Nintendo Wii.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that's how I feel about PS3 right now too. It's more of a novelty to get one. You know the person that has to say "I got that.". Why send $600 on something that has the same games as another system (360). The Wii though looks refreshing and fun. I assure you that the first party titles will be much more than a novelty however.

My feelings on Playstation and X-Box, is that it's the same old crap that I"ve been playing since the 80's, only prettier. With a few minor exceptions such as guitar hero.

The DS whet my appetite for something different, and now I'm ready for the main course.

Kabukiman said:
My feelings on Playstation and X-Box, is that it's the same old crap that I"ve been playing since the 80's, only prettier. With a few minor exceptions such as guitar hero.

The DS whet my appetite for something different, and now I'm ready for the main course.

remember to use your virtual knife & fork then :lol

I saw commercials for Marvel:UA and Red Steel last night. Both look like they are using the Wii-mote in great ways.

During the M:UA, he made a swiping motion and it showed Capt. America throwing his sheild. Then he thrust his arms and turned his wrists and it was Spidey shooting a ball of web. Very cool!!!!

Red Steel showed both the sword play and gun fighting styles. I can't believe it's only 3 days away :chew

Gonna be the longest 3 days of my life :monkey2

I plan on getting the Wii, I've been a Nintendo Supporter since the beginning and I like the idea of the new controller although I can understand the argument that it will get old after a while..

Man, i cant wait until Sunday.I played Excite truck on the Wii for a good hour at Game Crazy and I will tell you what, the system is sleek, small and quiet and the controls of the game and the operating system they are using are completely user friendly and very enjoyable. the Wii is going to be so much for. at least until I get my PS3.

Jedi_Mike said:
I plan on getting the Wii, I've been a Nintendo Supporter since the beginning and I like the idea of the new controller although I can understand the argument that it will get old after a while..

How can that argument even exist since no one's even played it yet :confused: ?

One of the most important things I ever learned in college is to think about where information is coming from. Sony (for some reason) has a loyal fanbase, despite the fact that it was the weakest of all 3 of the previous gen systems. A lot of people have been bashing the 360 and Wii that have never played a single game on either system. Why, they're fanboys. No matter what, no matter how obvious the facts are against them, they'll support Sony to the end. Sony has F'd up big time with trying to rush this launch and there are more than likely going to be a lot of upset consumers who get faulty units due to the rush job Sony has done to meet their self-emposed deadline.

My target says they should get 69 Wiis. I should not have a problem zelda may be a little tougher though.

Its true that no one has played the Wii but I can just imagine how waving my arms around repeatedly would get old...or at least sore. Doesn't mean I won't get one just means that I'll have really buff forearms....:rock

Jedi_Mike said:
Its true that no one has played the Wii but I can just imagine how waving my arms around repeatedly would get old...or at least sore. Doesn't mean I won't get one just means that I'll have really buff forearms....:rock

You don't have to wave your arms around. The Wii remote recognizes small hand gestures as well as sweeping motions. So, for example, you could play the tennis game with large sweeping motions like a real racket or small, simple flips of the wrist. Its all about how you want to play.

zelda got a review of 9.5:cool: :cool: :cool: WOW..well did we really expect less? Can't wait!!

Seth Gecko said:
zelda got a review of 9.5:cool: :cool: :cool: WOW..well did we really expect less? Can't wait!!
yeah i read some of the reviews and they kept saying how great it is. the only reason why it didnt get 10 is because it doesnt look better than any gamecube games.

~~i still think resident evil is the best looking game on the gamecube.

Jedi_Mike said:

My forearms are already buff :monkey3

This is going to be the longest weekend ever. Gotta find something to do today to keep me preoccupied. I know I won't even be able to sleep tonight. I honestly can't remember anticipating anything as much as I'm anticipating getting my Wii tomorrow.

I've got my wireless router set up and ready for the Wii. I think I need to hide all the clocks in my house because I can't stop looking at them.

I hope everyone here who wants to get one is able to. Best of luck to you all.

