Tyler Durden Red Sunglasses Project CANCELLED! Request refund now

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Petition:Tyler Durden Red Sunglasses.

Search 1:6 Oliver peoples on ebay a few members me included have these for our Tylers and they look great in hand as well..if anyone is still looking for Tyler glasses

Sweet I just pulled the trigger on them. I missed out on the last bunch he made. That dude has made some pretty cool custom parts. Those metal wolverine claws are sick. I almost bought them and I don't even own or plan to own a wolverine.

Mods, please close the thread.
Agreed, this thread is dead. I'm done.

Official WGP Announcement

As you all know we have had the glasses in are possession for a long time but the issue is finding a caster that can cast in this small size and produce a quality transparent product.
As Sean said we have looked for quotes and tested casters but have still found nothing up to the quality needed.

There is another option, they are the same people who casted the dome helmets used in the film Prometheus so we know they have the skill but this will come down to the what they charge.

Once we have talked to these casters we will be able to let everyone know the fate of this project.

It seems as though someone was able to make them.

Cost has a big factor in this project, if we charged the same amount as the other option this would have been already made.

At this point i'm not sure i'm ready to wait more. This thread was created on march 2011.

At this point i'm not sure i'm ready to wait more. This thread was created on march 2011.

Wow that long :horror I have only been helping out WGP since summer last year so had no idea.

Tbh if this is given the go ahead i will make a new interest thread to see if this will be viable. No disrespect to Remy but but we have no idea what numbers we will be looking at now.

I have a quote from these new people but as i expected it is expensive so i will pass this on to Sean and Rick and they will see what them want to do.

Wow that long :horror I have only been helping out WGP since summer last year so had no idea.

Tbh if this is given the go ahead i will make a new interest thread to see if this will be viable. No disrespect to Remy but but we have no idea what numbers we will be looking at now.

I have a quote from these new people but as i expected it is expensive so i will pass this on to Sean and Rick and they will see what them want to do.

Pete, go ahead and start a new Interest thread.
I really dont want anything to do with this project anymore.
MODS...PLEASE CLOSE THE THREAD!

Yea I got my refund for 2 pair a few weeks ago.

Definately don't close the thread until everyone gets their money back.

Ok, i have updated the title as well, and will put this up on sticky so those who have sent deposits are aware of the cancellation

We didn't take more than five payments before we started having problems then stopped. For refunds for those few we took payments from, just PM me your Paypal transaction numbers please.

After long discussion with other WGP members we have decided this project will be abandoned.

Although the glasses have already been sculpted, printed and sent to multiple casters none have delivered the quality needed.
The only option we could find would have required us to gain bigger numbers with a higher price just to break even.
As we thought this would aggravate people more we have come to the decision to halt the project.

Abandoning a project is something that we never want to do but rest assured that we have a better grasp on the engineering involved in figure making and will not take on a project again without production already planned out.

If anyone is still needed a refund please contact Rick (william shatners toupee) then mods please close the thread.

We didn't take more than five payments before we started having problems then stopped. For refunds for those few we took payments from, just PM me your Paypal transaction numbers please.

ok, please post the 5 email refunds that you have already sent back once you are done with it, and I'll close the thread for good.:wave

After long discussion with other WGP members we have decided this project will be abandoned.

Although the glasses have already been sculpted, printed and sent to multiple casters none have delivered the quality needed.
You guys could be a beast of a 1/6 scale custom shop if you could only get those casting problems worked out. Just being honest with you, but the delays and difficulties WGP has run into with casting for different projects makes me a lot less interested than I otherwise would be in WGP stuff. The sculpts are always awesome, but of course, that's only one factor at play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back