Official TONY SOPRANO- James Gandolfini by z3101172 thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Received my today and I'm wow'd. Z's got some awesome skin tones happening - I'll certainly be getting all futures sculpts by him painted as well.

Glad you liked it mate,
I am trying to improve with each paint up, as well as my sculpting
thanks

z, I gotta ask, is there a chance you may sculpt up any other characters?

Christopher would be an easy bash with those track suits on ebay. I wouldn't mind Paulie, Silvio, or Big _____ either.

Can't wait to see your John McClane bro.

I definetly want to do the rest of the gang, but its quite a bit of work,
I will try to do them when I finish up a few other sculpts,
In any case, I would even make them for my self if not enough people want it, Tony is pretty lonely there in my cabinet
cheers~

Latest WIP, jacket not final.

PICT0367.jpg

PICT0383.jpg

looking very sharp man! Is that Z's paint job? it rocks?

the jacket looks good.... maybe paint it black? his jackets were more black than brown.

Also looks like his pants make his legs look super skinny, try and nab some godfather pants if you can.... they work amazing, i just used a bit of good off to remove the shimy stripe on the sides

agree with the other reccomendations but i agree it looks awesome! Im really having a rough time trying to find an appropriate jacket for T, what are the rest of you guys doing for yours?

Used a Soldier Story fatsuit, had to tape it off around the waist line where the pants rest on the stomach becaus the lower portion would fit in the pants. Then I cut and trimmed the lower stuff down and retaped and shaped the stomach. It was a pain in the ass but worked out well.

The legs do look skinny in that pic but I've adjusted the pants and they sit better now, will also try and add the Hot Toys thigh thickeners when I get some.

Probably too late to do anything for the neck, its glued onto the post. But the jacket will be completely replace for a more accurate one.

Looking good;)

I would have the same crticisms though shorten the neck if you can jacket black legs fatter and give him a slice of pizza;)
Head sculpt is very cool might have to invest.
I have ordered another cheaper one and see how that looks first.

Have got a fat suit already and fat pants in the post,plus a few different outfits I'm considering.
Will post my version sometime soon;)

Z I got the head today and I have to say what a GREAT job you did on him the paint job is fantastic. Will post pic's when I'm finish with him.

Last edited:
Heres my tony soprano wip head sculpt isn't great but best I can afford for now.

100_3070.jpg

100_3074.jpg

Loving z's sculpt and inspired me to put this figure together, can't wait to see what other sopranos characters you make;)

hey guys so last night while searching for a suitable jacket for my brother i actually came across the same jacket as mine! (DECKARD I'm talking to YOU buddy ;) )

Turns out it is a Conor Mcleod from Highlander jacket. We were lucky to score it parted out on toyanxiety for 10 bucks!

https://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_092605a.htm

Keep in mind i painted mine black. Still the best Tony type jacket out there right now i think.

picture12nm.png

Of course if you're really desperate you can get the thing in it's whole for about 40 bucks....

Still need to get my head all painted up... my brother's gonna have his done before me... bastard.

amazing jacket buddy, it is without doubt the best one i have seen for Tony

I think Boot would make a stunning job of that sculpt :)

Awesome Ray, I was going to sell my Tony but now I may just hang onto him.

What kind of paint did you use?

Back