Nintendo Wii.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally agree Loki, it is so awesome and those dang remotes are sold out everywhere. There was just a mad rush for the things, I thought they would have more. Started Zelda a little and I love it.

Have to get Wi-Fi up and running though.

YEAH!!! I waited 16 hours (8am til midnight) to get one, but Walmart was cool and let us wait most the time inside. I got one with Zelda. I skipped the extra remote cause' Zeldas one player and I will be so on it for the next month I won't be needing any 2 player games for a while. I'm also pleased I don't NEED the "Classic" controller to play downloads, the Cube controller works fine. I'm an idiot and payed 10 bucks to download Mario 64 and play it, just to do it really. I still have it on N64, but now I can have it all in one place.

Anyone got their Miis on parade or whatever that is? I do, I'm "Poster Boy" and if any of you wanna "friend" me here's my code # 4121 5858 2166 5847 yo, and if you don't have this thing....GET ONE! But don't pay crazy prices, I know we're all collectors here, we should have patience after waiting months for preorders.:D

Also, Zelda is so friggin sweet! Not the "Next Gen Graphics" we want, but I'm sure they're to come, not like PS3 or 360 have em either. And the motion sensor feels super natural after only a small amount of playing around. Very glad I got this thing!

I agree PBk, the graphics are not next gen but I could care less it still looks great and like you said after a while the Wii will step up the graphics.

Gran3131 said:
I like RPG's with talking voices and I also like to read the dialogue, either way it is all good. However, it would have been cool for the Zelda game to have voices. I think that because Zelda TP was made for the GC then converted to WII adding the voices would have taken to much work and they might not have had enough time for launch. I am sure one of the Wii's RPG's will character voices.

Got in line at 5:30. Got the Wii and I love it. We need to remember this is just the launch and like Loki said it has at least one great game. Give it a year and who knows what we will see.

I can not wait for Mario and Metal Slug and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles to come out.

Ok after coming home from philly and watching the Eagles throw up on themselves I fired Zelda back up and I love it. However Gears of War is calling me soon! I have to say this Wii is great! It however, can no way compare itself to the 360. I will have fun with first party games (thats why I bought it) however it is in no way first place. In Gears of War when you face off with a Corpser for the first time you will know what I am talking about. I love Nintendo though and can't wait for Mario. After all, I think it is safe to say must of us were raised by Nintendo and our sweet Mario. I just hope when I play the next Zelda I am not reading. Not that I dont like to read. I would just like to hear what the characters sound like and not have to imagine them.

I have a couple other games to play besides Zelda. Final Fantasy 12 is one of those games and it will be hard to juggle between the two of these as they both are awesome. It will be interesting to see in a year what the Wii games will look like. Its graphics will not be as good as the other two but it does not need to be. I still think too much space is used up in graphics and cinema scenes and both quality and duration of game play is often lost.

I also think we have the real potential to seeing a great Castelvania game. For one reason or other most recent Castelvania games have not been all that great, not including hand held titles. Hopefully the Wii will help end this drought.

I do not have a 360 but have heard nothing but good things about Gears. From this forum to the line I waited in this morning everyone seems to be talking about it. Hopefully the 360 core system will win the Amazon customers choice and I will be able to order one otherwise I will wait until Star Wars game are being made for it.

:banana :banana :banana :banana :banana

Giggity, giggity, goo!!!

Just finished the first hour and a half of Zelda. I wish I were a smart enough man to put my feelings into words. It is just so hard when you've been waiting so long for something that you have such high expectations for. So many times the thing will fall short in some way shape or form. This however, is not one of those times. The Wii is everything i could've ever hoped it would be. I was always holding off judgement until I actually played it and it is incredible.

Thank you Nintendo. Thank you for turning this 26 year old into a little kid again.

i bought the gamecube just to play zelda(resident evil helped too) and am buying the wii just to play zelda. i think they'll do some neat things with the system down the road though but even if they don't it's worth it to me to play zelda.

Couldn't find a Wii anywhere in town today. For some reason, I thought that there would be more of these available. I am somewhat interested in the Wii, but it looks like it will be a while before I see one on a store shelf.

Meanwhile, I had a friend wait in line this week to get me a PS3. He came home with two of them and decided to put them both on eBay. You win some, you lose some. Now I am waiting to see whether or not the one I ordered from Amazon was the real deal or the result of a glitch.

:D

PosterBoyKelly said:
Also, Zelda is so friggin sweet! Not the "Next Gen Graphics" we want, but I'm sure they're to come, not like PS3 or 360 have em either. And the motion sensor feels super natural after only a small amount of playing around. Very glad I got this thing!

Huh...either the 360 or PS3 don't have next gen graphics? I don't know what you would define as "next gen graphics" are you expecting everything to look photo-realistic? Apparently you either don't have those systems or a HDTV to get the most out of them. Gears of War alone is incredibly detailed and I would easily say next gen as far as graphics.

I got the Wii at Circuit City today after waiting in line an hour and a half. I gotta say that the Wii Sports Pak is awesome, a lot of fun. Oh and Zelda is awesome too, except fishing is a b!tch. :chew

I'm really interested in seeing what the Wii can do. I can honestly say that I'm not a true gamer. I own an X-Box (which I hardly ever played since buying it), a Game Boy Advance (that I haven't touched in a few years), and a Sony PSP which I play more often when I get a chance.

