pics of the predator maquette stan winston?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
after watching the movie for the 100000000000000000000000 time the color of sideshow is dead on.
cinemaquette looks nice and all but it looks faded off yellowish.

any how I will be getting both !!

They are both amazing statues of the predator.

I actually want the 1:1 scale predator that is at STAN WINSTON STUDIOS LOL.
Check this link and look for the pics of the display ROOM! Just amazing !
https://www.stanwinstonstudio.com/home.html
this is an amzing page check it out

imo cm bersion looks better to me. the SS one seems a little out of proportion, its got massive hips and thighs.( is that how the costume was?):confused:

Supposedly the SS version is and I quote "Started with scanned data reduced in size from the 1:1 scale original on display at Stan Winston Studios". So I'd say the SS version is a pretty accurate likeness. They are both awesome pieces, but I like the alternate Biohelmeted head with the SS Exclusive.

Last edited:
The one below is the Cinemaquette Version right?! I love this one!

cinem1.jpg

I have the Sideshow exclusive, and would never part with it. Masked version is my preferred display mode.

The CM Predator looks a step up, which you would expect for an estimated double the SS original sale value ($1000 versus $2000).

Whether its twice as impressive is debatable.

I will certainly purchase the CM, but the fragile look of the piece worries me, with CM's track record for damaged items and poor customer service.

Having just bought the CM T-800, I'm stunned by the detail and CM's artistry.
Just praying they pack this thing faultlessly, as it should be almost indestructible at $2000 - $2500 cost.

I have the Sideshow exclusive, and would never part with it. Masked version is my preferred display mode.

The CM Predator looks a step up, which you would expect for an estimated double the SS original sale value ($1000 versus $2000).

Whether its twice as impressive is debatable.

I will certainly purchase the CM, but the fragile look of the piece worries me, with CM's track record for damaged items and poor customer service.

Having just bought the CM T-800, I'm stunned by the detail and CM's artistry.
Just praying they pack this thing faultlessly, as it should be almost indestructible at $2000 - $2500 cost.
Yea CM are doing some pretty incredible thing but yeaa at a price of 2500 It better get to me in an ARMORED CAR with out any flaws.

:lol :lol :lol

Although the CM predator is undoubtedly a masterpiece there are some things to complain about.

1 The exaggerated fleshy mouth area, it is not like that in the film. The SC is more authentic in this respect.

2 The shape of the skull seems to be more in accord with predator2, the orginal predator had a skull that was somewhat more dome-like. You can really see the fault when you own (like i do) the much more accurate SC 1:1 predator bust.

3 It is to yellowish, the chest and stomach area of the original predator are much closer to ivory/broken white. Again, the SC is much more authentic in this respect. I have also seen blue eyes on the CM in some pictures????

4 They missed out again to create the perfect pose for the predator. We all know that the perfect pose would be the threatening battle roar just after he takes of his mask. Kevin Peter Hall borrowed this from the masai warriors, i think it was called a lion ritual or something.

conclusion: Although somewhat inferior in craft the SC still looks more authentic and i would prefer the SC.

Compare the promo shots, where both pieces are painted in full glory. I must say the SC version wins in these pics. Also compare the skull, the SC has the right shaped skull.

cinem3.jpg

7143_press03-001.jpg

Last edited:
That's a very interesting analysis 8th wonder and I agree with every single point of it. However, there's still something I like more about the CM and I cannot say what. I guess it just looks more bad ass to me :D

Not to put down your observations 8th Wonder (most of them are very valid), but those are very minimal reasons for me to pass on the CM in favor of the SSC. The pose on the CM is better (not perfect but much better than the SSC) and you'll get a 1/3 head sculpt with mixed media for the dreads by Mr Wang. Great option for people that don't care to spend the $1000 on the 1:1.

Not to put down your observations 8th Wonder (most of them are very valid), but those are very minimal reasons for me to pass on the CM in favor of the SSC. The pose on the CM is better (not perfect but much better than the SSC) and you'll get a 1/3 head sculpt with mixed media for the dreads by Mr Wang. Great option for people that don't care to spend the $1000 on the 1:1.

Where did you read about the CM's dreads being mixed media??

Do you guys know if CM ship worldwide? Any idea how much the Predator would cost to Europe?

Where did you read about the CM's dreads being mixed media??

They are not part of the sculpt. Like the 1:1 Bio helmet from HCG, they will be individually put in the sculpt which makes the piece a bit more "real". No idea what material they are using to make them (rubber, foam, etc).

54l4tj7.jpg

They are not part of the sculpt. Like the 1:1 Bio helmet from HCG, they will be individually put in the sculpt which makes the piece a bit more "real". No idea what material they are using to make them (rubber, foam, etc).

The SS maquette dreads are separate pieces too though so I don't know how that make it an more "real" as you put it, unless it is a softer material than the SS dreads.

Looking forward to the CM, but it could be quite a wait!!!

CM displayed next to my masked SC version, that will look quite something!!

Epic.

I saw the CM version at SDCC and it's awesome. If someone were to give me a choice of either one, I would take the CM over Sideshow. That being said, if I had to pay for it, I wouldn't pay extra for the CM version. I do own the Sideshow regular version and it is simply awesome. Maybe the best piece Sideshow has ever sold.

I will say that one of the first impressions I had of the CM version when I saw it in person was that the head looked abnormally large. Whether it is or isn't I don't know but that was one of my first thoughts.

quickk question???? where might one expect to pre-order the CM Predator? i have started to save up for this piece. hopefully i may get an answer from a savy board member..

quickk question???? where might one expect to pre-order the CM Predator? i have started to save up for this piece. hopefully i may get an answer from a savy board member..

When it comes to CM it always pays off to order direct. These things are just too expensive to have to deal with a dealer if something is wrong.

https://www.cinemaquette.com/cgi-bin/cinemaquette/index.html?id=A6QrCSkV&mv_pc=53

I don't expect the CM Predator to go on sale until 2009. They have yet to put up Indiana Jones for order since Jack Sparrow was just released. You have plenty of time to save.

Back