Nintendo Wii.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
are the nunchaku controllers the standard? or are they something extra that you need to buy?

nash said:
are the nunchaku controllers the standard? or are they something extra that you need to buy?

The Wii comes with one Wii Remote and one Wii Nunchuk.

If you need more than one, both are sold individually.

nash said:

You get one with the system, but they are sold sepereatly from the regualr remote. So if you want to do 2 player you need to buy a new remote ($40) and a new Nunchuck ($20). My friend has one so he just brings his over when we wnna play 2 player. I'll get an extra set soon, so I can play with my kid sisters and brother. For now....they watch and drool.

If you are thinking about buying another Wii Remote ($40), you should also consider the game collection "Wii Play" ($49) which comes with a "free" Wii Remote. :cool:

goliath said:
If you are thinking about buying another Wii Remote ($40), you should also consider the game collection "Wii Play" ($49) which comes with a "free" Wii Remote. :cool:

That sounds like a deal. what kind of games are they?

goliath said:
It's a collection of nine mini-games, here's a review: Link
That free Wii remote coming with the game is very tempting. Around here, there are no remotes or nunchucks at all anywhere!

Man, for those who have the wii, check out excite Truck, it's an awesome off road Burnout type racer. Great sense of speed, big-ass air jumps, and totally addicting! I can't wait for Rayman for Christmas! :maul

I can't stop playing Wii Sports or Zelda. Probably played almost 20 hours worth of Wii this weekend. And loved every second of it.

Darth Loki said:
I can't stop playing Wii Sports or Zelda. Probably played almost 20 hours worth of Wii this weekend. And loved every second of it.

I hate you Loki, I really do. I have a $250 gift card to amazon, so I want to pick up my Wii there, but it's always sold out. I want my Wii :emperor :emperor :monkey2 :monkey2

are the batteries for the remotes going to be a problem? ANyone know how long they usually last, and if they have an auto-recharge thing like the Xbox360 does?

oh yeah, and what the heck is Wii points?

As far as battery life goes I used about 75 % of the packaged Panasonic batteries after ~ twenty hours. I switched and now have energizer max and we will see how long they go. For some reason the Wii manual advises against the use of rechargeable batteries maybe some one else can elaborate on that one.

I have played almost 30 hours of Zelda and it is truly a great game. The Wii would be worth it just for this game.

Darth Roranous said:
Zelda RULES! I haven't even opened Trauma Center yet.

My friend got it and showed it to me. Very cool, unique game. Great use of the remote.

I've gone through about 8 batteries already. The first ones lasted for about 30 hours, then I'm using used batteries from the Ravens games. But hey, I got almost 200 batteries for free so I'm not complaining.

Zelda is truely amazing. I just keep getting astounded over and over.

I'm all over Zelda and I'm downloading Bonk this week (I can't resist.) I'm gonna get Monkey Ball next, I love this machine!

so the Wii points is used to download games from prior Nintendo consoles? Is that the only way you can play the older console games?

Back