Nice body for a Slave leia.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like I said, I got mine directly from the manufacturer via Alibaba, but One Sixth Kit was carrying it for less on his website until recently. It looks like he still has it listed on his eBay store for $56.99 (shipping included) at https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jiaou-Doll-1-6-Scale-Suntan-Seamless-Female-Body-For-Hot-Toys-Head-Sculpt-/172561629648

Admittedly, this isn't a cheap figure to bash together, but are there any decent alternatives? If Disney's ban on any Slave Leia merchandise is real, it's doubtful even Hot Toys will be producing its own version. Besides, to really make a Slave Leia figure look good, a 1/6 seamless body is the only way to go, and there really aren't a lot of manufacturers who make that their specialty. Even Phicen, who are arguably the biggest fish in this particular pond, have yet to produce a body that will work for this kit, and it's doubtful they'll ever get the Star Wars license to release their own Slave Leia.

Anyway, after a few months of research and disappointment, this kitbash I put together is the best 1/6 Slave Leia I can come up with. I submit my findings here hoping it can be used as a starting point for other collectors interested in producing their own and as a guide to point out the potential pitfalls that may come up along the way. Personally, I'm happy to finally have a decent Slave Leia to go with my Sideshow Jabba throne set-up after years of having only Bib Fortuna and a Gamorrean guard to keep him company. :woo

It's hard to say on the Disney thing - the consensus seemed to be (it was heavily debated here) that it wasn't true, but even if it wasn't, who knows when HT would get around to a slave Leia? Rumors suggested a HT ESB Han in the past year, but nothing so far.

A couple more shots w/Jabba:

Are you worried about bending the legs so much on a seamless? It's the other concerns beyond cost I have with using these seamless bodies - like the talcum powder thing which I think you're supposed to keep on to stop it getting sticky, the de-lamination of the skin (where it peels slightly in random places) and the break-through thing with the joints - where the "skeleton" cuts through the rubbery skin if you pose/bend it too severely.

These are issues that have been around a while, but it still seems like even the newest releases have these issues. I so wish these seamless bodies were more in the $30-40 range so it wouldn't matter if they died on you. I'd love to go this route, but I ended up doing a Slave Leia with a $20 head, hasbro gear and a leftover "visible joints" female body. I figured it sits in semi-darkness of the Jabba dio anyway.

Are you worried about bending the legs so much on a seamless? It's the other concerns beyond cost I have with using these seamless bodies - like the talcum powder thing which I think you're supposed to keep on to stop it getting sticky, the de-lamination of the skin (where it peels slightly in random places) and the break-through thing with the joints - where the "skeleton" cuts through the rubbery skin if you pose/bend it too severely.

These are issues that have been around a while, but it still seems like even the newest releases have these issues. I so wish these seamless bodies were more in the $30-40 range so it wouldn't matter if they died on you. I'd love to go this route, but I ended up doing a Slave Leia with a $20 head, hasbro gear and a leftover "visible joints" female body. I figured it sits in semi-darkness of the Jabba dio anyway.

I'm not too worried about breaking any of the joints on this latest Jiaou Doll. It's mostly made of a pliable yet resilient silicon material around a hard plastic skeleton with stainless steel joints, making it both sturdy yet easy to pose. This newest version also has swappable feet also made of hard plastic, thus avoiding the use of a flat metal foot that could pierce through its skin.

I actually first tried out a couple older Phicen bodies for this figure, but they were not only more difficult to pose, but their ratchety plastic joints either gradually loosened or broke entirely. Their rubbery flesh also felt stickier and tended to capture dust and dirt more than the Jiaou Doll, even after rinsing off most of the powder the latter was covered with out-of-the-box.

In fact, I share your concerns about using these seamless bodies. I've had an elbow split on my Hot Toys Mars Attacks! soldier and a shoulder joint snap on my first 300 King Leonidas figure. But this Jiaou Doll is in such a different league than any other figure in my collection that the $60 asking price for the body seems pretty reasonable to me.

I don't know how anyone can stand that Planet Princess bikini bottom. Beyond the fact that the material on the cloth isn't that great, if one of those little metal rings that holds the number together falls out again I swear I'm going to have an aneurysm.

Last edited:
I don't know how anyone can stand that Planet Princess bikini bottom. Beyond the fact that the material on the cloth isn't that great, if one of those little metal rings that holds the number together falls out again I swear I'm going to have an aneurysm.

I got rid of those little rings and tied the skirt together with bits of the same stretchy-string I used for the top. Not only is it more accurate to the original costume used on-screen, but it makes it possible to slip the skirt on the figure and position it on the hips where it needs to be.

I got rid of those little rings and tied the skirt together with bits of the same stretchy-string I used for the top. Not only is it more accurate to the original costume used on-screen, but it makes it possible to slip the skirt on the figure and position it on the hips where it needs to be.

Hmm, thanks for the tip. Il have to try this! Because as is, my custom just looks a bit cheap to me.

Hmm, thanks for the tip. Il have to try this! Because as is, my custom just looks a bit cheap to me.

Helpful hint: You'll need a sewing needle threader to get the stretchy-string through the tiny holes in those skirt pieces, or really thin gauge wire. You won't be able to thread those holes without them.

And feel free to reach out to me for help or any questions. Same goes to anyone else who wants to tackle this kitbash for themselves. :wave

Does anyone have a "guide" of the best parts currently on the market to bash Slave Leia? I want to put one togethet now that Jedi Luke is on the horizon from HT, but not sure where to start. Aren't there a couple different costume sets available? Best headsculpt?

I have it. I got suntan body mid bust. And it is superb. ACPLAY made an excellent head and accessories for that beautiful Leia slave figure. I got Phicen body super flexible body. S02A.
But i rhink is better Tan body mid bust matching better with head skin colors.

I will buy Tan Body Mid Bust to check it. I think it would be better matching.

Santi from Spain

My cobbled together slave leia..i used a JIAOUDOL middle bust wheat skin body and the ACPLAY set. While the head sculpt is very nice the costume looks to have been made with a larger buxom body in mind,so some alterations are needed for a more snug fit... View attachment 348046View attachment 348045View attachment 348044View attachment 348042View attachment 348043

that is the same model that I used for my version of slave leia. don't you love the baby powder smell :lol

Thought I would share some pics of my Slave Leia using the ACPlay set and Jiaou Doll wheat-colored medium-breast body. I did a repaint of the costume and some slight modifications, but overall I think it builds up to a nice figure.

slave leia 01.JPG
slave leia 02.JPG
slave leia 03.JPG

Back