Nintendo Wii.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't preorder a Wii. Dependant on the Price Point I have some funds available but not too much...I'm just gonna head off to EB Games or Target or whatever and see if there are some available. If the price is right, I'll get it. If not, then I'll wait. I'm not really in a hurry because there are 3 great systems out right now and I want to get the right one...

Jedi_Mike said:
I didn't preorder a Wii. Dependant on the Price Point I have some funds available but not too much...I'm just gonna head off to EB Games or Target or whatever and see if there are some available. If the price is right, I'll get it. If not, then I'll wait. I'm not really in a hurry because there are 3 great systems out right now and I want to get the right one...

I can all but gaurantee that any EB or Gamestop is sold out. They took pre-orders and they all sold out within hours, some even minutes.

Your best bet is to find out if any stores are opening at Midnight (that way you have less wait time) and get there as soon as you can. Most major chains are getting at least 50 it seems so your chances are pretty good but I still think you'll have to do some sort of waiting in line.

If no stores are selling it at midnight, get up around 5-6 and drive around to find the smallest line.

Just went to Wal-Mart in hopes of scoring Zelda and I got the second to last one there. I just wanted to make sure I had it as it is the main reason I am getting the Wii. Will wake up around 5:30 and head to target. Suppose to be about 70 at this particular target so should not be a problem.

I got to play Wii today, and all I can say is: Believe the hype.

The controls were very intuitive and responsive for the games I played. I can't wait to get one of my own. There are so many great launch games to choose from, I don't know which I'll go with (besides Zelda, of course).

Kabukiman said:
I got to play Wii today, and all I can say is: Believe the hype.

The controls were very intuitive and responsive for the games I played. I can't wait to get one of my own. There are so many great launch games to choose from, I don't know which I'll go with (besides Zelda, of course).
BELIEVE HIM!!!

I got home with mine a little over an hour ago and have been playing Wii Sports ever since. This new controller is every single thing Nintendo has made it out to be. I WAS KICKING MY F'N LEG UP WHILE I WAS BOWLING PEOPLE!!!

I got my Wii! I have to say I am tired. I waited in line for over 12 hours. I fired up Zelda and I truly can't wait to play more. I have one complaint. WHY THE F AM I READING WHAT THE CHARACTERS ARE SAYING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Ok I understood going into this that the graphics sucked. But now I have to read? Maybe I am just out of my head. After all I waited all day for this. The controller is cool though and sports is ok. Will give a better first thought after I sleep.

Rockabilly said:
BELIEVE HIM!!!

I got home with mine a little over an hour ago and have been playing Wii Sports ever since. This new controller is every single thing Nintendo has made it out to be. I WAS KICKING MY F'N LEG UP WHILE I WAS BOWLING PEOPLE!!!

:D :D :D :D :cool:

Well,

I have some Wii systems on order. I really wanted to keep one and try it out.

That said, I went to a friend's house to check it out.

It REALLY seems like a system designed for kids. It's kind of neat at first but gets old quick. None of the games were really that interesting either.

I personally think the 360 is a much better system with better games for the "older" gamers.

No experience with PS3 yet.

Oh, Gears of War is also still fresh in my mind so that could be distracting me from the Wii too.

LOL

Awesome game.

I will give Wii another shot but first impressions seem like it's made for the younger ones.

I haven't had to pay for a game console. I get them all as gifts from my work. hehe

I'm getting the Wii from my previous employer. Won't have it first, but will have it for nothing :)

Gruson said:
Well,

It REALLY seems like a system designed for kids. It's kind of neat at first but gets old quick. None of the games were really that interesting either.

I personally think the 360 is a much better system with better games for the "older" gamers.

Oh, Gears of War is also still fresh in my mind so that could be distracting me from the Wii too.

LOL

Awesome game.

I will give Wii another shot but first impressions seem like it's made for the younger ones.

No Way Gru... I'm tired to use the normal controller, I wanna get into action and Wii for me is the Revolution of Gaming... Can't say It's for kids, It's for everyone... well titles for older people will come out, now let's enjoy this new console... can't wait to get it on th 8th of Dec... as I live in Italy... finally I don't have to wait months after the Jap/US release to get a new console...Yuppie... NINTENDO RULEZ!!! and let me dream!!! Still!!!

