OFFICIAL SPOOKTACULAR 2010 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a team of 1...

The Eye has spoken...

:rotfl

I guess I'm practicing my getting up every two hours during the night routine already. Thanks puppy...

Holy ____ swabs, that's a great idea! :rock

For those who don't know, what Swabs is referring to is the @DroidLanding Twitter page: https://twitter.com/#!/droidlanding

I'm not sure what the game genre is called, but I've seen other companies do similar games in the past. The idea is to incrementally post vague clues pointing to real life places, getting more precise as time goes on until there is a winner. Repeat for a new "landing spot".

The only problem is that it would require a Sideshow rep to be present at the "landing spots". Since Sideshow only has "reps" in California and wherever Chris is (NY?), they would either need to hire temps :monkey4 or recruit some volunteers who they can trust to keep their lips tight.

That would be sooooooooo fun. And for the record, I'd volunteer. :hi5:

Anyone around here from Germany? I need help with an ebay auction for a guy that won't ship to the US.
Please let me know if you are willing to help. Need someone to buy it, have it shipped to them and then ship it to me in the US.
It's not a Sideshow item or a statue or anything. It's something for the wife for Christmas.
If you know of any Germany Freaks please let me know. Thanks.

One-size-only VS one-size-fits all item sounds like another one of those "you win some, you lose some" situations... we do always like to include one 'wearable' item, so maybe we'll think about including 2 in future kits... of course that would also raise the price - ah, those dang catch-22s :(

I prefer the shirts....then again I'm an XL. How about providing two different Spook kits? A two Tier version, a basic spook kit like this year's and then one at a higher pricepoint that has a shirt, and other swag that would have initially raised the original price?

If I were planning this year's Spook kit I would have gone:
  • Mort Zombie Decoder Mask
  • Spooktacular 2010 T-Shirt the design would be a hand bursting from a grave holding a keyboard
  • Hourglass Pubhouse Pint Glass
  • EGAD Vinyl Figure
  • Mort of the Dead #2 Comic
  • Help Wanted Movie poster similar to the "It Collects from Beyond" one
  • Movie poster for whatever the media "film" will be for this year so someone could have a set from the last three
  • Sideshow Catalog volume 12

but then again Sideshow doesn't ask me. :lol

its all about variation. a t shirt every year is silly. how many black tshirts does one need?

i like what you're doing now, change it up every year... apron, hoodie, hat, bar towel, oven mit, scarf, beenie, etc. keep keeping it fresh.

Ah crap... BANweeweeOUNTS unite!

Ah crap... keeping up with this thread is impossible. (I just read for like an hour.)

Here's my Spook 2010 suggestion. Spook to me is all about hangin' with the pals in chat and the friendships and fun. So.... what about this....?

How an insanely difficult contest - akin to the thing Verizon just did for the R2 Droid reveal (seriously something that would take DAYS and DAYS to conquer and require real intelligence/diligence) - that we all have to team up together to solve/win? Instead of one prize for one person... if we solve the contest then Sideshow donates a prize pack to a charity of our choice or something neat like that.

My point being... we all work together for something other than winning something for our own shelves.

Too lame?

Not a bad idea, but I must confess that I haven't been paying attention to the Droid R2-D2 stuff - is there a site that summarizes what was done / how it was done?

I liked the spook kit this year and it's the first time I've ordered one in awhile. T-shirts are nice - but they rarely ever fit me and I just end up giving them away. An apron I might actually use. :)

I prefer the shirts....then again I'm an XL. How about providing two different Spook kits? A two Tier version, a basic spook kit like this year's and then one at a higher pricepoint that has a shirt, and other swag that would have initially raised the original price?

If I were planning this year's Spook kit I would have gone:
  • Mort Zombie Decoder Mask
  • Spooktacular 2010 T-Shirt the design would be a hand bursting from a grave holding a keyboard
  • Hourglass Pubhouse Pint Glass
  • EGAD Vinyl Figure
  • Mort of the Dead #2 Comic
  • Help Wanted Movie poster similar to the "It Collects from Beyond" one
  • Movie poster for whatever the media "film" will be for this year so someone could have a set from the last three
  • Sideshow Catalog volume 12

but then again Sideshow doesn't ask me. :lol

:goodpost:
I REALLY like this idea, the t shirt and the idea of the vinyl Egad is too cool.

Not a bad idea, but I must confess that I haven't been paying attention to the Droid R2-D2 stuff - is there a site that summarizes what was done / how it was done?
For those who don't know, what Swabs is referring to is the @DroidLanding Twitter page: https://twitter.com/#!/droidlanding

I'm not sure what the game genre is called, but I've seen other companies do similar games in the past. The idea is to incrementally post vague clues pointing to real life places, getting more precise as time goes on until there is a winner. Repeat for a new "landing spot".

The only problem is that it would require a Sideshow rep to be present at the "landing spots". Since Sideshow only has "reps" in California and wherever Chris is (NY?), they would either need to hire temps :monkey4 or recruit some volunteers who they can trust to keep their lips tight.

That would be sooooooooo fun. And for the record, I'd volunteer. :hi5:

Also, there is a brief explanation after the massive pic of the full rules here: https://www.droid-life.com/2010/07/07/official-droidlanding-droid-x-scavenger-hunt-rules/

3. How to Participate in the Promotion and Claim a Prize: During the Promotion Period, there will be a Scavenger Hunt, where 21 Certificates for a free Droid Phone will be hidden across the country. Clues as to where the 21 Droid Certificates (“Certificates”) will be hidden will be tweeted on a regular basis from @DroidLanding. To view the tweets, visit https://www.twitter.com/droidlanding. Dates and times of Certificate placement will vary, but the final clue of each GPS location for each Certificate will be tweeted at the time it is hidden. Participants will have 4 hours from the time of the posting of the final clue to find the Certificate and once it is found, follow the instructions on the Certificate to claim their prizes, subject to verification…

agscary4.gif

Back