Nintendo Wii.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My buddy just got his in the mail today, so at 6 I get to go over and give it a try. I'm very interested to see how this thing plays!

galactiboy said:
My buddy just got his in the mail today, so at 6 I get to go over and give it a try. I'm very interested to see how this thing plays!

Wii Sports is so addicting. Bowling is just awesome (I can't believe I just said that). Baseball is very fun, at least batting is. Tennis is fun and challenging. I'm trying to get the hang of golf still. And boxing is probably going to be the best with two people but even the single player is really fun.

There's also some game called Zelda, and it's silly.

Zelda is silly. Silly addictive, just awesome. Boxing is sweet but right now all the nunchucks are sold out so I only have to wii remotes and one nunchuck. Thus only one player boxing.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Let me explain myself. I don't think any of the 3 new systems look like they're a complete full step better than the past 3. They're better, but not a whole lot, just a little. Hence, I don't fully feel they meet the definition, MY definition, of next gen graphics. They will, I'm sure, I mean GOW is clearly a step closer for X-BOX. But to me, "next gen" doesn't mean "slightly better" it should be leaps and bounds better. Look at the difference from SNES to N64, that was next gen, HUGE difference. I guess PS2 to PS3 is pretty big but that's just cause' PS2 wasn't as tight as it could've been (my opinion), but Cube to Wii and X to 360, the change isn't as big with graphics. It's there, just not the amazing difference I like to see with a new next generation system. That's all I'm saying. I'm NOT saying any system sucks, I hate "wars" between gamers and companys, it's stupid. I'm Nintendo for life, and will do Sony when the price drops.

Wii's big step and difference is the controls. Everything feels so natural and smooth, (that can be taken out of context so easily) I can't wait for this thing to kick into full gear with Mario, Smash Bro., maybe a new Mario Kart. And of course we need a Star Wars game, that remote is dying to be a lightsaber!

I see what you're saying and I believe you're right.

I have a friend who's a game programer for the Take Two family and he agrees that while the insides of the 360 and the Wii feature graphical advancements over the previous systems, they do not do so by leaps and bounds.

In the case of the Wii their big leap is hardware (controllers) and firmware as well as their OS. And while I don't fully understand it, I think the 360's big leap is that Microsoft figured out how to make everything inside it so that they own all the parts (or something).

Now any of them should look amazing on an HDTV but I think that's the natural progression of technology as opposed to one or two big advancements like when SuperNintendo went from an 8 bit processor to a 64 one.

PS3 is a different story. But then the PS2 can sometimes look like a previous gen system next to the original X-Box so it is about time they upgraded.

Anyway, I think all 3 are great and as soon as GTA4 or a Star Wars game drops, I'm picking up any combination of the 3.

Last edited:
gdb said:
I see what you're saying and I believe you're right.

I have a friend who's a game programer for the Take Two family and he agrees that while the insides of the 360 and the Wii feature graphical advancements over the previous systems, they do not do so by leaps and bounds.

In the case of the Wii their big leap is hardware (controllers) and firmware as well as their OS. And while I don't fully understand it, I think the 360's big leap is that Microsoft figured out how to make everything inside it so that they own all the parts (or something).

Now any of them should look amazing on an HDTV but I think that's the natural progression of technology as opposed to one or two big advancements like when SuperNintendo went from an 8 bit processor to a 64 one.

PS3 is a different story. But then the PS2 can sometimes look like a previous gen system next to the original X-Box so it is about time they upgraded.

Anyway, I think all 3 are great and as soon as GTA4 or a Star Wars game drops, I'm picking up any combination of the 3.

the 360 is a big leap and so is the ps3...the wii isn't supposed to be.

Just got back from my friends and I have to say I'm pretty impressed! I usually hate golf, tennis and bowling games. But swinging your arms around like madman at a TV somehow makes it sooooo much fun

I'll definitely be getting one of these when I get some cashflow going. He also had Zelda, which looked good, but I didn't get a chance to play since we were mostly just checking out the 2 player features.

I can't read this thread anymore till i get mine(in a month or so)makes me want it so bad.:D

Oh man! The Wii is incredible. I just finished offed close to 4 hours of gaming and I want more. Tennis is my favorite of the sport games. I also played Zelda, which you all know I don't have to pump up. Ahhhh tomorrow will be an all Wii day. Still haven't even cracked open Monkey Ball and Trauma Center- life is good.