Gruson said:
Well,

LOL

Awesome game.

NO INTERESTING GAMES!!!! Put down the crack pipe my friend. Have you never heard of Legend of Zelda? Can you tell me what exactly the best game that came out for the 360 at launch was? I know GoW is a good game and it seems pretty dark. I don't know exactly what games you've played on the Wii but even Zelda is supposed to be the darkest one yet.

Nintendo has by far the best launch titles of the three systems. I've had a 360 since launch and have been a bit disappointed thus far at the lack of major titles released.

Anywho, I'm off to my game and will be back in about 10 hours to enjoy all the Wii greatness (I hope).

I will probably end up owning one but as I said, it just did not make a big impact on me.

Did not see Zelda yet.

Gruson said:
I will probably end up owning one but as I said, it just did not make a big impact on me.

Did not see Zelda yet.

aftering seeing the Zelda for the Wii, Chuck Norris found a deer and said "I want the Wii, SAY IT!" Then he manipulated the deers mouth to say it. Okay, the deer didn't exactly say it, but it was pretty good for a deer.

It is a common misconception that the names listed in the Guiness Book of World Records are the record holders. The fact is Chuck Norris holds every record known to man and this book lists all of the second place winners.

congerking said:
aftering seeing the Zelda for the Wii, Chuck Norris found a deer and said "I want the Wii, SAY IT!" Then he manipulated the deers mouth to say it. Okay, the deer didn't exactly say it, but it was pretty good for a deer.

:lol :lol :lol

BadMoon said:
I got my Wii! I have to say I am tired. I waited in line for over 12 hours. I fired up Zelda and I truly can't wait to play more. I have one complaint. WHY THE F AM I READING WHAT THE CHARACTERS ARE SAYING FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! Ok I understood going into this that the graphics sucked. But now I have to read? Maybe I am just out of my head. After all I waited all day for this. The controller is cool though and sports is ok. Will give a better first thought after I sleep.

I like RPG's with talking voices and I also like to read the dialogue, either way it is all good. However, it would have been cool for the Zelda game to have voices. I think that because Zelda TP was made for the GC then converted to WII adding the voices would have taken to much work and they might not have had enough time for launch. I am sure one of the Wii's RPG's will character voices.

Got in line at 5:30. Got the Wii and I love it. We need to remember this is just the launch and like Loki said it has at least one great game. Give it a year and who knows what we will see.

I can not wait for Mario and Metal Slug and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles to come out.

Kabukiman said:
Zelda + Voices = Sacrilege!

I'll agree with that one.

Well the Raven's won and Jamal Lewis got me 3 TD's.

Then I go to pick up my Wii and the A$$HOLES at Gamestop tell me that they are out of Wii remotes :monkey4

Even though I had RESERVED an extra one, they are out. So they knock 10% of my whole purchase (including the system :D ). And my friend tells me he picked up 3 extras and will sell it to me. So I got my system, will have my extra controller, and saved over $40. Still not thrilled about Gamestop, but at least they had my system and games.

Got it set up and did the wi-fi updates. Created my Mii and put in Wii sports.

:monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2 :monkey2

These are tears of joy :D I have never been so amazed by a game system in my life. Tried baseball and the first words out of my mouth were 'this is the greatest thing of all F'n time'! The bat mimics my controller so perfectly it's scarey. No EA sports baseball game has ever been as fun as this and I can't even imagine what is possible for a real baseball game.

Then I tried bowling. WOW. Just WOW. I've bowled my whole life so I know exactly what I'm doing and it is PERFECT!!!! The way I move over, swing my arm, and generate spin is PERFECT!!!! It took me a few frames to learn the basics but I was picking up spares by the end of the first game. Then it was all about the strikes baby. I got 5 strikes in the second game and I can honestly say that I'm in love with the Wii. And I haven't even put in Zelda.

For anyone who had any doubts about the controller or anything else, you're a fool. Video games are supposed to be fun. I've never had as much fun playing a video game as the last hour I spent playing my Wii. And that was just the 'crappy' free game that came with the system.

Do yourself a favor, find a Wii, buy it and enjoy having fun playing video games again.

I'll have more later.

Back