Ninja Gaiden 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dominishin

Super Freak
Reaction score
Any love for this game/series?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n07GjCmZuZU"]TGS 2011: Ninja Gaiden III - Consequence Trailer (PS3, Xbox 360) - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrUZXhGLQ-g"]Ninja gaiden 3 E3 2011: Gameplay Walkthrough trailer - YouTube[/ame]

Can't go wrong with some Zimmer-esque soundtrack. The direction of the story is on the right path. Story could still turn to ____ though. But I have to say I'm really not liking what I'm seeing in gameplay, not at all.

____ this Hayashi dude. Casuals don't give a ____ about Ninja Gaiden, stop your nonsense!

So what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Any love for this game/series?

TGS 2011: Ninja Gaiden III - Consequence Trailer (PS3, Xbox 360) - YouTube

Ninja gaiden 3 E3 2011: Gameplay Walkthrough trailer - YouTube

Can't go wrong with some Zimmer-esque soundtrack. The direction of the story is on the right path. Story could still turn to ____ though. But I have to say I'm really not liking what I'm seeing in gameplay, not at all.

____ this Hayashi dude. Casuals don't give a ____ about Ninja Gaiden, stop your nonsense!

So what do you guys think?

I Have Major love for this series as well as Dead or Alive, and I HOPE Hot Toys makes a Hayabusa figure eventually:pray:. I jut hope they use a different material so he can use his fully articulation. Hayabusa needs articulation far more than Batman.

Yeah one positive hope is that HT will pick this line up. Would absolutely die for this figure. Three of them.

Wish it could've been his first NG outfit though, this new redesign I don't like so much. But hell, I'll take it if they make it.

I Wanted this Game, but the reviews it received made me hesitant to pick it up.

I Played the First Ninja Gaiden on Xbox & it was Hard till i gave up.

but i went ahead & Picked up Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 .. heard its a bit easier than the xbox 360 ver, and if i like it i may as well pick this game later

601508_10151071925191453_1149035734_n.jpg

I loved Ninja Gaiden Black and Ninja Gaiden 2. I'm actually #2 in NG2 on the unglitched leaderboards under the XBL GT Tommy Hayabusa with a little over 73 million karma points.

I think NG3 Razors Edge for WiiU looks great but NG3 SUCKED

There is no love for Ninja Gaiden 3, though the new one on the Wii U looks much better.

2 was vastly inferior to Black, but Sigma 2 makes 2 a lot more playable (still not as good as Black though). Ninja Gaiden Black is one of the finest in the genre. Excellent excellent game.

I've held off of playing NG3. As Monger's mentioned NG3 Wii U looks to have fixed a lot of problems of the current version.

There is no love for Ninja Gaiden 3, though the new one on the Wii U looks much better.

2 was vastly inferior to Black, but Sigma 2 makes 2 a lot more playable (still not as good as Black though). Ninja Gaiden Black is one of the finest in the genre. Excellent excellent game.

Sigma 2 was horrible IMO. they took out a lot of things that made NG2 great. The added chapters were boring and slowed the pace. And the Gore?
I get NG2 isn't for everyone but it is ranked high as one of the best action games Imo. It will hand you your ass and make you think the game is broken but then I realized I sucked at it. Ng2 is truly a game you enjoy and get better at the more you play.

Also the hardest 1250's I ever got.

List of comprehensive changes made for the Wii U version, coming at launch:

-Perhaps the most significant change of all is the fact that Ryu is actually responsive in Razor’s Edge. Ryu’s recovery has been shortened greatly, so players can easily cancel into a dodge or block as the situation demands.
-Enemies have been improved. They are more aggressive, and some have access to new moves. The basic terrorist grunts and alchemists are the most obvious examples.
-Combat has been redesigned to have a more technical feel. Enemies have more stagger animations (including wall damage/stuns). Both playable characters now have a universal grab (the Guillotine throw).
-Charge attacks are extremely fast. Ninja Gaiden 3 introduced a charge mechanic, whereby holding down the heavy attack resulted in a powerful combo extension. The length of time needed to charge this attack has been reduced dramatically.
-There are six weapons available to Ryu in Razor’s Edge right from the get-go. Ryu now has access to the claws, scythe, dual katanas, staff, and an as-of-yet unrevealed weapon, on top of the standard katana.
-Karma has been redesigned to function as both the point/ranking system, as well as currency.
-Collectible items have been reintroduced. The Golden Scarabs from the original Ninja Gaiden, and Crystal Skulls from Ninja Gaiden 2 are strewn about each stage, and can be collected for an instant Karma bonus.
-Players can use this Karma currency to purchase upgrades for weapons and magic (Ninpo) as well as unique combat abilities and even in-game costumes.
-The new “Cicada Surge” teleportation ability has been polished greatly since its reveal back during E3. It is an incredibly handy way to get out of overwhelming situations.
-A new ability, called “Four Rings” has been introduced. It is a 360º shuriken attack that stuns enemies surrounding Ryu, and can be tacked on to combos on-the-fly, much like ordinary shuriken attacks.
-Ultimate Techniques can be used even when Ryu/Ayane’s weapons aren’t glowing red, simply by holding down and charging a heavy attack (much like in Ninja Gaiden 2). Ultimate Techniques have two charge levels once again.
-Ninpo is still earned through combat. However, you can keep your Ninpo charge between encounters now, allowing you to cast magic or save it as you see fit.
-Bosses have life gauges now. You can see their health on the bottom of the screen.