The controller is much smoother and more responsive than I could have ever imagined. Now waiting in the blistering cold for 12 hours seems worth while. Long live the Wii!

Here is a question, the Wii has online play right? Can you play the sports games online? How fun would it be to play another person in Tennis online?
Well thats based on what you all have been saying about it.

Must resist Wii.:lol

Wii IS the Star Wars system.. wiimote = lightsaber, get it? :monkey3

But I'll wait and see what happens in this generation.

Amanaman said:
Wii IS the Star Wars system.. wiimote = lightsaber, get it? :monkey3

But I'll wait and see what happens in this generation.

I thought of a lightsaber when I was holding the wiimote, then again I am a SW dork.

mfoga said:
Here is a question, the Wii has online play right? Can you play the sports games online? How fun would it be to play another person in Tennis online?

I think so, and from what my fried was telling me you don't have to pay any sort of subscription fee for online stuff. As long as you have the Wi-Fi you're solid!

Only summat like 17 days till its out in Australia. I have the console and Zelda on order, I just hope I have the money for it on launch day..otherwise I'll have to wait. People who know me know Im not a patient person, so I will be unhappy, and so on and so forth. But yeah it should be good. I had a go of it the other week and played Zelda and a game like Duckhunt (anyone remember that on the NES). Anyhoo it took me like 15 minutes to get used to handling the controller system and I thought at first it was a bit naff, but now upon reflection think it is rather brilliant. :D

mfoga said:

I think that will be an option, but I don't think so yet. If so, someone tell me how,we'll play!!! I know when you turn on the main browser there's an "Internet Browser" option but according to it, it's not ready yet and there are no upgrades available but to check back often to download it.

I also totally don't get the "Mii's" yet, it makes it seem like they can walk around to other peoples systems but I don't think mine have, and none have dropped by mine. I'm still trying to get the hang and full scope of this thing, but I get so into Zelda to worry about anything else!!!

Anybody play Madden yet? Is it out? My girlfriend was able to score me a Wii for christmas, so now the waiting game begins, but I thought I would get a couple of games myself. I have Zelda ready to go, as well as Monkey Ball, but I think it might be really cool to actually throw passes or stiff arm while playing Madden.

I hope that Star Wars games are on the horizon, it seems like it is a whole new ballgame with the Wii controllers!

darthviper107 said:
They should so make a Star Wars game for the Wii where you can use a lightsaber. :chew :maul :chew

I remember hearing that Lucas Arts signed on already to develope something just for the Wii due to the controller being perfect for it. But there's so many rumors who knows?

A star wars game will be sweet, but I do have this question. A lot of what Lucas arts have shown as far as next gen games are concerned are based on there "digital molecular matter" development. I wonder if the Wii will be able to support this or if the Star Wars games made for the Wii will be completely different.

Seaward said:
Anybody play Madden yet? Is it out? My girlfriend was able to score me a Wii for christmas, so now the waiting game begins, but I thought I would get a couple of games myself. I have Zelda ready to go, as well as Monkey Ball, but I think it might be really cool to actually throw passes or stiff arm while playing Madden.

I hope that Star Wars games are on the horizon, it seems like it is a whole new ballgame with the Wii controllers!

I got my Wii last weekend along with Madden and Zelda due to a lauch pre-purchase. However, my college class and my state mandated teaching enrichment class have been so hectic... not to mention work, I didn't have time to open them til last night. Madden is amazing. Sure, the graphics are upgraded Cube/X-box level. But the controls make this game better than any of the other versions - heck, its the most fun I have had with a sports game in recent memory. The AI also seems smarter than Madden on the 360 .. but that could be due to learning the new controls. Madden, Zelda, and Dragonball Z if you are into Anime are definitely worth picking up.

P.S. Be very careful when playing Wii games. In Madden, you have to physically move the control to the left or right to imitate the stiff arm motion ... well, long story short, I punch my dog in the head last night on accident. Now, it was an accident ... and she wasn't hurt ... but that sad look of distain just broke my heart. How many hospital visits this X-mas will be Wii related? Its going to be an epidemic I say... not to mention electronics repair if that control strap doesn't hold up :rotfl :D :rotfl

Back