Nintendo Wii.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
- The only game I've ever needed Motion Plus for was The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. There might be more games out there that require it, but this is the only game I've personally owned that required it.
I think Wii Sports Resort is the only other big game that uses it.

Asking here isn't really going to get you much help, this forum is mostly filled with 360 fanboys.

To answer your questions:

- Yes, get a second remote. Many Wii games are best enjoyed with a second player.

- The only game I've ever needed Motion Plus for was The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword. There might be more games out there that require it, but this is the only game I've personally owned that required it.

- Don't bother with any goofy plastic add-on accessories. With the exception of the steering wheel, they usually just get in the way of playing.

- Don't buy a steering wheel. Buy Mario Kart, which comes with a steering wheel.

If Nintendo is what you want, then get a Wii. There are a ton of great games for the system, and most can be gotten for cheap. If you're not totally settled on the Wii, then please check more than just this place for opinions and information.

Thanks man! Yup, I am "totally settled on the Wii". I guess for Ladies, Wii will be better than XBox. If it was for me then it would've been a choice between PS3 and the XBox. Will keep things in mind and go ahead with the purchase. :wave

@ Shropt: Thank you for merging the threads :)

Hoorah for casual sexism. With Kinect, the 360 basically does everything the Wii does and more. But okay.

Hoorah for casual sexism. With Kinect, the 360 basically does everything the Wii does and more. But okay.

But that's not what his wife wants. Maybe Kinect doesn't have what games she would want to play. You are missing the point of his original question.

But that's not what his wife wants. Maybe Kinect doesn't have what games she would want to play. You are missing the point of his original question.
It has motion based sports games, fitness games and The Sims, which is what he said she wants.

@CultofSkaro: Dude, I am not against XBox nor I find it any lesser than Wii. I totally understand that XBox is technically/graphically more advanced than Wii, but each of these consoles have its own place in the market and a good reason why people buy them. Just my experience, I have seen ladies (family and friends) somehow enjoy Wii more. Plus, when I asked this question in the thread, it was specifically for the Wii. So, I hope everything's cool :) :peace

@THX-182, Kabukiman: :wave

He's getting a Wii, the sooner you accept that, the sooner we can all move on.
What a worthwhile comment.
@CultofSkaro: Dude, I am not against XBox nor I find it any lesser than Wii. I totally understand that XBox is technically/graphically more advanced than Wii, but each of these consoles have its own place in the market and a good reason why people buy them. Just my experience, I have seen ladies (family and friends) somehow enjoy Wii more. Plus, when I asked this question in the thread, it was specifically for the Wii. So, I hope everything's cool :) :peace

@THX-182, Kabukiman: :wave
The main reason people bought a Wii is because it originally did things that no other console did. Now that the 360 has Kinect, it does what the Wii did, and does it a lot better too. It's not about technology or graphics - I'm not the kind of person who is really bothered about that. I'm just saying, every reason you've had for buying a Wii can be applied to a 360 as well, and then the 360 has a lot more going for it on top of that.

I'm not a typical Wii-basher - like I say, I generally love Nintendo. It's just objectively, the 360 does what you want and does it a lot better. It's not like I haven't put any thought into this opinion and am just trying to be provocative. This is my field, and the Wii is just not a good choice, that's all.

No it doesn't do the same stuff. If you want to play Wii Sports or Zelda or Mario Kart you can only play them on the Wii. Maybe she wants to play those games?

They are two totally different things. I know, I have both. You are just trying to convince him to go the Kinect route because you think he's only getting it for her because of motion control. I don't get that impression from what he's said.

No it doesn't do the same stuff. If you want to play Wii Sports or Zelda or Mario Kart you can only play them on the Wii. Maybe she wants to play those games?

They are two totally different things. I know, I have both. You are just trying to convince him to go the Kinect route because you think he's only getting it for her because of motion control. I don't get that impression from what he's said.

:exactly::goodpost:

When comparing consoles, not only do you have to compare software, but cost, and available space too. I had to sell off my Kinect because the way my game room is configured, the Kinect didn't work. I wasn't going to rearrange my room to make the Kinect work, none of the games were compelling enough for me to want to go through that hassle. I could have bought one of those fish eye adapters to try to make it work, but that adds to cost and really wasn't worth the hassle (for me) once I took a closer look at the software library.

It's not a Sega does what Nintendon't world anymore, we have a lot of choice in video game consoles now, and it's really okay for somebody to pick one over the other for whatever reason they choose.

Good day to everyone. My wife is considering buying a Wii console plus all the other game-specialized controllers (Wii Fit with Balance Board, etc.).

Is it too late to buy a Wii? Is this console about to die (i.e. a next-gen Nintendo console soon on the horizon)?

Thanks in advance for your advice. :wave

Good day to everyone. My wife is considering buying a Wii console plus all the other game-specialized controllers (Wii Fit with Balance Board, etc.).

Is it too late to buy a Wii? Is this console about to die (i.e. a next-gen Nintendo console soon on the horizon)?

Thanks in advance for your advice. :wave

0bb69f87954notsureifser.jpg

/me braces for incoming X-Box ____-storm

Read the last couple of posts (starting with #911), we just had this conversation.

Lol! Thought u were talking about comparisons between the Wii & X-Box 360, and assumed it went far back into the thread pages.

Thanks. Will get the Wii for what it'll do to the wife via the Wii Fit game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Necropost bump!

I've been playing catch-up on some old Wii games. I've been playing Super Mario Galaxy lately and picked up Kirby's Epic Yarn off Amazon and Super Paper Mario off eBay.

Necropost bump!

I've been playing catch-up on some old Wii games. I've been playing Super Mario Galaxy lately and picked up Kirby's Epic Yarn off Amazon and Super Paper Mario off eBay.

I got those games. Epic Yarn is pretty easy but a little hard to 100% complete.

I was in the market for a motion+ controller and saw this from tmart:

https://www.tmart.com/Remote-Controller-with-Built-in-Motion-Plus-for-Wii-White_p121088.html?

I was planning on stopping by walmart but I really didn't want to spend the ~$40 for it so I browsed around and saw this one. It's over half off and the reviews seem good but, it looks a little different and I just wanted to see if anyone had any experience with these or know of any quality issues with them.

Back