https://www.2d-x.com/ninja-gaiden-3-razors-edge-for-wii-u-jusr-keeps-getting-better/

So they made it more like Itagaki's Ninja Gaidens... like how it should've been.

Still with less weapons though. Kusari-gama? Tonfa? Flails? The hell??? Where are they!? Each game was adding more unique weapons before 3 showed up... not less.

And too bad with this Wii Exclusive bull****. **** Hayashi.

Last edited:
I've just Finished Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and i Enjoyed Everything ! .. i loved the Combat, and now it's making me itch to get Ninja Gaiden 3 "PS3" ver.

I've just Finished Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 and i Enjoyed Everything ! .. i loved the Combat, and now it's making me itch to get Ninja Gaiden 3 "PS3" ver.

Ninja Gaiden 2 is way better on Xbox. The amount of enemies they squeeze in on screen is absurd. And there is no purple dust instead of gore.

Glad you had fun though. But hold off on 3. Its an abomination.

I will say I enjoyed playing as the the other characters, which I thought was a nice touch. I don't think the 360 version had that. And it had more playable levels I believe.

The lack of gore was interesting to me, considering Sony owns "God of War", inarguably one of the heavyweights of the genre. Did they not think that they would be reaching a similar audience?

Trailer for Ninja Gaiden 3: Razer's Edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkoWOyUo6Nc

When the revolutionary Wii U console launches across North America on Nov. 18, the lineup of available games will include a riveting action title with features unavailable on any other system. Nintendo has confirmed that NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge for Wii U will launch with new weapons and characters, a redesigned battle system and online multiplayer modes* that let fans savor the adventure together. The game is a powerhouse addition to what promises to be a spectacular software lineup for Wii U.

In NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge, the enigmatic warrior Ryu Hayabusa must fight to lift a curse that threatens to destroy him. Whereas the original NINJA GAIDEN 3 included only three weapons for players to choose from, this new version offers six weapons – Sword, Claws, Scythe, Dual Katana, Staff and Kusari-Gama – each with its own unique strengths. The number of available Ninpo has also been increased from one to three.

The following features and enhancements in NINJA GAIDEN 3: Razor’s Edge are exclusive to Wii U:

Ayane as a playable character: In previous versions of the game, Ayane appeared only briefly in one cut scene. Now players can help her progress through her own exclusive chapters using a special set of weapons and Ninpo attacks.

Character-progression system: Using Karma points earned during game play, players can upgrade weapons and Ninpo, learn new moves, increase their HP level and unlock new character costumes.

Ryu and Ayane playable in co-op mode: For the first time, players can use Ryu or Ayane to represent themselves in the game’s online co-op mode.

Test of Valor battle areas: Each chapter includes a hidden battle area called Test of Valor. Upon finding hidden Crystal Skulls, players will be transported to these areas to face down waves of enemies and classic NINJA GAIDEN boss characters with new moves.

Wii U GamePad Functionality: Using the Wii U GamePad, players can easily change weapons or Ninpo attacks, and also quickly reference the button inputs required for various combo attacks without ever stopping the action.

Additional Playable Characters: After the launch of the game, additional playable characters will become available as free downloadable content. More information about these characters will be revealed at a later time.

More Tenacious Enemies: The Wii U version of the game restores enemies’ ability to fight when severely wounded, requiring players to stay nimble with their battle strategies.
Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor’s Edge is rated “M” for Mature by the ESRB. For more information, visit https://ninjagaiden3.nintendo.com.

Looks a lot better. I'm pretty excited for it.

What the team did with DOA5 proves they know how to do things they just needed some time to adapt and such. DOA5 is better than all the other ones by far.

Back