OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2010 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
...if promo shirts have to be one size only (probably XL) due to reasons beyond our control at this time, would you still want that instead of a 'one-size-fits-all' type of item (ala the horror apron...would you rather go back to the one-size shirt type of item, or think of new 'one-size-fits-all' wearable items for future kits (like hats...or seat cushions :lol)

I never really wear my t-shirts... just collect them (sorry Carl :nana:)... so it really doesn't matter to me about the size so much, although it would be nice to get an XXL every once in a while.

Having said that, I actually prefer the "off-the-wall" stuff that would never probably be created for anything other than Spook! But mostly, I like things like key chains, flash drives, mugs, etc... stuff you can actually use after Spook is over... not that I every use the stuff... just collect them (sorry Carl :nana:)... :rotfl

I don't wear that kind of thing to bed. I usually sleep...well, you don't want to know how I sleep, right? So, moving on...

I want one to wear out of the house. Showing off sideshow is fun too. People see it and go...what is sideshowcollectibles? Then go home and look it up and are like..
. :thud: :rock2

I'm happily married to a wonderful girl... I could care less how you sleep. :wink1::)

I, like many of the folks here, attend shows every once and a while, so a nice SSC lanyard might be cool. Better than the silly ones given at the different shows.

I'm happily married to a wonderful girl... I could care less how you sleep. :wink1::)

lukeskywalker.jpg

I care.

I wear a medium or maybe a large, so a shirt that was around XL or bigger probably wouldn't fit me very well. The sweatshirt and catalog from last year were both awesome. If there was a catalog in it this year, I would definitely have picked it up, but without it, I'm still not sure if I'll pick it up or not.

Okay here's a question for consideration and fun (since that's what this thread is about)...if promo shirts have to be one size only (probably XL) due to reasons beyond our control at this time, would you still want that instead of a 'one-size-fits-all' type of item (ala the horror apron...which, by the way, I could see coming in very handy during the event - never have to waste time changing your clothes because the apron will protect you from all your spills while sitting in front of the computer :lol)

We've seen a lot of complaining about the sizing of the shirts/sweatshirts over the past few years, so took that into consideration in the creation of this year's kit...would you rather go back to the one-size shirt type of item, or think of new 'one-size-fits-all' wearable items for future kits (like hats...or seat cushions :lol)

I wear a medium and despite the fact that I won't wear the apron, my gf will.

I always thought it was ridiculous that one-size-fit items were always XL - why must it always be the largest common denominator? I shouldn't have to grow 6 inches and gain 100 lbs to fit into something cool that isn't offered in smaller sizes. I'm not trying to offend anyone, just throwing out my 2 cents.

I bought the kit because I enjoy stuff like this - but it could have been better. I'm down with the oven mitt idea or seat cushion or anything that is neat that isn't an XL or an XXL...

~LoA

I don't mean to distract from the discussion in this thread, but in case anyone hasn't been following the unofficial t-shirt project thread, we're almost ready to submit our order for Spook '10 shirts. If you are interested, please check out that thread and let me know asap.

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82028

And now back to our regularly scheduled Spook chat... :D

How about a cool designed blanket?, maybe a snuggie :lol,scarf,and like was mentioned a oven mit, stuff like that most ppl will actually use on a given day. Forget the shirts/sweaters. Every Spook kit should include the Sideshow art book/catalog like last year, every Spook kit starting next year! Nothing in this years kit is at all interesting to me.

Okay here's a question for consideration and fun (since that's what this thread is about)...if promo shirts have to be one size only (probably XL) due to reasons beyond our control at this time, would you still want that instead of a 'one-size-fits-all' type of item (ala the horror apron...which, by the way, I could see coming in very handy during the event - never have to waste time changing your clothes because the apron will protect you from all your spills while sitting in front of the computer :lol)

We've seen a lot of complaining about the sizing of the shirts/sweatshirts over the past few years, so took that into consideration in the creation of this year's kit...would you rather go back to the one-size shirt type of item, or think of new 'one-size-fits-all' wearable items for future kits (like hats...or seat cushions :lol)

First, thanks for asking Dusty! This is what makes sideshow such a great company! :clap

I wouldn't mind a sweatshirt, t-shirt, or something wearable other than an apron. I missed the kit last year...got to the party just a little too late. A baseball cap or stocking hat wouldn't be bad either.

FWIW, XL is perfect. Other clubs and things I've belonged to always give out L, which then gets placed into the charity pile. I know most people don't fit the XL, but for me it was a huge bonus when I got my free XL spook shirt from SDCC.

One more thing....please include a MORTSEATCUSHION next year (preferably filled with TROUTDIAMONDS)!

If anyone has the T-shirts from the first two Spook kits (or even the full kits) they would like to sell, please let me know as I would really like to get them.

Ah crap... BANweeweeOUNTS unite!

Ah crap... keeping up with this thread is impossible. (I just read for like an hour.)

Here's my Spook 2010 suggestion. Spook to me is all about hangin' with the pals in chat and the friendships and fun. So.... what about this....?

How an insanely difficult contest - akin to the thing Verizon just did for the R2 Droid reveal (seriously something that would take DAYS and DAYS to conquer and require real intelligence/diligence) - that we all have to team up together to solve/win? Instead of one prize for one person... if we solve the contest then Sideshow donates a prize pack to a charity of our choice or something neat like that.

My point being... we all work together for something other than winning something for our own shelves.

Too lame?

I don't think that sounds lame at all. In fact, I think it would be something Sideshow could really get behind. It might be too late to get something like that organized for this Spook, but for next year? Definitely!

Maybe they could set it up so that we compete as teams, and each team is competing for a different team-selected charity.

Ah crap... BANweeweeOUNTS unite!

Ah crap... keeping up with this thread is impossible. (I just read for like an hour.)

Here's my Spook 2010 suggestion. Spook to me is all about hangin' with the pals in chat and the friendships and fun. So.... what about this....?

How an insanely difficult contest - akin to the thing Verizon just did for the R2 Droid reveal (seriously something that would take DAYS and DAYS to conquer and require real intelligence/diligence) - that we all have to team up together to solve/win? Instead of one prize for one person... if we solve the contest then Sideshow donates a prize pack to a charity of our choice or something neat like that.

My point being... we all work together for something other than winning something for our own shelves.

Too lame?

I, as well as others, do this every Spook, helping out newbies. True it doesn't go to charity, it goes to them if they win it. The team thing wouldn't really be fair to people who have, say, both team members working long hours at odd jobs, etc., vs. two deadbeat kids who ditch class for Spook. There's also all the time zones to consider too. It's a logistical headache. :lol

Back