After playing the 360, I was sold on the system. My brother-in law owns the system and I had a good time playing games in HD (Tiger Woods Golf and Fight Night). What really helps is that we own the same exact TV so I know what I'm getting.

I'll be honest with the PS3. The only thing on that that interests me is the blu-ray feature on the system. man, i'd love to play some HD movies on my TV. although, i'm adamant about starting up another movie collection (I already own 700+ DVD's).

Which brings me to the Wii. I love Nintendo and their products. My main gripe with the company is how fast they come out with systems. I can never catch up. I had this problem for example with the Game Boys when they went to color. I had the original Game Boy, bought a Ganme Boy Color, within a few months they released the Game Boy Advance which I bought. By the time I got adjusted with the GBA, they announced the DS (which I became frustrated and didn't buy)....a few months after that they released a Game Boy Pocket and a Nintendo DS Lite.

Natrix said:
Huh...either the 360 or PS3 don't have next gen graphics? I don't know what you would define as "next gen graphics" are you expecting everything to look photo-realistic? Apparently you either don't have those systems or a HDTV to get the most out of them. Gears of War alone is incredibly detailed and I would easily say next gen as far as graphics.

Let me explain myself. I don't think any of the 3 new systems look like they're a complete full step better than the past 3. They're better, but not a whole lot, just a little. Hence, I don't fully feel they meet the definition, MY definition, of next gen graphics. They will, I'm sure, I mean GOW is clearly a step closer for X-BOX. But to me, "next gen" doesn't mean "slightly better" it should be leaps and bounds better. Look at the difference from SNES to N64, that was next gen, HUGE difference. I guess PS2 to PS3 is pretty big but that's just cause' PS2 wasn't as tight as it could've been (my opinion), but Cube to Wii and X to 360, the change isn't as big with graphics. It's there, just not the amazing difference I like to see with a new next generation system. That's all I'm saying. I'm NOT saying any system sucks, I hate "wars" between gamers and companys, it's stupid. I'm Nintendo for life, and will do Sony when the price drops.

Wii's big step and difference is the controls. Everything feels so natural and smooth, (that can be taken out of context so easily) I can't wait for this thing to kick into full gear with Mario, Smash Bro., maybe a new Mario Kart. And of course we need a Star Wars game, that remote is dying to be a lightsaber!

Does anyone know if the CD slot is supposed to glow blue all of the time? Mine turns on briefly when I turn on the system. The box shows it glowing all of the time.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Let me explain myself. I don't think any of the 3 new systems look like they're a complete full step better than the past 3. They're better, but not a whole lot, just a little. Hence, I don't fully feel they meet the definition, MY definition, of next gen graphics. They will, I'm sure, I mean GOW is clearly a step closer for X-BOX. But to me, "next gen" doesn't mean "slightly better" it should be leaps and bounds better. Look at the difference from SNES to N64, that was next gen, HUGE difference. I guess PS2 to PS3 is pretty big but that's just cause' PS2 wasn't as tight as it could've been (my opinion), but Cube to Wii and X to 360, the change isn't as big with graphics. It's there, just not the amazing difference I like to see with a new next generation system. That's all I'm saying. I'm NOT saying any system sucks, I hate "wars" between gamers and companys, it's stupid. I'm Nintendo for life, and will do Sony when the price drops.

Well, we will have to agree to disagree then. You didn't say if you have any of the other systems or an HDTV though. On a standard def TV, I agree that you wouldn't be wowed by the difference.

I have a 62" HDTV and there is a HUGE difference between the one of the best looking XBox games (Halo 2) and Xbox 360 games (GOW). There is just so much more detail, color and depth to the graphics not to mention solid frame rates at an increased resolution than what any of the previous gen systems could come even close to producing.

I don't have a PS3 and it is too early to judge it on all the ports for the lanch, but if you think that games for that system won't be next gen...I don't know what would be for you.

Natrix said:
Well, we will have to agree to disagree then. You didn't say if you have any of the other systems or an HDTV though. On a standard def TV, I agree that you wouldn't be wowed by the difference.

I have a 62" HDTV and there is a HUGE difference between the one of the best looking XBox games (Halo 2) and Xbox 360 games (GOW). There is just so much more detail, color and depth to the graphics not to mention solid frame rates at an increased resolution than what any of the previous gen systems could come even close to producing.

I don't have a PS3 and it is too early to judge it on all the ports for the lanch, but if you think that games for that system won't be next gen...I don't know what would be for you.

Look, to sum it up, I'm just saying neither of the 3 have gotten to full speed yet with what they can do, I didn't expect them to this soon, but know they will.

I don't have a huge HGTV, and only the Wii but have played my buddys XBOX 360. I'm not some super gamer who knows tons of the specs, I'm a regular guy who plays once and a while. So from where I'm sitting, a non-serious gamer POV, all 3 have only taken a half step forward and are priming to make that full jump.

Nothing personal though right? I mean agree to disagree is fine, I just don't want you misreading me because sometimes it can seem that way. Cool? Cool! I'm not bashing on any of the 3, just saying that I know they can do more, and can't wait for it!!!!

BadMoon said:
Does anyone know if the CD slot is supposed to glow blue all of the time? Mine turns on briefly when I turn on the system. The box shows it glowing all of the time.

Mine too, I think it only does it when you load in a disc,

Back