Spiderman game was beyond me - the controls were too hard to learn.

If you like Doom/Wolfenstein then you must get Resistance: Fall of Man.

Call of Duty 4 just came out.

There's also Warhawk, Heavenly Sword (with Andy Serkis doing some characters). Rachet and Clank just came out. Make sure to look at reviews to decide on stuff. Gametrailers.com has some video reviews that are helpful if you want to know about stuff in a video form.

Everyone was talking about Call of Duty 4 at E3. Ratchet and Clank is supposed to be great but it's a platformer.

For the record, I'm a big Doom fan but don't like Resistance Fall of Man. At least the Demo I downloaded anyway.

For the record, I'm a big Doom fan but don't like Resistance Fall of Man. At least the Demo I downloaded anyway.

its OK at best. i like it because its longer than most FPS games i've played. i dont really like heavenly sword that much because i just couldn't get into the gameplay... and it seemed too darn short.

I saw a kid playing Guitar Hero III in the store and it looked great and not too complicated. But I couldn't find a version for PS3, only for PS2. Will it work with the software emulation P2 compatibility?

I saw a kid playing Guitar Hero III in the store and it looked great and not too complicated. But I couldn't find a version for PS3, only for PS2. Will it work with the software emulation P2 compatibility?

Not if you've got the 40GB version ;)

But I'd guess if you have one of the other PS3's with backwards compatibility it would work. But that's kind of a step down since the PS2 version would have worse graphics..

It's a really fun game though, I've been playing the Xbox 360 Demo and it's great. Although the Hard and Expert difficulties really are hard. But there's a certain pleasure that you get from actually being able to do the solos.

The did release a PS3 version and I think it's only ten bucks more than the PS2. If you're hooked up to an HDTV then I would go for the PS3 copy. (I like the PS3 guitar better, too.)

I have Guitar Hero III for the PS3 and it's great! :rock

Actually the only reason I got it for the PS3 not 360 is because I didn't have any games for the PS3 yet. It's loads of fun for the whole family. In regards to playing GH2 on the PS3, although the game will work, the guitar won't because the PS2 guitar doesn't have the little PS3 power button.

From what I've heard on G4, I don't think the 80Gig version has the backward compatability either.

Well that sucks. :monkey2:monkey2 That was one of the features I liked about the PS2 (though I don't play regular PS1 games anymore, but I did when the PS2 came out.) I have a ton of PS2 games.....guess my idea of selling my console to help pay for a PS3 isn't going to happen. Now I'm going to have to hang on to the PS2....there is no way I'm getting rid of my God of War games! :lol

The first gen PS3s all have the backwards compatability. So if you can find one on eBay or somewhere, your plan might still work.

I know what you mean. One of the reasons I got the PS3 after the first price drop was because my old PS2 crapped out on me right around when God of War dropped and I wanted to play them. Come to think of it, I've still only played PS2 games on my PS3. God of War, Katamari 1 & 2, Rachet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal, Bully... Nope, no PS3 games.

I really want the PS3 to succeed, but I'm not impressed by the current crop of titles out there. It's underwhelming.

The only games off the top of my head that interest me are Mario Galaxy (any A-quality Nintendo games) and some of the FPS/sports games on the 360. Though the PS3 has much the same sports titles, graphically they're barely any better than the 360 versions.

About the backwards compatibility issue, the new 40GB lacks any form of it, and the 80 uses software emulation, which is updatable through firmware, but far from perfect. It is the 'old' 60GB model that has hardware compatibility.

Before I forget to ask, do the controllers have rumble now?

Back