Hmmm... Gamespot gave it (Zelda) 8.8 and cited issues with the responsiveness of the Wii-mote as one of the reasons. Don't want to Wii on anyone's fireworks here (sorry, hard to resist...), but I'm having second thoughts on jumping onboard at launch. I mean, other than Zelda (which I can play on my dusty Gamecube) there's little out at launch worth playing IMO. ExciteTruck got panned, so did Red Steel, Monkey Balls not my bag... I kmow reviews are just an opinion and all, but seems like the bubbles burst ever so slightly for me. Might wait till Mario shows up and gauge the situation again then.

Knowing Nintendo, that'll be next Christmas at the earliest :)

Come on someone, help me change my mind...

Krissolo,

It sounds like you and I are having the same worries but here is what is going through my mind.

I almost purchased a game cube back in the day when Zelda OOT had the special bundle deal. I never did and kind of always regretted it. Right now the Wii may not have superior graphics but that does not bother me as I would rather play original Nintendo games then most other games. Not to mention those earlier games were usually harder because you could not save any time you wanted. I am worried to that the Wii mote will as responsive as it seems from the adds, but I think we will surprised on how good it is and even if there is some flaws hopefully Nintendo will fix it. I am a fan of all three of the new systems; I did not by a PS3 because there are not any games that I like. However, when the first FF game or Jak and Daxter comes out it will be a must have.

Anyway, I have put the worries aside and I am giving Nintendo a chance and I am very excited to do so. If it turns out to not be that great well then so be it but I will not make that judgment for a long time to come.

A little long winded but this same thing has been going through my mind.

Played the Wii at Game Crazy, the controller was cool as hell! Nothing to worry about with the controller!

I'll let you know tomorrow.:D

My best friend played the Wii at the Gamestop manager's meeting and he said it was the best video game experience of his life.

I'm sure the new controlls will take some getting used to. But once you get the hang of it, the possibilities are endless for what companies can do.

I myself still have to reserve judgement since I haven't played the system yet.

KrisSolo said:
Hmmm... Gamespot gave it (Zelda) 8.8 and cited issues with the responsiveness of the Wii-mote as one of the reasons. Don't want to Wii on anyone's fireworks here (sorry, hard to resist...), but I'm having second thoughts on jumping onboard at launch. I mean, other than Zelda (which I can play on my dusty Gamecube) there's little out at launch worth playing IMO. ExciteTruck got panned, so did Red Steel, Monkey Balls not my bag... I kmow reviews are just an opinion and all, but seems like the bubbles burst ever so slightly for me. Might wait till Mario shows up and gauge the situation again then.

Knowing Nintendo, that'll be next Christmas at the earliest :)

Come on someone, help me change my mind...

So, you take dozens of super-positive reviews, then read one great review ... now you have changed your mind? Sorry, that shows me you were never that serious about the machine in the first place. But, I am not condemning or complaining. If you don't think you want it, then don't get it. I could have bought a PS3 and I got looks from my friends when I didn't like I was crazy. Well, for me, I saw nothing at launch that interested me, so I passed. Sure, I will get some time in the future, but why now? If that's how you feel about the Wii, then you should do the same. I see no reason to try and change your mind ... when people ask that question, they usually have already decided and are looking for people who will back their feelings up. I will give you a link to a list of reviews to read if you so choose. The trick is not to put much stock into single reviews. Read all of them, and look for common thoughts or comments. That way, you bypass the opinions, and hit upon the deeper truth.

https://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/928519.asp

P.S. I guess that I am the opposite of you. Not only am I going to pick up my prepurchase, I have now decided to add Rayman and Madden to the list of games I want for a total of 4. Sure, the Madden may have X-Box graphics, but I am dying to try the new Wii control for it.

I'm getting Zelda (of course), Red Steel, and Super Monkey Ball (for a party game). I have a bunch of friends coming over Tuesday and it should be a blast.

Super Monkey Ball seems to do a great job utilizing the Wii-mote. Only about 27 more hours and I'll have mine :chew :chew :chew

Back