OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2010 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, I got a little drunk last night a took some nude photos with Bossk. Don't let Dennis know!!

Click at your own risk...

Spoiler Spoiler:

Can't put pics in Spoiler tags...

Admiral-Ackbar-trap.jpg

Okay here's a question for consideration and fun (since that's what this thread is about)...if promo shirts have to be one size only (probably XL) due to reasons beyond our control at this time, would you still want that instead of a 'one-size-fits-all' type of item (ala the horror apron...which, by the way, I could see coming in very handy during the event - never have to waste time changing your clothes because the apron will protect you from all your spills while sitting in front of the computer :lol)

We've seen a lot of complaining about the sizing of the shirts/sweatshirts over the past few years, so took that into consideration in the creation of this year's kit...would you rather go back to the one-size shirt type of item, or think of new 'one-size-fits-all' wearable items for future kits (like hats...or seat cushions :lol)

Okay here's a question for consideration and fun (since that's what this thread is about)...if promo shirts have to be one size only (probably XL) due to reasons beyond our control at this time, would you still want that instead of a 'one-size-fits-all' type of item (ala the horror apron...which, by the way, I could see coming in very handy during the event - never have to waste time changing your clothes because the apron will protect you from all your spills while sitting in front of the computer :lol)

We've seen a lot of complaining about the sizing of the shirts/sweatshirts over the past few years, so took that into consideration in the creation of this year's kit...would you rather go back to the one-size shirt type of item, or think of new 'one-size-fits-all' wearable items for future kits (like hats...or seat cushions :lol)

Dusty:

How about a Sideshow scarf? We'd be able to use it soon after Spook and it's "one size fits all." Or is that a stupid idea?

I'd prefer going back to t-shirts. I still bought the kit just because Sideshow rocks, but don't see myself wearing the apron. I will most likely give it to mom, LOL. I would of paid a bit extra to for a shirt or perhaps a beanie (for snowboarding season).

SSC seat cushion sounds funny.

T-shirt size doesnt matter to me. XL is fine. Its a liitle small for me but my nieces usually take my shirts like that.

As for this years kit I may or may not pick it up. I dont care for the Apron but the Decoder mask looks cool. Does the kit qualify for a Reward Points purchase?

I can never fully enjoy the kit because of the sizes. I need a small (sometimes xs depending on the shirt). So I would not be okay with a one-size.

VA, I love your scarf idea.

Last edited:
Does the kit qualify for a Reward Points purchase?

You will earn points on it like with all purchases. See the little blue box in the item description: Coupons, Reward Points, and discounts cannot be redeemed on purchases of this item; however, Sideshow Reward Points will be earned from this purchase.

I can never fully enjoy the kit because of the sizes. I need a small (sometimes xs depending on the shirt). So I would not be okay with a one-size.

VA, I love your scarf idea.

Thanks Buffy. :1-1: The more I think about it the more I realize it would be a cool item to put in the kit. If they wanted to keep it related to Spook, the Dead logo with the long finger trails and bloody palm would look perfect on a scarf.

I don't like getting a kit only to turn over the cool shirt to my wife because it doesn't fit. :( She's got a fantastic collection of Sideshow shirts now (which she seldom wears) and I have only one XXL that I picked up from the site. I like to see you guys continue to be creative. The apron, while not for some, was a nice alternative. Caps, scarfs, mousepads, wrist bands, bracelets (the rubber ones), bandannas, phone cases, etc., are also nice alternatives and promote Sideshow/Spook in much the same way.

Shirt is good but I think the one size works better with a hooded sweatshirt instead.

A bean bag Mort is a great idea----
And I wear XL---so either way is cool

MORTBAG!!!!! :rock2 :clap

You bet your a$$ I clicked. Disappointed. :tap

I have a feeling he hears that a lot :nana:

I like the idea of the apron, or the scarf or something, purely because shirts and stuff are usually a big size, and are waayy too big for me. Still, even if it was too big, would make a nice little souvenir.

One-size-only VS one-size-fits all item sounds like another one of those "you win some, you lose some" situations... we do always like to include one 'wearable' item, so maybe we'll think about including 2 in future kits... of course that would also raise the price - ah, those dang catch-22s :(

One-size-only VS one-size-fits all item sounds like another one of those "you win some, you lose some" situations... we do always like to include one 'wearable' item, so maybe we'll think about including 2 in future kits... of course that would also raise the price - ah, those dang catch-22s :(

Thing is Dusty, had it been something I could wear (fit into) I would have no issue purchasing. Even if the price goes up slightly. But in 2007, when I bought my first kit. The kit was only $12 and we got a shirt and an awesome mug. The apron, while a neat idea, I would NEVER use. And I don't use water cannisters, though, that one was wicked cool. So this years kit was just not for me. If we got a shirt or hoodie I could fit into, I'm there. ORR a scarf, that was an awesome idea. I would use that baby every day. No size issues there. Apron's are usually too long for me and I always have to cut them and re-sew. So I just stopped getting them all together.

Personally, I like the off the wall items like the apron (or a seat cushion :monkey3 ). It's creative and more representative of the looniness that is Spooktacular.

I do love my Spook shirts (and I still think the ICFB shirt should've been glow-in-the-dark :tap ), I wear them every October, and I wouldn't mind getting some more, but I think I'd rather get oddball items like aprons if given the choice.

You really can't please 'em all. The only way you really could would be to split it into two or three kits:

1) Kit with shirt
2) Kit with oddball item
3) Elite kit with both (and maybe another special surprise :monkey3 )

The elite kit would obviously be more expensive, but the people who want it all should understand that it comes at a price.

P.S. - My favorite Spook kit item ever was the hoodie. I was shocked by the thickness and high quality considering it was a promo item.

Back